Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio

Barryware

Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio
When playing XM radio from within Vista Media Center, I select XM radio from
selection screen, I log in, I see the channel lign up, I select my Xm
channel, and it says it is playing. However, there is no audio.

Everything else that used Video or Audio works correctly within Vista Media
Center and Windows Media Player. Live TV, Recorded TV, CD's DVD's, online
media all play with sound. It is only XM radio from within Media center that
does not have audio.
I don't use the application everyday but I know it did work prior to
installing SP1. I have a new rig (1 month old), and I installed SP1 about 2
weeks ago.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled my sound card drivers and well as found
an update.
I believe there is an association between the XM radio app and the Media
player that may be missing or corrupt.
Can anyone offer any help or suggestions?
Chris

RE: Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio
I'm having the same issue. This is a clean build of Vista Ultimate & SP1, I
have an MSI motherboard with built in audio using the Vista drivers for
Realtek AC97 audio for VIA chipsets. I've tried 2 different driver versions
to no avail. All other audio functions within MCE work with no problems. I
have a paid subscription to XM radio and can use IE and visit the XM Radio
website and use their online player with no problems. I have also added the
XM Radio gadget to the sidebar outside of MCE and XM radio plays fine, so
it's something inside MCE. I can also use Live365 inside MCE and it plays no
problem. I've also removed the sound device via device manager to have Vista
find it again to no avail.

"Barryware" wrote:

> When playing XM radio from within Vista Media Center, I select XM radio from
> selection screen, I log in, I see the channel lign up, I select my Xm
> channel, and it says it is playing. However, there is no audio.
>
> Everything else that used Video or Audio works correctly within Vista Media
> Center and Windows Media Player. Live TV, Recorded TV, CD's DVD's, online
> media all play with sound. It is only XM radio from within Media center that
> does not have audio.
> I don't use the application everyday but I know it did work prior to
> installing SP1. I have a new rig (1 month old), and I installed SP1 about 2
> weeks ago.
> I have uninstalled and reinstalled my sound card drivers and well as found
> an update.
> I believe there is an association between the XM radio app and the Media
> player that may be missing or corrupt.
> Can anyone offer any help or suggestions?

Zaurian

RE: Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio
Anyone have any luck with this yet? I am having the exact same problem.
Vista Media Center sounds work great, I'm streaming audio and video from
other sources, and I can listen to XM Radio through the XMRadio.com website.
But when I log in to XM Radio on Vista Media Center, I get the guide and I
can change channels, but there is no audio.

Are others still having this problem??

"Barryware" wrote:

> When playing XM radio from within Vista Media Center, I select XM radio from
> selection screen, I log in, I see the channel lign up, I select my Xm
> channel, and it says it is playing. However, there is no audio.
>
> Everything else that used Video or Audio works correctly within Vista Media
> Center and Windows Media Player. Live TV, Recorded TV, CD's DVD's, online
> media all play with sound. It is only XM radio from within Media center that
> does not have audio.
> I don't use the application everyday but I know it did work prior to
> installing SP1. I have a new rig (1 month old), and I installed SP1 about 2
> weeks ago.
> I have uninstalled and reinstalled my sound card drivers and well as found
> an update.
> I believe there is an association between the XM radio app and the Media
> player that may be missing or corrupt.
> Can anyone offer any help or suggestions?

letti001

RE: Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio
I have exactly the same problem. Interestingly I used to get XMRadio to play
in Media Center and on my Extender but I needed to re-format and re-install
the OS because of blue screen issues for networking problem (related to vPro
but that is another story). Now with TWO more re-format and re-installs with
and without SP1, I still do not have any music.

I have another machine with Vista Ultimate and it runs XMRadio without a
problem. It seems that there is "something" blocking the intiaition of the
signal. When I click on the channel there is the swirling MC version of the
hour glass and then the music starts. In the computer that does not have
sound, there is nothing at all.

Music and sound card work for everything else in MC.

It seems there is nothing at all to "trouble shoot". It also seems that some
sort of control needs to be installed. When I run the program in IE, it asked
for something to be installed before playing. I suspect it is the same.

Sal

"Zaurian" wrote:

> Anyone have any luck with this yet? I am having the exact same problem.
> Vista Media Center sounds work great, I'm streaming audio and video from
> other sources, and I can listen to XM Radio through the XMRadio.com website.
> But when I log in to XM Radio on Vista Media Center, I get the guide and I
> can change channels, but there is no audio.
>
> Are others still having this problem??
>
> "Barryware" wrote:
>
> > When playing XM radio from within Vista Media Center, I select XM radio from
> > selection screen, I log in, I see the channel lign up, I select my Xm
> > channel, and it says it is playing. However, there is no audio.
> >
> > Everything else that used Video or Audio works correctly within Vista Media
> > Center and Windows Media Player. Live TV, Recorded TV, CD's DVD's, online
> > media all play with sound. It is only XM radio from within Media center that
> > does not have audio.
> > I don't use the application everyday but I know it did work prior to
> > installing SP1. I have a new rig (1 month old), and I installed SP1 about 2
> > weeks ago.
> > I have uninstalled and reinstalled my sound card drivers and well as found
> > an update.
> > I believe there is an association between the XM radio app and the Media
> > player that may be missing or corrupt.
> > Can anyone offer any help or suggestions?

