Vista, Windows Movie Maker

danandbethany

Vista, Windows Movie Maker
I am using a video cature device to download video from a camcorder. When I
play back the video on Windows Movie Maker, the sound and video will match
for a while and then the video seems to slow down and the audio just keeps
going. The audio and video do not match up!! What can I do to fix this?
Clevo

Re: Vista, Windows Movie Maker

Usually letting us know what kind of camcorder helps.

also...how are you capturing? Through Firewire cable or USB?

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
danandbethany

Re: Vista, Windows Movie Maker
The camcorder is a Panasonic Palmcorder. I am using an EZ Grabber with a USB
cable.

"Clevo" wrote:

> Usually letting us know what kind of camcorder helps.
>
> also...how are you capturing? Through Firewire cable or USB?
>
> danandbethany;726618 Wrote:
> > I am using a video cature device to download video from a camcorder.
> > When I
> > play back the video on Windows Movie Maker, the sound and video will
> > match
> > for a while and then the video seems to slow down and the audio just
> > keeps
> > going. The audio and video do not match up!! What can I do to fix this?

> --
> Clevo
>
> ___________________________
> Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
> ASUS P5K MB
> Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
> 4GB RAM (DDR2)
> NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
> Realtek HD onboard sound
>
> Helpful links:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE

Clevo

Re: Vista, Windows Movie Maker

Which model?

Do you know if it comes with a firewire port? and do you have forewire
capability on your PC?

In general, USB is too slow to capture video with and even with my
Panasonic NV-gs180, firewire cables never ship with the product even
though it's the preferred method to capture.

danandbethany;727458 Wrote:
> The camcorder is a Panasonic Palmcorder. I am using an EZ Grabber with a
> USB
> cable.
>
> "Clevo" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Usually letting us know what kind of camcorder helps.
> > >
> > > also...how are you capturing? Through Firewire cable or USB?

> > > camcorder.
> > > will
> > > just
> > > this?> > > >
> > >

> > > --
> > > Clevo
> > >
> > > ___________________________
> > > Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
> > > ASUS P5K MB
> > > Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
> > > 4GB RAM (DDR2)
> > > NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
> > > Realtek HD onboard sound
> > >
> > > Helpful links:
> > > 'Windows Vista Help: Codecs: frequently asked questions'

> > (http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE)

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
danandbethany

Re: Vista, Windows Movie Maker
The model number is PV-D300D. I do not know what a firewire is.

"Clevo" wrote:

> Which model?
>
> Do you know if it comes with a firewire port? and do you have forewire
> capability on your PC?
>
> In general, USB is too slow to capture video with and even with my
> Panasonic NV-gs180, firewire cables never ship with the product even
> though it's the preferred method to capture.
>

> danandbethany;727458 Wrote:
> > The camcorder is a Panasonic Palmcorder. I am using an EZ Grabber with a
> > USB
> > cable.

> > > (http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE)
> > > > > >

> --
> Clevo
>
> ___________________________
> Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
> ASUS P5K MB
> Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
> 4GB RAM (DDR2)
> NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
> Realtek HD onboard sound
>
> Helpful links:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE

murfdawg001

Re: Vista, Windows Movie Maker

firewire is a little hard to explain but if you go to any electronics
retail store, they should be able to point you in the right direction.
Basically, it has a higher bit transfer rate than USB 2.0 and is better
suited for commercially available video capturing devices like a miniDV
recorder. Another point that you will want to bring up with the
salesman is what connector type it is. There are two varieties out
there: one is 6-prong and the other is just 4- prong. The difference is
- outside of the shape and size of the connector - is that 6-prong
carries power from the host machine while the other does not. Hope this
helps you out.

--
murfdawg001