DVD Movie maker shutting down

Jamie - UK

DVD Movie maker shutting down
Hi,
Can anyone help. I have been trying to publish a project created in Windows
Movie Maker in Windows DVD Maker. However, each time i add the project in and
click next, windows shuts dvd maker down. The problem and resolutions page
suggests i try disabling lmpgtspl.ax, which i have done to no avail. I can
add in the individual unedited video clips without issue, but not the
finished project. I can publish the project on my computer and burn it onto
DVD that way, but i then lose certain features, such as scenes etc.

The full error message is pasted below - i would really appreciate any help
anyone can give.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DVDMaker.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 479193d1
Fault Module Name: lmpgspl.ax
Fault Module Version: 4.0.0.157
Fault Module Timestamp: 4497e991
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000166a
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 659237268

On Request

Re: DVD Movie maker shutting down
It is likely there is a problem with your source files. Have a look at this
URL to see if your files are among those listed as incompatible:

http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm

"Jamie - UK" <Jamie - UK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Can anyone help. I have been trying to publish a project created in
> Windows
> Movie Maker in Windows DVD Maker. However, each time i add the project in
> and
> click next, windows shuts dvd maker down. The problem and resolutions page
> suggests i try disabling lmpgtspl.ax, which i have done to no avail. I can
> add in the individual unedited video clips without issue, but not the
> finished project. I can publish the project on my computer and burn it
> onto
> DVD that way, but i then lose certain features, such as scenes etc.
>
> The full error message is pasted below - i would really appreciate any
> help
> anyone can give.
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: DVDMaker.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
> Application Timestamp: 479193d1
> Fault Module Name: lmpgspl.ax
> Fault Module Version: 4.0.0.157
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4497e991
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 0000166a
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 2057
> Additional Information 1: fd00
> Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> Additional Information 3: fd00
> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>
> Extra information about the problem
> Bucket ID: 659237268

Jamie - UK

Re: DVD Movie maker shutting down
Thanks very much for your response. I don't think this is the issue, as the
source files import ok into Movie Maker and i can work and edit them
absolutely fine. I can add the unedited source files in DVD Maker without
problems and also i can publish the finished project onto my computer from
Movie Maker (and then into DVD Maker). For some reason, i cannot publish the
project onto DVD via DVD Maker. At the first screen in DVD Maker, you cannot
play/preview the project and if i click next, it shuts down with the
previously stated error.

"On Request" wrote:

> It is likely there is a problem with your source files. Have a look at this
> URL to see if your files are among those listed as incompatible:
>
> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm
>
> "Jamie - UK" <Jamie - UK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Can anyone help. I have been trying to publish a project created in
> > Windows
> > Movie Maker in Windows DVD Maker. However, each time i add the project in
> > and
> > click next, windows shuts dvd maker down. The problem and resolutions page
> > suggests i try disabling lmpgtspl.ax, which i have done to no avail. I can
> > add in the individual unedited video clips without issue, but not the
> > finished project. I can publish the project on my computer and burn it
> > onto
> > DVD that way, but i then lose certain features, such as scenes etc.
> >
> > The full error message is pasted below - i would really appreciate any
> > help
> > anyone can give.
> >
> > Problem signature
> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> > Application Name: DVDMaker.exe
> > Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
> > Application Timestamp: 479193d1
> > Fault Module Name: lmpgspl.ax
> > Fault Module Version: 4.0.0.157
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 4497e991
> > Exception Code: c0000005
> > Exception Offset: 0000166a
> > OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 2057
> > Additional Information 1: fd00
> > Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> > Additional Information 3: fd00
> > Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> >
> > Extra information about the problem
> > Bucket ID: 659237268

Jamie - UK

Re: DVD Movie maker shutting down
PS - the source files are 'AVI' from my DV digital camcorder.

