Screen capture of WMV files

HLWYSE

Screen capture of WMV files
I want to do a screen catpure of a WMV file to load into a ppt. I don't want
to insert the entire movie, just capture an image.
John Inzer

Re: Screen capture of WMV files
HLWYSE wrote:
> I want to do a screen catpure of a WMV file to load into a ppt. I
> don't want to insert the entire movie, just capture an image.

=================================
Try the following steps...

Play the video clip in Windows Media Player...

Go to...View / Fullscreen...

When you reach the image you want to capture...
pause the Media Player...

Press your Print Screen key...
(this places the image on your Windows Clipboard)

Open a graphics program...Windows Paint,
IrfanView, etc...go to...Edit / Paste...

Now go to...File / Save As...save the image...as
..jpg, .png, .tif, etc...now you can import it into PPT.

Good luck

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

HLWYSE

Re: Screen capture of WMV files
Thanks, I tried your suggestions, but when I then crop, resize or move the
graphic, it won't "hold still", and if the oroginal WMV file is closed, then
the graphic goes black.

HLWYSE wrote:
> Thanks, I tried your suggestions, but when I then crop, resize or
> move the graphic, it won't "hold still", and if the oroginal WMV file
> is closed, then the graphic goes black.

============================
After you "Print Screen" and "Paste"
all you should have displayed in your
image editing software is a still image...
nothing should be moving.

Here'a an alternative...

Try importing the .wmv file into Movie
Maker...drag it to the timeline...and do
a capture of the frame you need by using
the "Take Picture" option.
(Tools / Take picture from preview)

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Bender

Re: Screen capture of WMV files
Just use a digital camera.

"HLWYSE" <HLWYSE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to do a screen catpure of a WMV file to load into a ppt. I don't
> want
> to insert the entire movie, just capture an image.

IkidUnot

Re: Screen capture of WMV files
Instead of trying tpo make the clipboard work, IrfanView will also perform a
screenshot, so you can run the movie to the desired frame, pause it, then
click the key combo for IrfanView to grab it.

OK?

--
-me.
Let this forum know if this helps or if you figure out the problem, so