Jeff in Texas

RE: Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio
Just spoke to XM headquarters person who logged on to XM and had the same
problem on her computer. She is escalating this to managament to solve the
problem. I encouraged them to post something on this chat. if they dont, I
will.

"letti001" wrote:

> I have exactly the same problem. Interestingly I used to get XMRadio to play
> in Media Center and on my Extender but I needed to re-format and re-install
> the OS because of blue screen issues for networking problem (related to vPro
> but that is another story). Now with TWO more re-format and re-installs with
> and without SP1, I still do not have any music.
>
> I have another machine with Vista Ultimate and it runs XMRadio without a
> problem. It seems that there is "something" blocking the intiaition of the
> signal. When I click on the channel there is the swirling MC version of the
> hour glass and then the music starts. In the computer that does not have
> sound, there is nothing at all.
>
> Music and sound card work for everything else in MC.
>
> It seems there is nothing at all to "trouble shoot". It also seems that some
> sort of control needs to be installed. When I run the program in IE, it asked
> for something to be installed before playing. I suspect it is the same.
>
> Sal
>
> "Zaurian" wrote:
>
> > Anyone have any luck with this yet? I am having the exact same problem.
> > Vista Media Center sounds work great, I'm streaming audio and video from
> > other sources, and I can listen to XM Radio through the XMRadio.com website.
> > But when I log in to XM Radio on Vista Media Center, I get the guide and I
> > can change channels, but there is no audio.
> >
> > Are others still having this problem??
> >
> > "Barryware" wrote:
> >
> > > When playing XM radio from within Vista Media Center, I select XM radio from
> > > selection screen, I log in, I see the channel lign up, I select my Xm
> > > channel, and it says it is playing. However, there is no audio.
> > >
> > > Everything else that used Video or Audio works correctly within Vista Media
> > > Center and Windows Media Player. Live TV, Recorded TV, CD's DVD's, online
> > > media all play with sound. It is only XM radio from within Media center that
> > > does not have audio.
> > > I don't use the application everyday but I know it did work prior to
> > > installing SP1. I have a new rig (1 month old), and I installed SP1 about 2
> > > weeks ago.
> > > I have uninstalled and reinstalled my sound card drivers and well as found
> > > an update.
> > > I believe there is an association between the XM radio app and the Media
> > > player that may be missing or corrupt.
> > > Can anyone offer any help or suggestions?

Jeff in Texas

RE: Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio
I just spoke to someone at XM headquarters who tried to get onto the XM
player while we were on the phone and encountered the same problem. She is
escalating it to management and thinks the problem is on their end. I
encouraged her to post a solution here or I will.

"letti001" wrote:

> I have exactly the same problem. Interestingly I used to get XMRadio to play
> in Media Center and on my Extender but I needed to re-format and re-install
> the OS because of blue screen issues for networking problem (related to vPro
> but that is another story). Now with TWO more re-format and re-installs with
> and without SP1, I still do not have any music.
>
> I have another machine with Vista Ultimate and it runs XMRadio without a
> problem. It seems that there is "something" blocking the intiaition of the
> signal. When I click on the channel there is the swirling MC version of the
> hour glass and then the music starts. In the computer that does not have
> sound, there is nothing at all.
>
> Music and sound card work for everything else in MC.
>
> It seems there is nothing at all to "trouble shoot". It also seems that some
> sort of control needs to be installed. When I run the program in IE, it asked
> for something to be installed before playing. I suspect it is the same.
>
> Sal
>
> "Zaurian" wrote:
>
> > Anyone have any luck with this yet? I am having the exact same problem.
> > Vista Media Center sounds work great, I'm streaming audio and video from
> > other sources, and I can listen to XM Radio through the XMRadio.com website.
> > But when I log in to XM Radio on Vista Media Center, I get the guide and I
> > can change channels, but there is no audio.
> >
> > Are others still having this problem??
> >
> > "Barryware" wrote:
> >
> > > When playing XM radio from within Vista Media Center, I select XM radio from
> > > selection screen, I log in, I see the channel lign up, I select my Xm
> > > channel, and it says it is playing. However, there is no audio.
> > >
> > > Everything else that used Video or Audio works correctly within Vista Media
> > > Center and Windows Media Player. Live TV, Recorded TV, CD's DVD's, online
> > > media all play with sound. It is only XM radio from within Media center that
> > > does not have audio.
> > > I don't use the application everyday but I know it did work prior to
> > > installing SP1. I have a new rig (1 month old), and I installed SP1 about 2
> > > weeks ago.
> > > I have uninstalled and reinstalled my sound card drivers and well as found
> > > an update.
> > > I believe there is an association between the XM radio app and the Media
> > > player that may be missing or corrupt.
> > > Can anyone offer any help or suggestions?

letti001

RE: Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio
I think this is wonderful work. I have since re-installed my OS three times
and no use. My computer at the office plays it with no problem. It just
seems that the Media Player within Media Center is not getting the
signal/information for the streaming.

