video

sugarbowl

video
Hi I have vista, and I have downloaded videos from itoons. Then I burned
them on cds. My problem is that once they are burned, I can hear the cds but
cannot see them. Does anyone know why. I must be missing something, Thanks
for your help.
sugarbowl
newbie

RE: video
Hi , if Im not mistaken, you need to use a dvd for video, cds are for audio
only.
--

"sugarbowl" wrote:

> Hi I have vista, and I have downloaded videos from itoons. Then I burned
> them on cds. My problem is that once they are burned, I can hear the cds but
> cannot see them. Does anyone know why. I must be missing something, Thanks
> for your help.
> sugarbowl

John Inzer

Re: video
newbie wrote:
> Hi , if Im not mistaken, you need to use a dvd for video, cds are for
> audio only.

==============================
Nope...you can create what is known as
a VCD on a CD...and many if not most
DVD players will play them.

Any of the better video authoring programs
can produce VCDs.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

newbie

Re: video
wow, I (obviously) didnt know that, so it is the authoring program one uses
rather than the disk type? Id never heard of a vcd, sorry for wrong info
sugarbowl, I shoulda known better, as you can tell by my name I really
shouldnt be trying to answer anyhting just yet.
--

"John Inzer" wrote:

> newbie wrote:
> > Hi , if Im not mistaken, you need to use a dvd for video, cds are for
> > audio only.

> ==============================
> Nope...you can create what is known as
> a VCD on a CD...and many if not most
> DVD players will play them.
>
> Any of the better video authoring programs
> can produce VCDs.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: video
newbie wrote:
> wow, I (obviously) didnt know that, so it is the authoring program
> one uses rather than the disk type? Id never heard of a vcd, sorry
> for wrong info sugarbowl, I shoulda known better, as you can tell by
> my name I really shouldnt be trying to answer anyhting just yet.

========================
It's a combo of both the authoring
software and the disk type.

sugarbowl?

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

newbie

Re: video
Thank you John Inzer for the information, the apology was directed to
'sugarbowl' the original poster
--

"John Inzer" wrote:

> newbie wrote:
> > wow, I (obviously) didnt know that, so it is the authoring program
> > one uses rather than the disk type? Id never heard of a vcd, sorry
> > for wrong info sugarbowl, I shoulda known better, as you can tell by
> > my name I really shouldnt be trying to answer anyhting just yet.

> ========================
> It's a combo of both the authoring
> software and the disk type.
>
> sugarbowl?
> LOL, sure why not?
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: video
newbie wrote:
> Thank you John Inzer for the information, the apology was directed to
> 'sugarbowl' the original poster

===========================
You're welcome...

Okay...somehow I missed that