"Jamie - UK" wrote:

> Thanks very much for your response. I don't think this is the issue, as the
> source files import ok into Movie Maker and i can work and edit them
> absolutely fine. I can add the unedited source files in DVD Maker without
> problems and also i can publish the finished project onto my computer from
> Movie Maker (and then into DVD Maker). For some reason, i cannot publish the
> project onto DVD via DVD Maker. At the first screen in DVD Maker, you cannot
> play/preview the project and if i click next, it shuts down with the
> previously stated error.
>
> "On Request" wrote:
>
> > It is likely there is a problem with your source files. Have a look at this
> > URL to see if your files are among those listed as incompatible:
> >
> > http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm
> >
> > "Jamie - UK" <Jamie - UK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > Can anyone help. I have been trying to publish a project created in
> > > Windows
> > > Movie Maker in Windows DVD Maker. However, each time i add the project in
> > > and
> > > click next, windows shuts dvd maker down. The problem and resolutions page
> > > suggests i try disabling lmpgtspl.ax, which i have done to no avail. I can
> > > add in the individual unedited video clips without issue, but not the
> > > finished project. I can publish the project on my computer and burn it
> > > onto
> > > DVD that way, but i then lose certain features, such as scenes etc.
> > >
> > > The full error message is pasted below - i would really appreciate any
> > > help
> > > anyone can give.
> > >
> > > Problem signature
> > > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> > > Application Name: DVDMaker.exe
> > > Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
> > > Application Timestamp: 479193d1
> > > Fault Module Name: lmpgspl.ax
> > > Fault Module Version: 4.0.0.157
> > > Fault Module Timestamp: 4497e991
> > > Exception Code: c0000005
> > > Exception Offset: 0000166a
> > > OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> > > Locale ID: 2057
> > > Additional Information 1: fd00
> > > Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> > > Additional Information 3: fd00
> > > Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> > >
> > > Extra information about the problem
> > > Bucket ID: 659237268

On Request

Re: DVD Movie maker shutting down
A trick that has helped me at times is to go into Movie Maker| Tools|
Options| Compatibility| Uncheck all the filters. Sometimes one of those
filters is a problem. Then, if you need a filter later on, you can go in
and check the one(s) you need. It may be worth a try.

> Thanks very much for your response. I don't think this is the issue, as
> the
> source files import ok into Movie Maker and i can work and edit them
> absolutely fine. I can add the unedited source files in DVD Maker without
> problems and also i can publish the finished project onto my computer from
> Movie Maker (and then into DVD Maker). For some reason, i cannot publish
> the
> project onto DVD via DVD Maker. At the first screen in DVD Maker, you
> cannot
> play/preview the project and if i click next, it shuts down with the
> previously stated error.
>
> "On Request" wrote:
>
>> It is likely there is a problem with your source files. Have a look at
>> this
>> URL to see if your files are among those listed as incompatible:
>>
>> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm
>>
>> "Jamie - UK" <Jamie - UK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > Can anyone help. I have been trying to publish a project created in
>> > Windows
>> > Movie Maker in Windows DVD Maker. However, each time i add the project
>> > in
>> > and
>> > click next, windows shuts dvd maker down. The problem and resolutions
>> > page
>> > suggests i try disabling lmpgtspl.ax, which i have done to no avail. I
>> > can
>> > add in the individual unedited video clips without issue, but not the
>> > finished project. I can publish the project on my computer and burn it
>> > onto
>> > DVD that way, but i then lose certain features, such as scenes etc.
>> >
>> > The full error message is pasted below - i would really appreciate any
>> > help
>> > anyone can give.
>> >
>> > Problem signature
>> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> > Application Name: DVDMaker.exe
>> > Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
>> > Application Timestamp: 479193d1
>> > Fault Module Name: lmpgspl.ax
>> > Fault Module Version: 4.0.0.157
>> > Fault Module Timestamp: 4497e991
>> > Exception Code: c0000005
>> > Exception Offset: 0000166a
>> > OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
>> > Locale ID: 2057
>> > Additional Information 1: fd00
>> > Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>> > Additional Information 3: fd00
>> > Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>> >
>> > Extra information about the problem
>> > Bucket ID: 659237268

Jamie - UK

Re: DVD Movie maker shutting down
Thanks again for your reply. I have already tried that as well - trying each
filter individually and then all together and still no luck. I'm really at a
loss.... !!!