Calling John Inzer

jaycee

Calling John Inzer
Vista Ultimate SP1. Since installing SP1 a week ago I can no longer use the
WMP player of many internet radio stations. The different players open OK,
play the regulatory sponsor introductory message but as soon as they get
into connecting and streaming they shut down with a message that IE7 has
stopped working. By itself WMP plays OK all VDO and Audio files on my PC.

I was checking your answer to another WMP11 problem (see below) but
hesitated to type the two lines in "run" since it says that Vista requires a
higher level (?). I looked at the web site given by the link but don't quite
understand what is meant by a "higher level".

Can I type these two lines in my Vista "run" (and hope it fixes the problem)
or not? Or do you have another possible solution for my problem?

I posted my problem on the media player support group but no answer so far.

ColinG wrote:
> This program will not start and I can find no way to correct this...
> anyone any ideas?
> Regards Colin

=====================================
Long shot but the following articles may be useful:

(925704) When you try to use Windows Media
Player 11, the program does not start, or some
UI elements are blank
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925704/en-us

John Inzer

Re: Calling John Inzer
I don't think the article in question applies to your issue.

Maybe the following links will lead to a solution:

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops
working, or restarts

(926449) Internet Explorer 7 does not start or
stops responding
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926449/en-us

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

=======================================

> Vista Ultimate SP1. Since installing SP1 a week ago I can no longer
> use the WMP player of many internet radio stations. The different
> players open OK, play the regulatory sponsor introductory message but
> as soon as they get into connecting and streaming they shut down with
> a message that IE7 has stopped working. By itself WMP plays OK all
> VDO and Audio files on my PC.
> I was checking your answer to another WMP11 problem (see below) but
> hesitated to type the two lines in "run" since it says that Vista
> requires a higher level (?). I looked at the web site given by the
> link but don't quite understand what is meant by a "higher level".
>
> Can I type these two lines in my Vista "run" (and hope it fixes the
> problem) or not? Or do you have another possible solution for my
> problem?
> I posted my problem on the media player support group but no answer
> so far.
> ColinG wrote:
>> This program will not start and I can find no way to correct this...
>> anyone any ideas?
>> Regards Colin

> =====================================
> Long shot but the following articles may be useful:
>
> (925704) When you try to use Windows Media
> Player 11, the program does not start, or some
> UI elements are blank

jaycee

Re: Calling John Inzer
The problem is not with IE7. It is with WMP. I can surf the net using E7
with no more than the occasional crash like everyone else. The problem
specifically occurs when I open an Internet radio web site and open their
WMP player to stream their program in. After the initial installation the
player will close down with the "IE7 has stopped working" message before the
streaming has started.
That's why I thought that your previous link, as it applies to WMP, could be
of use.

I've tried IE7 without any add-ons. Doesn't help and not much works without
them, anyway. And I've restored to the SP1 install date.

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
>I don't think the article in question applies to your issue.
>
> Maybe the following links will lead to a solution:
>
> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops
> working, or restarts
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
>
> (926449) Internet Explorer 7 does not start or
> stops responding

> John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>

> =======================================
>

>> Vista Ultimate SP1. Since installing SP1 a week ago I can no longer
>> use the WMP player of many internet radio stations. The different
>> players open OK, play the regulatory sponsor introductory message but
>> as soon as they get into connecting and streaming they shut down with
>> a message that IE7 has stopped working. By itself WMP plays OK all
>> VDO and Audio files on my PC.
>> I was checking your answer to another WMP11 problem (see below) but
>> hesitated to type the two lines in "run" since it says that Vista
>> requires a higher level (?). I looked at the web site given by the
>> link but don't quite understand what is meant by a "higher level".
>>
>> Can I type these two lines in my Vista "run" (and hope it fixes the
>> problem) or not? Or do you have another possible solution for my
>> problem?
>> I posted my problem on the media player support group but no answer
>> so far.
>> ColinG wrote:
>>> This program will not start and I can find no way to correct this...
>>> anyone any ideas?
>>> Regards Colin

