Recording two inputs?

camdenchap

Recording two inputs?
I have windows vista that comes with realtek HD audio manager and I'm trying
to record two inputs at the same time - I.E an microphone plugged into the
front mic jack and an electro-acoustic guitar plugged into the line in at the
back of the computer. They are both detected without any problems by the
realtex audio manager and both record without any problems individually, but
I have to select one or the other as the default device, so cannot get them
recording together. Is there something I'm missing, it doesn't seem to be an
overly complicated thing to do on a powerful new computer - record two input
devies at the same time?

Jeff Richards

Re: Recording two inputs?
You Realtek software should include a stereo mix. This is the device that
you should be recording from. Right-click the speaker icon in the system
tray and choose recording devices. Is the stereo mix listed? If so, check
the properties and make sure it is set correctly. If not, right-click
below the device list and include disabled and/or disconnected devices, and
see if it's listed. If it's disabled, select Properties and enable it.
Otherwise you may need to install updated drivers or do some device
configuring to get it to work.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)