Vista DVD Maker Problem

Hoggi

Vista DVD Maker Problem
I posted a question on the 5/18/08 and now it has dissapeared. There being no
link to an administrator to ask what has happened I am posting my problem
again.

I have made a video using Vista Movie Maker. When I click on Publish Movie
it takes me to Vista DVD Maker. However 1.3% into decoding it pops up a
message "no such interface supported"

The movie is saved in DVD Maker with the extension .msdvd. There is no other
option available.

In Movie Maker it saves the movie only in one format namely .wmmp (Windows
Movie Maker Projects.

If it needs to have the movie in a .wmv or .avi format how do you achieve
this when the software does not allow you to save the project in formats
other than those mentioned above.

Any assistance will be appreciated.
--
Hogard Gevers
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
John Inzer

Re: Vista DVD Maker Problem
Hoggi wrote:
> I posted a question on the 5/18/08 and now it has dissapeared. There
> being no link to an administrator to ask what has happened I am
> posting my problem again.
>
> I have made a video using Vista Movie Maker. When I click on Publish
> Movie it takes me to Vista DVD Maker. However 1.3% into decoding it
> pops up a message "no such interface supported"
>
> The movie is saved in DVD Maker with the extension .msdvd. There is
> no other option available.
>
> In Movie Maker it saves the movie only in one format namely .wmmp
> (Windows Movie Maker Projects.
>
> If it needs to have the movie in a .wmv or .avi format how do you
> achieve this when the software does not allow you to save the project
> in formats other than those mentioned above.
>
> Any assistance will be appreciated.

================================
(several articles...keep scrolling to see all)

This issue may be caused by incompatible
source files:

File type compatibility with Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/v8tee
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm

Also it may be worth a try to open Movie Maker
and turn off the Video Filters...the following article
explains how:

Windows Vista -
Video filters in Windows Movie Maker:
frequently asked questions
http://tinyurl.com/5ja5cl
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...a495c1033.mspx

The following article explains how to Publish
your movie....this will result in a .wmv or .avi
movie file.

Windows Vista -
Publish a movie in
Windows Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...8cdf21033.mspx

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Hoggi

Re: Vista DVD Maker Problem
Thanks so much for your help John. I have managed to generate my movie in an
..avi and a .wmv mode but still need to burn my DVD.

However before I do so I have another issue which has now arisen and with
which I hope somebody will be able to assist.

When viewing the movie especially in grassland scenes parts of the picture
occasionally appear to swim and blur a little. I have not had this problem
before and clearly I would prefer to address this problem if possible before
finalising my DVD.

I first published it in what appears to be the best possible resolution in
the AVI mode where a 20 minute video takes up around 4.2Gig. When I noticed
the bluring problem and I thought it may relate to the format and so I made
one in the .wmv format. However although the reolution on this format is
nowhere near that of the .avi format at only 1.2GB the picture quality did
not appear visible inferior although the picture is a little smaller. However
this format also still shows the blur/vibration in parts of certain of the
pictures. It is not throughout the movie but in certain particular scenes.

I also tried to publish it in HD format as the next highest resolution but
for some reason it would not complete the process.

I formally used Pinnacle which was excellent quality. In your opinion does
Windows Movie Maker match up to the same quality standard?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks
--

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Hoggi wrote:
> > I posted a question on the 5/18/08 and now it has dissapeared. There
> > being no link to an administrator to ask what has happened I am
> > posting my problem again.
> >
> > I have made a video using Vista Movie Maker. When I click on Publish
> > Movie it takes me to Vista DVD Maker. However 1.3% into decoding it
> > pops up a message "no such interface supported"
> >
> > The movie is saved in DVD Maker with the extension .msdvd. There is
> > no other option available.
> >
> > In Movie Maker it saves the movie only in one format namely .wmmp
> > (Windows Movie Maker Projects.
> >
> > If it needs to have the movie in a .wmv or .avi format how do you
> > achieve this when the software does not allow you to save the project
> > in formats other than those mentioned above.
> >
> > Any assistance will be appreciated.

> ================================
> (several articles...keep scrolling to see all)
>
> This issue may be caused by incompatible
> source files:
>
> File type compatibility with Movie Maker
> http://tinyurl.com/v8tee
> or...
> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm
>
> Also it may be worth a try to open Movie Maker
> and turn off the Video Filters...the following article
> explains how:
>
> Windows Vista -
> Video filters in Windows Movie Maker:
> frequently asked questions
> http://tinyurl.com/5ja5cl
> or...
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...a495c1033.mspx
>
> The following article explains how to Publish
> your movie....this will result in a .wmv or .avi
> movie file.
>
> Windows Vista -
> Publish a movie in
> Windows Movie Maker
> http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
> or...
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...8cdf21033.mspx
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: Vista DVD Maker Problem
Hoggi wrote:
> Thanks so much for your help John. I have managed to generate my
> movie in an .avi and a .wmv mode but still need to burn my DVD.
>
> However before I do so I have another issue which has now arisen and
> with which I hope somebody will be able to assist.
>
> When viewing the movie especially in grassland scenes parts of the
> picture occasionally appear to swim and blur a little. I have not had
> this problem before and clearly I would prefer to address this
> problem if possible before finalising my DVD.
>
> I first published it in what appears to be the best possible
> resolution in the AVI mode where a 20 minute video takes up around
> 4.2Gig. When I noticed the bluring problem and I thought it may
> relate to the format and so I made one in the .wmv format. However
> although the reolution on this format is nowhere near that of the
> .avi format at only 1.2GB the picture quality did not appear visible
> inferior although the picture is a little smaller. However this
> format also still shows the blur/vibration in parts of certain of the
> pictures. It is not throughout the movie but in certain particular
> scenes.
>
> I also tried to publish it in HD format as the next highest
> resolution but for some reason it would not complete the process.
>
> I formally used Pinnacle which was excellent quality. In your opinion
> does Windows Movie Maker match up to the same quality standard?
>
> Your help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

==============================
I could be completely wrong on this but
it sounds like you have an issue with your
monitor...possibly it's a flat panel LCD
which in my opinion don't have the same
quality as Analog monitors.

