Burn video to DVD RW Disc...

klantee

Burn video to DVD RW Disc...
I have copying home made videos to 4.37gig DVD RW discs for some time now,
but when i recently tried to copy a family video of a christening, windows
crashes with the message: Windows encountered a problem and needs to restart.
This m,essage always appears when the burn program is at the: burn to disc
adding data to disc image stage, and when it finally tells you how much time
is left to burn (which is usually around 2 to 5 minutes) the message: Windows
encountered a problem and needs to restart... appears, and windows always
restarts without burning the video files to disc.

Can someone tell me how to fix this? i am running an upgrade version of
vista home premium.
Clevo

Re: Burn video to DVD RW Disc...

There could be 100's of reasons why it's crashing on that particular
file.... it has become corrupted in some way.

Can you confirm that other video files work but this one particular
video will not burn?

Have you tried other formats of DVD like -R

Try also lower the burn speed to x8 or even x4. RW's are a bit more
finiky

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
klantee

Re: Burn video to DVD RW Disc...
I have tried different media discs like, R and DVD discs, but for some reason
i can only use RW's which work sometimes... I have also tried lowering the
speed, even to the lowest, but to no avail. I currently have a vaio so the i
can't see the problem being with the machine, i have also tried to burn
different video files and most of the time i am getting the same problem
recently! Any more idea!?

"Clevo" wrote:

> There could be 100's of reasons why it's crashing on that particular
> file.... it has become corrupted in some way.
>
> Can you confirm that other video files work but this one particular
> video will not burn?
>
> Have you tried other formats of DVD like -R
>
> Try also lower the burn speed to x8 or even x4. RW's are a bit more
> finiky
>

> klantee;719450 Wrote:
> > I have copying home made videos to 4.37gig DVD RW discs for some time
> > now,
> > but when i recently tried to copy a family video of a christening,
> > windows
> > crashes with the message: Windows encountered a problem and needs to
> > restart.
> > This m,essage always appears when the burn program is at the: burn to
> > disc
> > adding data to disc image stage, and when it finally tells you how much
> > time
> > is left to burn (which is usually around 2 to 5 minutes) the message:
> > Windows
> > encountered a problem and needs to restart... appears, and windows
> > always
> > restarts without burning the video files to disc.
> >
> > Can someone tell me how to fix this? i am running an upgrade version of
> > vista home premium.

> --
> Clevo
>
> ___________________________
> Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
> ASUS P5K MB
> Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
> 4GB RAM (DDR2)
> NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
> Realtek HD onboard sound
>
> Helpful links:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Burn video to DVD RW Disc...

What's the crash information for this fault according to the Problem Reports
and Solutions Center control panel's View Problem History? That should be
illuminative.

--
Speaking for myself only.