Moving pictures from Windows Photo Gallery into a folder on my des

arose

Moving pictures from Windows Photo Gallery into a folder on my des
I have downloaded my pictures from my camera to Windows Photo Gallery. I
cannot figure out how to get them from there into a folder on my desktop. I
can't even burn them to a CD from Windows Photo Gallery, it wants to first
format my CD and then says it can't finish the format. I just need some way
to move these pictures out of Windows Photo gallery so I can ultimately get
them onto a CD, but I can't even find the path to where they are located.
Please help!
John Inzer

Re: Moving pictures from Windows Photo Gallery into a folder on my des
arose wrote:
> I have downloaded my pictures from my camera to Windows Photo
> Gallery. I cannot figure out how to get them from there into a folder
> on my desktop. I can't even burn them to a CD from Windows Photo
> Gallery, it wants to first format my CD and then says it can't finish
> the format. I just need some way to move these pictures out of
> Windows Photo gallery so I can ultimately get them onto a CD, but I
> can't even find the path to where they are located. Please help!

=======================================
Your pictures are not *in* Windows Photo Gallery...
it simply records the path to the location of the pictures.

Open Windows Photo Gallery and right click one
of the thumbnails for the pictures you are looking
for...from the menu...choose...Properties....

On the General tab at "Location" you will see the path
to the folder the pictures are saved in. (Hint: you
may not see the complete path unless you highlight
the text by dragging your pointer across it from left
to right)

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

clairet

Re: Moving pictures from Windows Photo Gallery into a folder on my des

I just want to load some software via a cd and Photo Gallery thinks it
needs to format the cd. Can't I just choose something else to manage
photos? Just loaded Service Pack 1. Never had a problem installing
software I own before.

--
clairet
Its My Bug

RE: Moving pictures from Windows Photo Gallery into a folder on my des
Try "Open File Destination" - this should take you to where they are
(Pictures?) - then you should be able to move them where you want to.
--
Bugsy

"arose" wrote:

> I have downloaded my pictures from my camera to Windows Photo Gallery. I
> cannot figure out how to get them from there into a folder on my desktop. I
> can't even burn them to a CD from Windows Photo Gallery, it wants to first
> format my CD and then says it can't finish the format. I just need some way
> to move these pictures out of Windows Photo gallery so I can ultimately get
> them onto a CD, but I can't even find the path to where they are located.
> Please help!

Bob

Re: Moving pictures from Windows Photo Gallery into a folder on mydes
They are not in Photo Gallery. They are in a folder. By default the
folder is "C:\Users\username\Pictures"

For future reference you might want to create a new folder before you
transfer pictures to your computer and then transfer them to the folder.

I suggest you copy them to the folder so that if needed you still have
the original on your memory card.