my storyline is too long to burn on one DVD

Burning onto 2 seperate DVD's in MSWMM

my storyline is too long to burn on one DVD
Hello. I am making a horse training video to sell, and the storyline is
around 3 hours long. I need to burn it on multiple DVD's because I can't
shorten it. How do I go about burning all my storyline on 2 (or even 3 maybe)
DVD'S? I need to get this done ASAP so any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Clevo

Re: my storyline is too long to burn on one DVD

You are going to have to break it up into three logical episodes...

3 hours should fit into 3 DVD's

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
John Inzer

Burning onto 2 seperate DVD's in MSWMM wrote:
> Hello. I am making a horse training video to sell, and the storyline
> is around 3 hours long. I need to burn it on multiple DVD's because I
> can't shorten it. How do I go about burning all my storyline on 2 (or
> even 3 maybe) DVD'S? I need to get this done ASAP so any help will be
> greatly appreciated. Thank you.

=================================
Just a thought....could you publish the project
as DV-AVI...then re-import it and split it into
three one hour segments? Save each one
individually (DV-AVI) and burn them on three
DVDs?

Windows Vista -
Publish a movie in
Windows Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...8cdf21033.mspx

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Burning onto 2 seperate DVD''s in MSWMM

Re: my storyline is too long to burn on one DVD
Thank you for your message. When I publish it as DV-AVI which option is that?
(i.e. publish to your computer, etc...) I have tried splitting it into
shorter segments, and then try burning it to a DVD but it still shows up as 3
hours long, even when it's not....I don't know how to do this, haha.....if
you could give me a little more info I would really appreciate it, thanks so
much!

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Burning onto 2 seperate DVD's in MSWMM wrote:
> > Hello. I am making a horse training video to sell, and the storyline
> > is around 3 hours long. I need to burn it on multiple DVD's because I
> > can't shorten it. How do I go about burning all my storyline on 2 (or
> > even 3 maybe) DVD'S? I need to get this done ASAP so any help will be
> > greatly appreciated. Thank you.

> =================================
> Just a thought....could you publish the project
> as DV-AVI...then re-import it and split it into
> three one hour segments? Save each one
> individually (DV-AVI) and burn them on three
> DVDs?
>
> Windows Vista -
> Publish a movie in
> Windows Movie Maker
> http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
> or...
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...8cdf21033.mspx
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: my storyline is too long to burn on one DVD
Burning onto 2 seperate DVD''s in MSWMM wrote:
> Thank you for your message. When I publish it as DV-AVI which option
> is that? (i.e. publish to your computer, etc...)

============================
Good luck...maybe the following info
will help you get started. Hopefully your
computer resources can handle a
project of this magnitude.

The following article explains how to
Publish your project in the .avi format:

Windows Vista -
Publish a movie in
Windows Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...8cdf21033.mspx

For this first step...use the "To Publish
A Movie To Your Computer" info.
=============================
> I have tried splitting it into shorter segments,
> and then try burning it to a DVD but it still
> shows up as 3 hours long, even when it's not....
> I don't know how to do this, haha.....if you
> could give me a little more info I would really
> appreciate it, thanks so much!

=======================================
Next...re-import the completed .avi file...drag it
to the timeline and split it in appropriate sections...
(drag the Playback Indicator (vertical line) to the
point where you want the split and type...Ctrl+L)
I would think approximately one hour each since
a DVD will hold one hour of high quality video.

The idea is to split the file and delete the unwanted
sections from the timeline...IOW...create the first
one hour split and delete the remainder of the file
from the timeline...now Publish the first one hour
segment the same way you Published the complete
project. Then do the same thing for the second and
third segments...

You may even want to add a title to the beginning
of each segment before publishing.

Now...finally...you should have three individual
..avi movie files that you can use to burn three DVDs.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice