Media player - where is the tools menu?

Yellowshark

Media player - where is the tools menu?
This is stupid, I am an IT guy but I am stuck on this. I need to access the
tools menu on media player but no such thing is there. I have a new laptop
with Vista home premium (never used Vista before). There is no help menu on
Media Player either so I cannot see what version I have but I assume it is
11. Did Dell configure this in some way that has removed all the maintenance
menus? I went to the MS media player Vista site to download the latest
version but the download button says Media Player for XP!!!! I am confused
guys, can some point me in the right direction? Thanks

I am trying to watch a download from the BBC iPlayer site and BBC techies
have suggested I check to ensure that the player is set to play content with
a DRM licence which apparently is set on the tools menu

Brink

Re: Media player - where is the tools menu?

Yellowshark;720469 Wrote:
> This is stupid, I am an IT guy but I am stuck on this. I need to access
> the
> tools menu on media player but no such thing is there. I have a new
> laptop
> with Vista home premium (never used Vista before). There is no help
> menu on
> Media Player either so I cannot see what version I have but I assume it
> is
> 11. Did Dell configure this in some way that has removed all the
> maintenance
> menus? I went to the MS media player Vista site to download the latest
> version but the download button says Media Player for XP!!!! I am
> confused
> guys, can some point me in the right direction? Thanks
>
> I am trying to watch a download from the BBC iPlayer site and BBC
> techies
> have suggested I check to ensure that the player is set to play content
> with
> a DRM licence which apparently is set on the tools menu

Hi Yellowshark,

In WMP, right click on a empty area of the black button toolbar at the
top and click on "Show Classic Menus" to check it. You will then see the
menu bar with the Tools menu option.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--