Portrait photos displaying as Landscape- how to fix all at once?

Mark

Portrait photos displaying as Landscape- how to fix all at once?
I've noticed that all of my photos that are copied from my Canon SD 750
camera are being treated within Vista as Landscape photos, regardless of the
meta data indicating that they are portrait. I have the 'auto rotate'
setting to 'On' on the camera, so the computer should know that the photo
should be portrait, right?

Is there a setting somewhere that will recognize this data and automatically
rotate all of the photos to their correct orientation? I know I can go into
each photo and do it manually, but with thousands of photos, this is not
really worthy of the time it would take.

Maybe windows photo gallery has some bulk adjustment tool or something. I'd
appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
John Inzer

Re: Portrait photos displaying as Landscape- how to fix all at once?
Mark wrote:
> I've noticed that all of my photos that are copied from my Canon SD
> 750 camera are being treated within Vista as Landscape photos,
> regardless of the meta data indicating that they are portrait. I
> have the 'auto rotate' setting to 'On' on the camera, so the computer
> should know that the photo should be portrait, right?
>
> Is there a setting somewhere that will recognize this data and
> automatically rotate all of the photos to their correct orientation?
> I know I can go into each photo and do it manually, but with
> thousands of photos, this is not really worthy of the time it would
> take.
>
> Maybe windows photo gallery has some bulk adjustment tool or
> something. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

=================================
Have you tried multiple selecting the group
you wish to rotate and right click the group...
from the menu choose...Rotate clockwise or
Rotate counterclockwise.

Maybe the following FAQ will offer some ideas:

Why doesn't the Photo Gallery automatically rotate
all of my photos?
http://blogs.msdn.com/pix/pages/faq.aspx#q13

--

John Inzer