DVD Maker "invalid class string" during transcode

Maurice

DVD Maker "invalid class string" during transcode
Hello all,

I had been using DVD Maker in Vista Home Premium without any problems up
until this past weekend; Now after I had a movie (or movies) to a DVD
project, and advance to the next screen DVD Maker hangs and I get the
dialogue window to close and restart DVD Maker.

One change I know I did (since the last time DVD Maker worked) was to
install the Community Codec Pack over the weekend, so I uninstalled it and
the codecs it installed.. Then reinstalled DivX from the Divx homepage (since
the videos I want to burn are compressed with Divx/Xvid).

Now I get a little further along in DVD maker, and it starts encoding -- but
after about .2% of the encoding process I get the error "Invalid class
string" and DVD maker shuts down. I've tried it with small videos that I
had been able to burn in the past but still get stuck here.

The last thing I tried was to use System Restore to roll my system back
about a week, but I'm still getting the same issue. (FYI, I am able to
play all of my videos in WMP and the Divx player without any problems; I just
can't burn with with DVDM).

Thanks
Clevo

Re: DVD Maker "invalid class string" during transcode

It's possible you uninstalled a codec that was there before you
installed the codec pack and the uninstaller thought it was one of the
codec it installed.

Try installing the Vista codec pack available from Microsoft.

Is there a particular reason why you need to creat a DVD with Divx?
You'll need a divx ready dvd player to play them.

Maurice;727428 Wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I had been using DVD Maker in Vista Home Premium without any problems
> up
> until this past weekend; Now after I had a movie (or movies) to a DVD
> project, and advance to the next screen DVD Maker hangs and I get the
> dialogue window to close and restart DVD Maker.
>
> One change I know I did (since the last time DVD Maker worked) was to
> install the Community Codec Pack over the weekend, so I uninstalled it
> and
> the codecs it installed.. Then reinstalled DivX from the Divx homepage
> (since
> the videos I want to burn are compressed with Divx/Xvid).
>
> Now I get a little further along in DVD maker, and it starts encoding
> -- but
> after about .2% of the encoding process I get the error "Invalid class
> string" and DVD maker shuts down. I've tried it with small videos that
> had been able to burn in the past but still get stuck here.
>
> The last thing I tried was to use System Restore to roll my system back
> about a week, but I'm still getting the same issue. (FYI, I am able to
> play all of my videos in WMP and the Divx player without any problems;
> I just
> can't burn with with DVDM).
>
> Thanks

Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
Maurice

Re: DVD Maker "invalid class string" during transcode
Thank you Clevo, I'll try the Vista Codec Pack and will follow up with the
results.

I usually encode my videos with Divx or Xvid to make them smaller. It was
my understanding that during the encode process, the source video format is
converted to MPEG2 for DVD video. I have been able to play movies that I've
converted in the past on "basic" non-Divx enabled players.

Thanks
Maurice

"Clevo" wrote:

> It's possible you uninstalled a codec that was there before you
> installed the codec pack and the uninstaller thought it was one of the
> codec it installed.
>
> Try installing the Vista codec pack available from Microsoft.
>
> Is there a particular reason why you need to creat a DVD with Divx?
> You'll need a divx ready dvd player to play them.
>

> Maurice;727428 Wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I had been using DVD Maker in Vista Home Premium without any problems
> > up
> > until this past weekend; Now after I had a movie (or movies) to a DVD
> > project, and advance to the next screen DVD Maker hangs and I get the
> > dialogue window to close and restart DVD Maker.
> >
> > One change I know I did (since the last time DVD Maker worked) was to
> > install the Community Codec Pack over the weekend, so I uninstalled it
> > and
> > the codecs it installed.. Then reinstalled DivX from the Divx homepage
> > (since
> > the videos I want to burn are compressed with Divx/Xvid).
> >
> > Now I get a little further along in DVD maker, and it starts encoding
> > -- but
> > after about .2% of the encoding process I get the error "Invalid class
> > string" and DVD maker shuts down. I've tried it with small videos that
> > had been able to burn in the past but still get stuck here.
> >
> > The last thing I tried was to use System Restore to roll my system back
> > about a week, but I'm still getting the same issue. (FYI, I am able to
> > play all of my videos in WMP and the Divx player without any problems;
> > I just
> > can't burn with with DVDM).
> >
> > Thanks

> Clevo
>
> ___________________________
> Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
> ASUS P5K MB
> Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
> 4GB RAM (DDR2)
> NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
> Realtek HD onboard sound
>
> Helpful links:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE

Saintkingdom

Re: DVD Maker "invalid class string" during transcode

I'm having the same damn problem, any luck on your end?

--
Saintkingdom
Saintkingdom's Profile: http://camcorderanswers.com/member.php?userid=11801

http://camcorderanswers.com