video streaming hit and miss

Zinn21

video streaming hit and miss
I am having problems running video streams on certain sites. When I go to You
Tube, I have no problem playing video. When I attempt to replay a race video
at at racing site, it opens media, connects to media, then says ready and
nothing plays on the screen. I have tried everything I can think of. Anyone
have any suggestions? Is it a problem with the site since I can play video on
other sites??
Clinton

Re: video streaming hit and miss
What would be helpful is to kow which site it is. It could be that you have
to hit a "Play" button for it to run, or something else going on.

"Zinn21" <Zinn21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having problems running video streams on certain sites. When I go to
>You
> Tube, I have no problem playing video. When I attempt to replay a race
> video
> at at racing site, it opens media, connects to media, then says ready and
> nothing plays on the screen. I have tried everything I can think of.
> Anyone
> have any suggestions? Is it a problem with the site since I can play video
> on
> other sites??

Zinn21

Re: video streaming hit and miss
the site is www.calracing.com I was on this a.m. with tech support and they
can't figure it out either. All settings are double and triple checked and
correct. I have an old desktop and I can play video from it so it can't be
the ISP. It has to be something blocking my laptop.
This is so frustrating. My horse just won at Golden Gate Fields and I can't
see the replay. My tv DVR cut the race off a hundred yards out of the gate.
Any ideas??

"Clinton" wrote:

> What would be helpful is to kow which site it is. It could be that you have
> to hit a "Play" button for it to run, or something else going on.
>

> "Zinn21" <Zinn21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having problems running video streams on certain sites. When I go to
> >You
> > Tube, I have no problem playing video. When I attempt to replay a race
> > video
> > at at racing site, it opens media, connects to media, then says ready and
> > nothing plays on the screen. I have tried everything I can think of.
> > Anyone
> > have any suggestions? Is it a problem with the site since I can play video
> > on
> > other sites??

Clinton

Re: video streaming hit and miss
Interesting, as I went to the site and things seemed to work well for me
for the most part. Since the race day at GGF is over, I wasn't able to get a
"live" feed. If you are using Media Player 11 then you should be fine. Did
you try it with all of your Internet security stuff off?

> the site is www.calracing.com I was on this a.m. with tech support and
> they
> can't figure it out either. All settings are double and triple checked and
> correct. I have an old desktop and I can play video from it so it can't be
> the ISP. It has to be something blocking my laptop.
> This is so frustrating. My horse just won at Golden Gate Fields and I
> can't
> see the replay. My tv DVR cut the race off a hundred yards out of the
> gate.
> Any ideas??
>
> "Clinton" wrote:
>
>> What would be helpful is to kow which site it is. It could be that you
>> have
>> to hit a "Play" button for it to run, or something else going on.
>>

>> "Zinn21" <Zinn21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having problems running video streams on certain sites. When I go
>> >You
>> > Tube, I have no problem playing video. When I attempt to replay a race
>> > video
>> > at at racing site, it opens media, connects to media, then says ready
>> > and
>> > nothing plays on the screen. I have tried everything I can think of.
>> > Anyone
>> > have any suggestions? Is it a problem with the site since I can play
>> > video
>> > on
>> > other sites??

Zinn21

Re: video streaming hit and miss
Yes I have turned off firewall. No help. There is something blocking the
video from playing. No buffer. I have even tried re setting to all defaults.

"Clinton" wrote:

> Interesting, as I went to the site and things seemed to work well for me
> for the most part. Since the race day at GGF is over, I wasn't able to get a
> "live" feed. If you are using Media Player 11 then you should be fine. Did
> you try it with all of your Internet security stuff off?
>

> "Zinn21" <Zinn21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > the site is www.calracing.com I was on this a.m. with tech support and
> > they
> > can't figure it out either. All settings are double and triple checked and
> > correct. I have an old desktop and I can play video from it so it can't be
> > the ISP. It has to be something blocking my laptop.
> > This is so frustrating. My horse just won at Golden Gate Fields and I
> > can't
> > see the replay. My tv DVR cut the race off a hundred yards out of the
> > gate.
> > Any ideas??
> >
> > "Clinton" wrote:
> >
> >> What would be helpful is to kow which site it is. It could be that you
> >> have
> >> to hit a "Play" button for it to run, or something else going on.

Clinton

Re: video streaming hit and miss
Have you tried another browser?

> Yes I have turned off firewall. No help. There is something blocking the
> video from playing. No buffer. I have even tried re setting to all
> defaults.
>
> "Clinton" wrote:
>
>> Interesting, as I went to the site and things seemed to work well for me
>> for the most part. Since the race day at GGF is over, I wasn't able to
>> get a
>> "live" feed. If you are using Media Player 11 then you should be fine.
>> Did
>> you try it with all of your Internet security stuff off?
>>

>> "Zinn21" <Zinn21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > the site is www.calracing.com I was on this a.m. with tech support and
>> > they
>> > can't figure it out either. All settings are double and triple checked
>> > and
>> > correct. I have an old desktop and I can play video from it so it can't
>> > be
>> > the ISP. It has to be something blocking my laptop.
>> > This is so frustrating. My horse just won at Golden Gate Fields and I
>> > can't
>> > see the replay. My tv DVR cut the race off a hundred yards out of the
>> > gate.
>> > Any ideas??

