graphics corrupted

moseyingdave

graphics corrupted
The colors of the windows in Vista have changed to bizarre shades of pink and
neon green. (The choices of colors available under "Appearance Settings" are
limited to various shades of mostly pink, green, and other unusual colors).
This is beyond changing the windows colors or themes, as the Vista or Windows
Classic themes also are corrupted. Any videos I play also are distorted by
weird colors.

To my knowledge I made no changes to my computers settings, installed no new
software, etc. Virus and spyware scans come back negative. I also
reinstalled my video drivers, but it had no effect. Unfortunately, System
Restore isn't working- I only get error messages when I try it.

Any suggestions as to what else I might try to restore my graphics to normal
would be greatly appreciated!

My system info: Windows Home Premium, Intel duo core 6600 @2.4GH, 2GB RAM,
Radeon X1950 Pro 256 MB
John Inzer

Re: graphics corrupted
moseyingdave wrote:
> The colors of the windows in Vista have changed to bizarre shades of
> pink and neon green. (The choices of colors available under
> "Appearance Settings" are limited to various shades of mostly pink,
> green, and other unusual colors). This is beyond changing the windows
> colors or themes, as the Vista or Windows Classic themes also are
> corrupted. Any videos I play also are distorted by weird colors.
>
> To my knowledge I made no changes to my computers settings, installed
> no new software, etc. Virus and spyware scans come back negative. I
> also reinstalled my video drivers, but it had no effect.
> Unfortunately, System Restore isn't working- I only get error
> messages when I try it.
>
> Any suggestions as to what else I might try to restore my graphics to
> normal would be greatly appreciated!
>
> My system info: Windows Home Premium, Intel duo core 6600 @2.4GH,
> 2GB RAM, Radeon X1950 Pro 256 MB

====================================
No guarantees...but maybe the following links
would offer some ideas:

(939395) When you view an image in Windows
Photo Gallery on a Windows Vista-based computer,
the image is yellow
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939395/en-us

Microsoft PhotoBlog Frequently Asked Questions:
http://blogs.msdn.com/pix/pages/faq.aspx#q6
Read: "Q: Why do my photos have an odd color
cast in the Photo Gallery (but look fine in the XP
Picture and Fax Viewer and IE)?"

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

moseyingdave

Re: graphics corrupted

"John Inzer" wrote:

> moseyingdave wrote:
> > The colors of the windows in Vista have changed to bizarre shades of
> > pink and neon green. (The choices of colors available under
> > "Appearance Settings" are limited to various shades of mostly pink,
> > green, and other unusual colors). This is beyond changing the windows
> > colors or themes, as the Vista or Windows Classic themes also are
> > corrupted. Any videos I play also are distorted by weird colors.
> >
> > To my knowledge I made no changes to my computers settings, installed
> > no new software, etc. Virus and spyware scans come back negative. I
> > also reinstalled my video drivers, but it had no effect.
> > Unfortunately, System Restore isn't working- I only get error
> > messages when I try it.
> >
> > Any suggestions as to what else I might try to restore my graphics to
> > normal would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> > My system info: Windows Home Premium, Intel duo core 6600 @2.4GH,
> > 2GB RAM, Radeon X1950 Pro 256 MB

> ====================================
> No guarantees...but maybe the following links
> would offer some ideas:
>
> (939395) When you view an image in Windows
> Photo Gallery on a Windows Vista-based computer,
> the image is yellow
>
> Microsoft PhotoBlog Frequently Asked Questions:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/pix/pages/faq.aspx#q6
> Read: "Q: Why do my photos have an odd color
> cast in the Photo Gallery (but look fine in the XP
> Picture and Fax Viewer and IE)?"
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>

> Thanks for your response. I tried the suggestions; unfortunately, the changes in color management had no effect....

John Inzer

Re: graphics corrupted
moseyingdave wrote:
>> Thanks for your response. I tried the suggestions; unfortunately,
>> the changes in color management had no effect....

==========================
Oh well..it was worth a try...

Maybe your video driver needs an update.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

moseyingdave

Re: graphics corrupted

> Oh well..it was worth a try...
>
> Maybe your video driver needs an update.
>

> --
>
> John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP

Problem solved. Turned out to be a problem with my monitor. Thanks for
taking the time to try and help me out.
John Inzer

Re: graphics corrupted
moseyingdave wrote:
> Problem solved. Turned out to be a problem with my monitor. Thanks
> for taking the time to try and help me out.

=====================
You're welcome.

What was the fix?

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Clevo

Re: graphics corrupted

Come back!

Tell all osf us what fixed it?

moseyingdave;718829 Wrote:
> Problem solved. Turned out to be a problem with my monitor. Thanks for
> taking the time to try and help me out.

--
Clevo

Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1