Personally...I would go ahead and create
the DVD in the hopes that the DVD would
look better once on the TV screen.

Good luck.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Hoggi

Re: Vista DVD Maker Problem
Hi John

I have produced the video and in my opinion it is rather dissapointing. Not
only is the blurring still a problem with the DVD but also in certai parts
the DVD appears to hesitate before continuing.

Any ideas or do I need to have the camera checked out perhaps?

Regards

Hogard
--

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Hoggi wrote:
> > Thanks so much for your help John. I have managed to generate my
> > movie in an .avi and a .wmv mode but still need to burn my DVD.
> >
> > However before I do so I have another issue which has now arisen and
> > with which I hope somebody will be able to assist.
> >
> > When viewing the movie especially in grassland scenes parts of the
> > picture occasionally appear to swim and blur a little. I have not had
> > this problem before and clearly I would prefer to address this
> > problem if possible before finalising my DVD.
> >
> > I first published it in what appears to be the best possible
> > resolution in the AVI mode where a 20 minute video takes up around
> > 4.2Gig. When I noticed the bluring problem and I thought it may
> > relate to the format and so I made one in the .wmv format. However
> > although the reolution on this format is nowhere near that of the
> > .avi format at only 1.2GB the picture quality did not appear visible
> > inferior although the picture is a little smaller. However this
> > format also still shows the blur/vibration in parts of certain of the
> > pictures. It is not throughout the movie but in certain particular
> > scenes.
> >
> > I also tried to publish it in HD format as the next highest
> > resolution but for some reason it would not complete the process.
> >
> > I formally used Pinnacle which was excellent quality. In your opinion
> > does Windows Movie Maker match up to the same quality standard?
> >
> > Your help will be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks

> ==============================
> I could be completely wrong on this but
> it sounds like you have an issue with your
> monitor...possibly it's a flat panel LCD
> which in my opinion don't have the same
> quality as Analog monitors.
>
> Personally...I would go ahead and create
> the DVD in the hopes that the DVD would
> look better once on the TV screen.
>
> Good luck.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: Vista DVD Maker Problem
Hoggi wrote:
> Hi John
>
> I have produced the video and in my opinion it is rather
> dissapointing. Not only is the blurring still a problem with the DVD
> but also in certai parts the DVD appears to hesitate before
> continuing.
>
> Any ideas or do I need to have the camera checked out perhaps?
>
> Regards
>
> Hogard

=======================================
Sorry...but I don't have a definite solution.

There may still be an issue with the source
files and it may be worth a try to use a slower
burn speed when creating the DVD.

Do you see the blurring you describe if you
play the movie clip when you first download it
from the camera?

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Hoggi

Re: Vista DVD Maker Problem
The picture in Movie Maker when looking at your raw material is rather small
and therefore it is difficult to see whether the blur is visible there.

Something I have been wondering about is the following:

1. What is the useful life of a DV film? I have used this particular casette
more than 20 times. Could that start effecting the quality of the recording?
2. I was reading the instructions on the casette and it states that you
should not leave a casette in the camera while is storage. This particular
casette has been left in the camera for several years. Could this effect the
quality as well?

Tks for all your efforts to assist me

Regards

Hoggi
--

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Hoggi wrote:
> > Hi John
> >
> > I have produced the video and in my opinion it is rather
> > dissapointing. Not only is the blurring still a problem with the DVD
> > but also in certai parts the DVD appears to hesitate before
> > continuing.
> >
> > Any ideas or do I need to have the camera checked out perhaps?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Hogard

> =======================================
> Sorry...but I don't have a definite solution.
>
> There may still be an issue with the source
> files and it may be worth a try to use a slower
> burn speed when creating the DVD.
>
> Do you see the blurring you describe if you
> play the movie clip when you first download it
> from the camera?
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: Vista DVD Maker Problem
Hoggi wrote:
> The picture in Movie Maker when looking at your raw material is
> rather small and therefore it is difficult to see whether the blur is
> visible there.

========================
What about...View / Full Screen? Or...
try typing...Alt+Enter...
========================
> Something I have been wondering about is the following:
>
> 1. What is the useful life of a DV film? I have used this particular
> casette more than 20 times. Could that start effecting the quality of
> the recording?
> 2. I was reading the instructions on the casette and it states that
> you should not leave a casette in the camera while is storage. This
> particular casette has been left in the camera for several years.
> Could this effect the quality as well?
>
> Tks for all your efforts to assist me
>
> Regards
>
> Hoggi

========================
Sorry, I have no info on the lifespan of film...
but it does seem reasonable to assume that
repeated use and age would both have a
negative effect on it.

--

John Inzer