Divx Skipping

Kevin

Divx Skipping
I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 Core 2 2.0G Duo Processor, 2 Gig of ram and a
256MB ATI Mobility X1400 video card. I am running Windows Vista. Whenever I
play a Divx movie with WMP it skips. Sometimes the sound plays good but the
picture becomes slows down. After about 30 sec – min, the picture takes off
and catches up to the sound. I have tried other players and I get the same
results. The only one that seems to work is VLC player. I talked to a fella
in a computer shop today and he suggested more ram. Is 2 gig of ram not
enough, or should I have more? I have another computer that is also an
Inspiron 6400 with the exact same hardware but it has XP on it. It does not
have any problems with it. Is this a vista problem or do I need to upgrade it
already?
Clevo

Re: Divx Skipping

HI Kevin...not sure I can help as there could be numerous reasons for
your particular problem.

I'm assuming you have the divx codec installed...it's free

2G of Ram is more than enough. Divx is a compression that keeps good
quality and very good compression.

You don;t mention where you got the DivX video file from this could be
important.

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
Kevin

Re: Divx Skipping
Hi Clevo I do have the divx codc installed, I downloaded it from the divx.com

Kevin