Problems with consecutive clips in Movie Maker

Crispy1

Problems with consecutive clips in Movie Maker
Hi, hope someone can help two non techies. We have a new computer with Vista
Home Premium, 4GB Ram and 500GB HDD which came with Movie Maker (version 6)
which we are trying to use to edit our recent holiday movie. We have
downloaded the footage from our Sony mini DV camcorder via a IEE1394 cable.
The problem is when we try to have consecutive video clips, frames from the
later clip seem to embed themselves in to the earlier clip and we cannot seem
to find anyway to delete them. Does anyone have any idea what is happening or
what we can do about it in simple terms. Thanks.
John Inzer

Re: Problems with consecutive clips in Movie Maker
Crispy1 wrote:
> Hi, hope someone can help two non techies. We have a new computer
> with Vista Home Premium, 4GB Ram and 500GB HDD which came with Movie
> Maker (version 6) which we are trying to use to edit our recent
> holiday movie. We have downloaded the footage from our Sony mini DV
> camcorder via a IEE1394 cable. The problem is when we try to have
> consecutive video clips, frames from the later clip seem to embed
> themselves in to the earlier clip and we cannot seem to find anyway
> to delete them. Does anyone have any idea what is happening or what
> we can do about it in simple terms. Thanks.

=========================
In timeline view...if you place your
pointer on a clip it will change to a
hand...when you see the hand...you
can left click/drag the clip to overlap
the frames...maybe this is what has
occurred.

Or...maybe...you could...try splitting
the clip and deleting the unwanted
frames?

In timeline view...advance (drag)
the Playback Indicator (vertical line)
to the place where you want the split
and type...Ctrl+L.

Right click / Delete the unwanted frames.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Crispy1

RE: Problems with consecutive clips in Movie Maker
I am posting again to bring this up the list in the hope that someone can
help us. We are desperate to get on with our holiday DVD but just cannot
resolve this problem - please anyone any suggestions?

Thanks