New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008

Cal Bear '66

New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008
New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.
Added support for NVIDIA 3-way SLI Technology.
Added support for GeForce 8800 GTS 512 GPU.
Recommended driver for the latest DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL
applications.
Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please refer to the release
documentation for more information on features, driver fixes, and known issues.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66

CORRECTED RELEASE NOTES 9GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008 0
WHQL Certified for Windows Vista

Supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, and 9 series GPUs including these newly released GPUs:
GeForce 9800 GX2
GeForce 9800 GTX
GeForce 9600 GT
GeForce 9600 GSO
GeForce 8300
GeForce 8200/ nForce 730a
GeForce 8100/nForce 720a

Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI™ technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and
OpenGL, including Quad SLI technology with GeForce 9800 GX2 and 3-way SLI
Technology with GeForce 9800 GTX.

Supports Hybrid SLI technology to turbo-charge graphics performance and enjoy
intelligent power management on the following motherboards:
nForce 780a SLI
nForce 750a SLI
nForce 730a
nForce 720a
GeForce 8300
GeForce 8200
GeForce 8100

Supports GeForce Boost, a Hybrid SLI Technology, on the following GPUs:
GeForce 8500 GT
GeForce 8400 GS

Supports HybridPower, a Hybrid SLI Technology, on the following GPUs:
GeForce 9800 GX2
GeForce 9800 GTX

Adds support for NVIDIA GeForce 3D Stereo Technology

Adds new PureVideo HD features for GeForce 9800 GX2, 9800 GTX, 9600 GT and 9600
GSO:
Dynamic Contrast Enhancement
Dynamic Blue, Green & Skin Tone Enhancements
Dual-Stream Decode Acceleration*
Microsoft Vista Aero display mode compatibility for Blu-ray & HD DVD playback*

Added the following pages to the NVIDIA Control Panel:
Manage Custom Resolutions
Adjust Television Color Settings
Adjust Screen Size and Position
Move CRT Position

Improved performance on many DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL applications.
Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes
for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known
compatibility issues.

GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring is available by installing NVIDIA
System Tools software.

* Note: Users will require updated software from third-party movie players to
experience the new Dual-Stream decode acceleration and Aero support for Blu-ray
and HD DVD playback features.

GeForce 9800 GX2
GeForce 9800 GTX
GeForce 9600 GT
GeForce 9600 GSO
GeForce 8800 Ultra
GeForce 8800 GTX
GeForce 8800 GTS 512
GeForce 8800 GTS
GeForce 8800 GT
GeForce 8800 GS
GeForce 8600 GTS
GeForce 8600 GT
GeForce 8600 GS
GeForce 8500 GT
GeForce 8400 GS
GeForce 8400 SE
GeForce 8400
GeForce 8300 GS
GeForce 8300
GeForce 8200
GeForce 8200/NVIDIA nForce 730a
GeForce 8100/NVIDIA nForce 720a
GeForce 7950 GX2
GeForce 7950 GT
GeForce 7900 GTX
GeForce 7900 GT/GTO
GeForce 7900 GS
GeForce 7800 SLI
GeForce 7800 GTX
GeForce 7800 GT
GeForce 7800 GS
GeForce 7650 GS
GeForce 7600 GT
GeForce 7600 GS
GeForce 7600 LE
GeForce 7500 LE
GeForce 7350 LE
GeForce 7300 SE
GeForce 7300 LE
GeForce 7300 GT
GeForce 7300 GS
GeForce 7200 GS
GeForce 7100 GS
GeForce 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i
GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i
GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 620i
GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 630i
GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i
GeForce 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a
GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a
GeForce 6800 XT
GeForce 6800 XE
GeForce 6800 Ultra
GeForce 6800 Series GPU
GeForce 6800 LE
GeForce 6800 GT
GeForce 6800 GS/XT
GeForce 6800 GS
GeForce 6800
GeForce 6700 XL
GeForce 6610 XL
GeForce 6600 VE
GeForce 6600 LE
GeForce 6600 GT
GeForce 6600
GeForce 6500
GeForce 6250
GeForce 6200SE TurboCache™
GeForce 6200 TurboCache™
GeForce 6200 LE
GeForce 6200 A-LE
GeForce 6200
GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
GeForce 6150 LE
GeForce 6150
GeForce 6100 nForce 420
GeForce 6100 nForce 405
GeForce 6100 nForce 400
GeForce 6100

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008:
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

jimrx4

Re: CORRECTED RELEASE NOTES 9GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008 0
I have an interesting development. I have a 9600 GT (nVidia) board so I
d/l'd the driver. I first uninstalled my current video driver(s) from nVidia
and rebooted. I got the black screen just before win/vist/ult booted (you
know, with the crawl at the bottom) and nothing happened! I couldn't get
into my Vista system. Thankfully I had a mirror image that I created this AM
so I redeployed it and repeated the above but I couldn't get Vista to run
(boot to desktop) after uninstalling my current nVidia drivers. I tried to
do this in safe mode but got the same results. Any ideas?

