remove photo from tag

betty

remove photo from tag
I have duplicate photos on several different tags (only by accident as I
learn how to use the photo gallery) How do I delete only the one photo from
the tags I don't what it under. When I click to delete... it deletes the
photo from all the tags, then I lose that photo. I only want it under one
tag.
I have searched for an answer in these threads...but I only read how to
delete tags not the photos. Hope someone can help...have been trying for
days. I'm thinking its something very simple but I'm just not getting it.
thanks
--
betty
John Inzer

Re: remove photo from tag
betty wrote:
> I have duplicate photos on several different tags (only by accident
> as I learn how to use the photo gallery) How do I delete only the
> one photo from the tags I don't what it under. When I click to
> delete... it deletes the photo from all the tags, then I lose that
> photo. I only want it under one tag.
> I have searched for an answer in these threads...but I only read how
> to delete tags not the photos. Hope someone can help...have been
> trying for days. I'm thinking its something very simple but I'm just
> not getting it. thanks

=====================================
You don't delete the photo...you remove the tag.

Select a picture and you will see the tags in the
right pane...

Right click the unwanted Tag in the right pane
and select...Remove Tag.

Now...you will still have the Tags listed in the left
pane under Tags and you can still use them but
they will no longer be associated with the photo
you removed them from.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

betty

RE: remove photo from tag
thanks for the help.
I would have never figured that out myself.
Have to say, like some other previous posts I am not crazy about windows
photo gallery. It is not user friendly... I like Picasa better.
Thanks anyways,

"betty" wrote:

> I have duplicate photos on several different tags (only by accident as I
> learn how to use the photo gallery) How do I delete only the one photo from
> the tags I don't what it under. When I click to delete... it deletes the
> photo from all the tags, then I lose that photo. I only want it under one
> tag.
> I have searched for an answer in these threads...but I only read how to
> delete tags not the photos. Hope someone can help...have been trying for
> days. I'm thinking its something very simple but I'm just not getting it.
> thanks
> --
> betty

John Inzer

Re: remove photo from tag
betty wrote:
> thanks for the help.
> I would have never figured that out myself.
> Have to say, like some other previous posts I am not crazy about
> windows photo gallery. It is not user friendly... I like Picasa
> better.
> Thanks anyways,

================================
Picasa runs on Vista...if you like it better
there's no reason why you cannot continue
using it and simply ignore Windows Photo
Gallery.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP