Media Player Problems!!

kud1968

Media Player Problems!!
When I attempt to watch a streaming video from a website, sometimes I get
to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point
to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted." or I get this message:
"Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not
be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might
not be correct.". I have used the "troubleshooting" suggestions for windows
and attempted to adjust the proxy server in all possible configurations and
the other suggestions as well. I keep receiving these messages and an unable
to view any videos whatsoever!
setting changes : 1.I had to update the NVIDIA graphics driver to version
175.16 (for 32 bit).
2. I uninstalled Nortan security and installed McAfee antivirus.

Shawnie Girl

RE: Media Player Problems!!
Okay, what if you don't remember if you re-named or deleted the file? what
do i do then? I burn alot of music, and I don't now how to fix the problem.
Please steer me in the right direction.

"kud1968" wrote:

> When I attempt to watch a streaming video from a website, sometimes I get
> to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point
> to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted." or I get this message:
> "Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not
> be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might
> not be correct.". I have used the "troubleshooting" suggestions for windows
> and attempted to adjust the proxy server in all possible configurations and
> the other suggestions as well. I keep receiving these messages and an unable
> to view any videos whatsoever!
> setting changes : 1.I had to update the NVIDIA graphics driver to version
> 175.16 (for 32 bit).
> 2. I uninstalled Nortan security and installed McAfee antivirus.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media Player Problems!!

Is it only affecting that one burn list or all of your burn lists?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Shawnie Girl" <Shawnie Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Okay, what if you don't remember if you re-named or deleted the file?
> what
> do i do then? I burn alot of music, and I don't now how to fix the
> problem.
> Please steer me in the right direction.
>
> "kud1968" wrote:
>
>> When I attempt to watch a streaming video from a website, sometimes I get
>> trying
>> to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might
>> point
>> to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted." or I get this
>> message:
>> "Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might
>> not
>> be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings
>> might
>> not be correct.". I have used the "troubleshooting" suggestions for
>> windows
>> and attempted to adjust the proxy server in all possible configurations
>> and
>> the other suggestions as well. I keep receiving these messages and an
>> unable
>> to view any videos whatsoever!
>> setting changes : 1.I had to update the NVIDIA graphics driver to version
>> 175.16 (for 32 bit).
>> 2. I uninstalled Nortan security and installed McAfee antivirus.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media Player Problems!!

Is this broken for all streaming videos now? Does streaming audio work
still?
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#networktab
might help...

--