Windows Media Player Mini Player

MCHanson89

Windows Media Player Mini Player
I've recently noticed that my Windows Media Player doesn’t minimize to the
mini player. It goes to an ordinary taskbar button. I know how to switch
between these two behaviors but even when I set the taskbar to allow a
windows media player toolbar, the mini player does not appear when
minimizing. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, or even how to reset
Windows Media Player in Vista, I would appreciate it.
brandy

RE: Windows Media Player Mini Player
i'm having the same problem, and it is really bothering me. i am also hoping
for help on this.

"MCHanson89" wrote:

> I've recently noticed that my Windows Media Player doesn’t minimize to the
> mini player. It goes to an ordinary taskbar button. I know how to switch
> between these two behaviors but even when I set the taskbar to allow a
> windows media player toolbar, the mini player does not appear when
> minimizing. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, or even how to reset
> Windows Media Player in Vista, I would appreciate it.

Avatarrr

Re: Windows Media Player Mini Player

Sorry For The Delay In Responding. Had This Problem Myself.

First Read About It From Member Aileen.

Someone Had Posted A Reply About Starting The Player In Mini Mode In
The General Options Tab. No Joy There And No Dis Intended.

What Was Discovered Was That On That General Options Tab Was A Curious
Start Player In Mini Mode When Files Named "Place Whatever Your System
Has Already Selected For You" Option. Mine Was voice.att. Unckecking
That Option Led To Joy.

Curiously Couldn't Find Any Reference To What This Option Really Means
On MS. However, The Fix Worked For Me. Hope It Does For You Also.

--
Avatarrr
Avatarrr's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52492

http://forums.techarena.in

durerca

Re: Windows Media Player Mini Player

Without me knowing what I did to fix it, WMP has gone back to minimizing
itself in the system tray though I can't identify what change I made
that caused it. I also have the miniplayer mode option that was
mentioned checked without any problems.

--
durerca
Avatarrr

Re: Windows Media Player Mini Player

Lucky You Durerca. I'm Glad You Were Able To Get This Fixed By Whatever
Means.

If You Do Find Out, Please Post Back