"Cal Bear '66" <x1x1x1@x1x1x1.org> wrote in message
> [...]
> GeForce 6700 XL
> GeForce 6610 XL
> GeForce 6600 VE
> GeForce 6600 LE
> GeForce 6600 GT
> GeForce 6600
> GeForce 6500
> GeForce 6250
> GeForce 6200SE TurboCacheT
> GeForce 6200 TurboCacheT
> GeForce 6200 LE
> GeForce 6200 A-LE
> GeForce 6200
> GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
> GeForce 6150 LE
> GeForce 6150
> GeForce 6100 nForce 420
> GeForce 6100 nForce 405
> GeForce 6100 nForce 400
> GeForce 6100
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

>> New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008:

Curious

Re: CORRECTED RELEASE NOTES 9GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008 0
I suggest that you boot into safe mode and try and install the drivers from
there.
AFAIK you no longer need to uninstall older NVIDIA drivers when installing
new ones. I have not installed any for the last year or twos upgrades.
Following is the link to the full set of release notes which is a lot more
comprehensive then the release highlights contained in Bears post.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...ease_Notes.pdf

"jimrx4" <jimrx4@comcast.net> wrote in message
> [...]
>> GeForce 6700 XL
>> GeForce 6610 XL
>> GeForce 6600 VE
>> GeForce 6600 LE
>> GeForce 6600 GT
>> GeForce 6600
>> GeForce 6500
>> GeForce 6250
>> GeForce 6200SE TurboCacheT
>> GeForce 6200 TurboCacheT
>> GeForce 6200 LE
>> GeForce 6200 A-LE
>> GeForce 6200
>> GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
>> GeForce 6150 LE
>> GeForce 6150
>> GeForce 6100 nForce 420
>> GeForce 6100 nForce 405
>> GeForce 6100 nForce 400
>> GeForce 6100
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>>> New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008:

Colin Barnhorst

Re: CORRECTED RELEASE NOTES 9GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008 0
That is correct. nVidia drivers do not require uninstallation by the user
when updating.

"Curious" <spammenot@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> [...]
>>> playback*
>>>
>>> Added the following pages to the NVIDIA Control Panel:
>>> Manage Custom Resolutions
>>> Adjust Television Color Settings
>>> Adjust Screen Size and Position
>>> Move CRT Position
>>>
>>> Improved performance on many DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL
>>> applications.
>>> Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the
>>> release notes for more information on product support, features, driver
>>> fixes and known compatibility issues.
>>>
>>> GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring is available by installing
>>> NVIDIA System Tools software.
>>>
>>> * Note: Users will require updated software from third-party movie
>>> players to experience the new Dual-Stream decode acceleration and Aero
>>> support for Blu-ray and HD DVD playback features.

Peter

Re: New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008
It's still showing the old December release.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

> New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008:
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
>

> WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.
> Added support for NVIDIA 3-way SLI Technology.
> Added support for GeForce 8800 GTS 512 GPU.
> Recommended driver for the latest DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL
> applications.
> Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please refer to the
> release documentation for more information on features, driver fixes, and
> known issues.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!

Greg R

Re: New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008
Yep, when I look up the driver for Product Series 7 I get the old December
driver, but if you look at series 8 or 9 you get the May 13th driver.

"Peter" <nobody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It's still showing the old December release.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Pro SP3 x 2/Vista Ultimate SP1
> Triple Boot
>
> "Cal Bear '66" <x1x1x1@x1x1x1.org> wrote in message
>> New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008:
>>
>> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
>>

>> WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.
>> Added support for NVIDIA 3-way SLI Technology.
>> Added support for GeForce 8800 GTS 512 GPU.
>> Recommended driver for the latest DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL
>> applications.
>> Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please refer to the
>> release documentation for more information on features, driver fixes, and
>> known issues.
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!

Peter

Re: New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008
Just tried to install and it said not for my system....weird. I def. got
the right version downloaded.
I have 7600GS on Vista x86 so it should be OK. Is it true that we no
longer need to uninstall the old driver?

--

"Greg R" <rogersgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yep, when I look up the driver for Product Series 7 I get the old December
> driver, but if you look at series 8 or 9 you get the May 13th driver.
>
> "Peter" <nobody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> It's still showing the old December release.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> XP Pro SP3 x 2/Vista Ultimate SP1
>> Triple Boot
>>
>> "Cal Bear '66" <x1x1x1@x1x1x1.org> wrote in message
>>> New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008:
>>>
>>> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
>>>

>>> WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.
>>> Added support for NVIDIA 3-way SLI Technology.
>>> Added support for GeForce 8800 GTS 512 GPU.
>>> Recommended driver for the latest DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL
>>> applications.
>>> Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please refer to the
>>> release documentation for more information on features, driver fixes,
>>> and known issues.
>>>

>>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>>> GO BEARS!

Curious

Re: New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008
Then select the option for Beta drivers so you can download the 175.16
drivers for your 7xxx card.
"Greg R" <rogersgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yep, when I look up the driver for Product Series 7 I get the old December
> driver, but if you look at series 8 or 9 you get the May 13th driver.
>
> "Peter" <nobody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> It's still showing the old December release.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> XP Pro SP3 x 2/Vista Ultimate SP1
>> Triple Boot
>>
>> "Cal Bear '66" <x1x1x1@x1x1x1.org> wrote in message
>>> New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008:
>>>
>>> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
>>>

>>> WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.
>>> Added support for NVIDIA 3-way SLI Technology.
>>> Added support for GeForce 8800 GTS 512 GPU.
>>> Recommended driver for the latest DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL
>>> applications.
>>> Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please refer to the
>>> release documentation for more information on features, driver fixes,
>>> and known issues.
>>>

>>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>>> GO BEARS!

Peter

Re: New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008
The new drivers refused to install so had to reinstall 169.25 from December.