Disc Recognition

kennynd

Disc Recognition
Hello. This is one of those little weird problems. It is somewhat Zune
related, so if this should go on a Zune board, please let me know.

I have three cd's,various artists,created by a friend on a cd recorder from
mostly vinyl sources. Many of the songs don't appear on any commercial album
or at least cd. They are music cdr's. I have copied the discs(songs) onto my
hard drive and from there onto my Zune.

Prior to getting my Zune, Media Player interpreted these discs as unknown
artists and songs since they were not created in Windows.
Now when I play these discs Windows MP thinks these are full albums by one
of the artists on the disc and has renamed all of the songs as if they were
the songs on that particular album.
example- On one the discs there is a cut from the Nuggets series disc 3.
Windows now thinks this disc is Nuggets disc 3 and in the right hand column
in MP lists the titles and artists from that disc instead of " unknown song"
etc.It also pictures the Nuggets artwork even tho' I thought I had removed it
from my computer. The disc of course plays the songs as originally
recorded.(also the renamed songs are not on my Zune as such)

When playing the disc in the Zune player, I edited the album title /artist
to "unknown" and changed the first song title to "unknown"
When I now play in Windows MP, there is no artwork but the album title and
the track 1 name remain unchanged.

In the Zune software and in fact in Explorer all the songs(copied to hd) on
the discs now have the correct info.( edited in properties and in Zune
software )
The newest Zune update has made it easier to fix info. On my Zune all info
seems to be correct.

So..How do I get Windows to read these discs as "unknown artist" and song.?
Thanks for your help.
--
Kenny