Problem playing the "created" DVD in a DVD Player connected to a T

AL

Problem playing the "created" DVD in a DVD Player connected to a T
Hi All, Hope you can help me on this. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate. So
far I have created my movie (pics, music, and audio). I burned the movie to a
DVD-R. However, when I put the DVD in my DVD player that is connected to my
TV, I get a message that it cannot read the DVD. Any suggestions ??? Thank You
--
AL
Clevo

Re: Problem playing the "created" DVD in a DVD Player connected to a T

I have lots of suggestions but...

We will need more info:

How did you burn...what settings did you use. What brand is your DVD
(disc). What program are you using to burn.

etc etc

Are you sure your video files are dvd compliant mpeg2 files?

so many questions

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
AL

Re: Problem playing the "created" DVD in a DVD Player connected to
Wow...Here goes. I am using Memorex DVD -R discs. I am using Windows Vista
Ultimate. I made the movie on Windows Movie Maker and burned the movie using
the "Publish" feature. It allowed me to burn to the disc...I can play the
movie on the burned disc on my laptop, but it will not play when I put it in
the DVD player hooked to my TV. THe DVD player says it is DVD R and RW
compatible. What am I missing? Thanks for your reply. Al
--
AL

"Clevo" wrote:

> I have lots of suggestions but...
>
> We will need more info:
>
> How did you burn...what settings did you use. What brand is your DVD
> (disc). What program are you using to burn.
>
> etc etc
>
> Are you sure your video files are dvd compliant mpeg2 files?
>
> so many questions
>

> AL;727952 Wrote:
> > Hi All, Hope you can help me on this. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate.
> > So
> > far I have created my movie (pics, music, and audio). I burned the
> > movie to a
> > DVD-R. However, when I put the DVD in my DVD player that is connected
> > to my
> > TV, I get a message that it cannot read the DVD. Any suggestions ???
> > Thank You
> > --
> > AL

> --
> Clevo
>
> ___________________________
> Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
> ASUS P5K MB
> Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
> 4GB RAM (DDR2)
> NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
> Realtek HD onboard sound
>
> Helpful links:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE

nelsontrek

Re: Problem playing the "created" DVD in a DVD Player connected to a T

Well according to the Microsoft website for Movie Maker 2.1 you need a
3rd party software to burn it as DVD format.

"Using third-party software you can even take movies you've made and
'_turn_them_into_DVDs_'
(http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...e/dvdburn.mspx).
You can also save your movie back to the video tape in your camera to
play back on a TV or on the camera itself."

I believe the newer version may have it built in but am not able to
verify that at this time.

--
nelsontrek