Sal

"Jeff in Texas" wrote:

> I just spoke to someone at XM headquarters who tried to get onto the XM
> player while we were on the phone and encountered the same problem. She is
> escalating it to management and thinks the problem is on their end. I
> encouraged her to post a solution here or I will.
>
> "letti001" wrote:
>
> > I have exactly the same problem. Interestingly I used to get XMRadio to play
> > in Media Center and on my Extender but I needed to re-format and re-install
> > the OS because of blue screen issues for networking problem (related to vPro
> > but that is another story). Now with TWO more re-format and re-installs with
> > and without SP1, I still do not have any music.
> >
> > I have another machine with Vista Ultimate and it runs XMRadio without a
> > problem. It seems that there is "something" blocking the intiaition of the
> > signal. When I click on the channel there is the swirling MC version of the
> > hour glass and then the music starts. In the computer that does not have
> > sound, there is nothing at all.
> >
> > Music and sound card work for everything else in MC.
> >
> > It seems there is nothing at all to "trouble shoot". It also seems that some
> > sort of control needs to be installed. When I run the program in IE, it asked
> > for something to be installed before playing. I suspect it is the same.
> >
> > Sal
> >
> > "Zaurian" wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone have any luck with this yet? I am having the exact same problem.
> > > Vista Media Center sounds work great, I'm streaming audio and video from
> > > other sources, and I can listen to XM Radio through the XMRadio.com website.
> > > But when I log in to XM Radio on Vista Media Center, I get the guide and I
> > > can change channels, but there is no audio.
> > >
> > > Are others still having this problem??

letti001

RE: Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio
Below is my responce from XM. Logging into Windows Media Player does nothing
to fix anything. In fact, when I have WMP open and log into XM as teh online
store, it plays fine. Then, when I open up WMC, the player at teh bottom
actually controls the sound coming from WMP. I can stop or mute the WMP sound
from within the WMC window. When I open up XM on the WMC program and then log
into the XM Online site, the program list comes up as usual and then when I
click on the station within WMC there is absolutely nothing. In fact, in
other sites when you get a warning that the current item playing will be
stopped, there is no such warning.

There is really some type of disconnect between teh XM list and the player.

Thank you for contacting XM.

We have received your email and we certainly understand your concerns. We
sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you are facing with listening to XM
Radio online and we are more than happy to assist you with resolving your
issue.

You may try logging on to XM Radio online using Windows Media Player. In
some situations, this is known to resolve timeout and inactivity issues;
allowing you to enjoy hours of uninterrupted streaming.

To logon to XM Radio Online through Windows Media Player, please follow the
steps provided below:

Open "Windows Media Player"
Select "View"
Select "Online Stores"
Select "XM Satellite Radio" from the list of online stores and proceed by
entering your username and password.

"Barryware" wrote:

> When playing XM radio from within Vista Media Center, I select XM radio from
> selection screen, I log in, I see the channel lign up, I select my Xm
> channel, and it says it is playing. However, there is no audio.
>
> Everything else that used Video or Audio works correctly within Vista Media
> Center and Windows Media Player. Live TV, Recorded TV, CD's DVD's, online
> media all play with sound. It is only XM radio from within Media center that
> does not have audio.
> I don't use the application everyday but I know it did work prior to
> installing SP1. I have a new rig (1 month old), and I installed SP1 about 2
> weeks ago.
> I have uninstalled and reinstalled my sound card drivers and well as found
> an update.
> I believe there is an association between the XM radio app and the Media
> player that may be missing or corrupt.
> Can anyone offer any help or suggestions?

letti001

RE: Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio: SOLUTION FOUND
There is a solution over at The Green Button site:

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/261883.aspx

It seems the Adobe Flash Player 9 needs to be removed and reverted to v7.73
with the Active X control

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...4266&sliceId=2

look for flashplayer7r73_winax.exe

Sal

"Barryware" wrote:

> When playing XM radio from within Vista Media Center, I select XM radio from
> selection screen, I log in, I see the channel lign up, I select my Xm
> channel, and it says it is playing. However, there is no audio.
>
> Everything else that used Video or Audio works correctly within Vista Media
> Center and Windows Media Player. Live TV, Recorded TV, CD's DVD's, online
> media all play with sound. It is only XM radio from within Media center that
> does not have audio.
> I don't use the application everyday but I know it did work prior to
> installing SP1. I have a new rig (1 month old), and I installed SP1 about 2
> weeks ago.
> I have uninstalled and reinstalled my sound card drivers and well as found
> an update.
> I believe there is an association between the XM radio app and the Media
> player that may be missing or corrupt.
> Can anyone offer any help or suggestions?

completelyhis

RE: Vista Media Center - Xm Radio - No Audio
any word on this?