zachd [MSFT]

Re: video streaming hit and miss

Dumb question, but if you reset the network cache--
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#networktab
- does this then work?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Zinn21" <Zinn21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the site is www.calracing.com I was on this a.m. with tech support and
> they
> can't figure it out either. All settings are double and triple checked and
> correct. I have an old desktop and I can play video from it so it can't be
> the ISP. It has to be something blocking my laptop.
> This is so frustrating. My horse just won at Golden Gate Fields and I
> can't
> see the replay. My tv DVR cut the race off a hundred yards out of the
> gate.
> Any ideas??
>
> "Clinton" wrote:
>
>> What would be helpful is to kow which site it is. It could be that you
>> have
>> to hit a "Play" button for it to run, or something else going on.
>>

>> "Zinn21" <Zinn21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having problems running video streams on certain sites. When I go
>> >You
>> > Tube, I have no problem playing video. When I attempt to replay a race
>> > video
>> > at at racing site, it opens media, connects to media, then says ready
>> > and
>> > nothing plays on the screen. I have tried everything I can think of.
>> > Anyone
>> > have any suggestions? Is it a problem with the site since I can play
>> > video
>> > on
>> > other sites??

Zinn21

Re: video streaming hit and miss
Reset what network cache? Went to network settings WMP and didn't see
anything about network cache. Article in highlighted URL speaks zero about
network cache. I did change some of my settings and checked to see if it
allowed video play and it did not. Please give me an idea how I can reset
network cache. I willing to try anything but I still say something very
simply is blocking the video from playing. I was told to unininstall and
reinstall widows media player but can't seem to uninstall it. I go to contol
panel and uninstall but WMP seems to remain intact.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Dumb question, but if you reset the network cache--
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#networktab
> - does this then work?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Zinn21" <Zinn21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > the site is www.calracing.com I was on this a.m. with tech support and
> > they
> > can't figure it out either. All settings are double and triple checked and
> > correct. I have an old desktop and I can play video from it so it can't be
> > the ISP. It has to be something blocking my laptop.
> > This is so frustrating. My horse just won at Golden Gate Fields and I
> > can't
> > see the replay. My tv DVR cut the race off a hundred yards out of the
> > gate.
> > Any ideas??
> >
> > "Clinton" wrote:
> >
> >> What would be helpful is to kow which site it is. It could be that you
> >> have
> >> to hit a "Play" button for it to run, or something else going on.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: video streaming hit and miss

It refers to a folder location that contains that the files that I'm
referring to. Rename that folder with the DTD files and that'll reset what
I'm asking about.
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#networktab

You cannot uninstall and reinstall the player on Vista and any advice
telling you to do that is badly written or misinformed.

-Zach
--
Speaking for myself only.
> Reset what network cache? Went to network settings WMP and didn't see
> anything about network cache. Article in highlighted URL speaks zero about
> network cache. I did change some of my settings and checked to see if it
> allowed video play and it did not. Please give me an idea how I can reset
> network cache. I willing to try anything but I still say something very
> simply is blocking the video from playing. I was told to unininstall and
> reinstall widows media player but can't seem to uninstall it. I go to
> contol
> panel and uninstall but WMP seems to remain intact.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> Dumb question, but if you reset the network cache--
>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#networktab
>> - does this then work?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "Zinn21" <Zinn21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > the site is www.calracing.com I was on this a.m. with tech support and
>> > they
>> > can't figure it out either. All settings are double and triple checked
>> > and
>> > correct. I have an old desktop and I can play video from it so it can't
>> > be
>> > the ISP. It has to be something blocking my laptop.
>> > This is so frustrating. My horse just won at Golden Gate Fields and I
>> > can't
>> > see the replay. My tv DVR cut the race off a hundred yards out of the
>> > gate.
>> > Any ideas??

Zinn21

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> It refers to a folder location that contains that the files that I'm
> referring to. Rename that folder with the DTD files and that'll reset what
> I'm asking about.
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#networktab
>
> You cannot uninstall and reinstall the player on Vista and any advice
> telling you to do that is badly written or misinformed.
>
> -Zach
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Zinn21" <Zinn21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Reset what network cache? Went to network settings WMP and didn't see
> > anything about network cache. Article in highlighted URL speaks zero about
> > network cache. I did change some of my settings and checked to see if it
> > allowed video play and it did not. Please give me an idea how I can reset
> > network cache. I willing to try anything but I still say something very
> > simply is blocking the video from playing. I was told to unininstall and
> > reinstall widows media player but can't seem to uninstall it. I go to
> > contol
> > panel and uninstall but WMP seems to remain intact.
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> Dumb question, but if you reset the network cache--
> >> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#networktab
> >> - does this then work?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.
> >> --
> >> "Zinn21" <Zinn21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Zach, I appreciate your help but I need more step by step detail. Do I go to
WMP and tools, options and Network tab. If so what do I do next? Also I
attempted to run a dvd this morning and it tells me I have an error message
C00D11B1. I uninstalled and reinstalled conextant audio file and it states it
failed. When I check another installation page it states it is installed and
running correctly. I'm about to buy tech help cause this is not simple. Just
stated installation failed code 80070103. Should I just buy some TECH SUPPORT?