Microsoft Digital Image Products

Yearbookmom

Microsoft Digital Image Products
I am an avid user of the Microsoft Digital Image editing functions that came
with Digital Image Suite 2006 and Anniversary editions. I am the editor for
our yearbook and I have touted the functions in this suite to many novice
users as extremely easy to use and intuitive vs. Adobe products. The editing
functions are endless and each year our committee who works with about 6 -
10 copies of this product create an amazing yearbook that we are constantly
called upon to know what we use to create our pages. Our schools now want to
use the product and I am having a hard time recommending a product that
Microsoft no longer distributes. How sad! Many of the people on my yearbook
staff are familiar with Adobe Photo Shop and I am as well and we find
Microsoft's product so much easier to use for photo editing and "scrap
booking". There are thousands of applications especially now that home users
and educators are becoming more interested in working with digital images. I
think this is a bad move for Microsoft to drop this product line. I
understand that Vista has the library function and an extremely small ...
tiny set of editing features but that is not enough. Microsoft ... please,
please what are you doing?

John Inzer

Re: Microsoft Digital Image Products

I have forwarded your message to someone
at Microsoft.

Could you post an e-mail address in case a
Microsoft representative wishes to contact you?

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

==========================

Yearbookmom wrote:
> I am an avid user of the Microsoft Digital Image editing functions
> that came with Digital Image Suite 2006 and Anniversary editions. I
> am the editor for our yearbook and I have touted the functions in
> this suite to many novice users as extremely easy to use and
> intuitive vs. Adobe products. The editing functions are endless and
> each year our committee who works with about 6 - 10 copies of this
> product create an amazing yearbook that we are constantly called upon
> to know what we use to create our pages. Our schools now want to use
> the product and I am having a hard time recommending a product that
> Microsoft no longer distributes. How sad! Many of the people on my
> yearbook staff are familiar with Adobe Photo Shop and I am as well
> and we find Microsoft's product so much easier to use for photo
> editing and "scrap booking". There are thousands of applications
> especially now that home users and educators are becoming more
> interested in working with digital images. I think this is a bad
> move for Microsoft to drop this product line. I understand that
> Vista has the library function and an extremely small ... tiny set of
> editing features but that is not enough. Microsoft ... please,
> please what are you doing?

Yearbookmom

Re: Microsoft Digital Image Products
Thanks so much for passing this on to the right place. My email address is
anaweston@comcast.net.

Thanks again!

Yearbookmom wrote:
> Thanks so much for passing this on to the right place. My email
> address is anaweston@comcast.net.
>
> Thanks again!

=====================================
I forwarded your e-mail address. Your feedback
is important and I hope you receive a reply from
Microsoft but I cannot make any promises )

I too have been a huge fan of MS Picture It! / MS
Digital Image for many years and also hope that
someday a quality image editor will be released
to fill the void left by the discontinuation of Digital
Image Suite.

Cheers,

--

John Inzer