>> =====================================
>> Long shot but the following articles may be useful:
>>
>> (925704) When you try to use Windows Media
>> Player 11, the program does not start, or some
>> UI elements are blank

John Inzer

Re: Calling John Inzer
jaycee wrote:
> The problem is not with IE7. It is with WMP. I can surf the net using
> E7 with no more than the occasional crash like everyone else. The
> problem specifically occurs when I open an Internet radio web site
> and open their WMP player to stream their program in. After the
> initial installation the player will close down with the "IE7 has
> stopped working" message before the streaming has started.
> That's why I thought that your previous link, as it applies to WMP,
> could be of use.
>
> I've tried IE7 without any add-ons. Doesn't help and not much works
> without them, anyway. And I've restored to the SP1 install date.

I don't know the exact answer...maybe it
would help to update JAVA or Adobe
Flash/Shockwave Players.

Maybe the following articles will offer some
ideas and also I'm posting a link for the WMP
newsgroup.

Troubleshooting Windows Media
Player 11 for Windows Vista
http://tinyurl.com/3dg3ar
or...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...eshooting.aspx

Windows Vista -
Troubleshoot problems in
Windows Media Player
http://tinyurl.com/25ys45
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...16d5c1033.mspx

Discussions in Windows Media Player
http://tinyurl.com/3carp
or...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...&lang=en&cr=US

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Calling John Inzer

What is the fault data for this crash according to the Problem Reports and
Solutions Center control panel's View Problem History:
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"jaycee" <jayceexspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The problem is not with IE7. It is with WMP. I can surf the net using E7
> with no more than the occasional crash like everyone else. The problem
> specifically occurs when I open an Internet radio web site and open their
> WMP player to stream their program in. After the initial installation the
> player will close down with the "IE7 has stopped working" message before
> the streaming has started.
> That's why I thought that your previous link, as it applies to WMP, could
> be of use.
>
> I've tried IE7 without any add-ons. Doesn't help and not much works
> without them, anyway. And I've restored to the SP1 install date.
>

> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
>>I don't think the article in question applies to your issue.
>>
>> Maybe the following links will lead to a solution:
>>
>> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops
>> working, or restarts
>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
>>
>> (926449) Internet Explorer 7 does not start or
>> stops responding

>> John Inzer
>> Digital Media MVP
>>
>> Notice
>> This is not tech support
>> I am a volunteer
>>
>> Solutions that work for
>> me may not work for you
>>
>> Proceed at your own risk
>>

>> =======================================
>>

>>> Vista Ultimate SP1. Since installing SP1 a week ago I can no longer
>>> use the WMP player of many internet radio stations. The different
>>> players open OK, play the regulatory sponsor introductory message but
>>> as soon as they get into connecting and streaming they shut down with
>>> a message that IE7 has stopped working. By itself WMP plays OK all
>>> VDO and Audio files on my PC.
>>> I was checking your answer to another WMP11 problem (see below) but
>>> hesitated to type the two lines in "run" since it says that Vista
>>> requires a higher level (?). I looked at the web site given by the
>>> link but don't quite understand what is meant by a "higher level".
>>>
>>> Can I type these two lines in my Vista "run" (and hope it fixes the
>>> problem) or not? Or do you have another possible solution for my
>>> problem?
>>> I posted my problem on the media player support group but no answer
>>> so far.
>>> =====================================
>>> Long shot but the following articles may be useful:
>>>
>>> (925704) When you try to use Windows Media
>>> Player 11, the program does not start, or some
>>> UI elements are blank
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925704/en-us

jaycee

Re: Calling John Inzer
Nothing more enlightening than "Internet explorer/ Stopped
working/time/Report sent". And "No new solution found".

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> What is the fault data for this crash according to the Problem Reports and
> Solutions Center control panel's View Problem History:
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> ?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> rights.
> --
> "jaycee" <jayceexspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> The problem is not with IE7. It is with WMP. I can surf the net using E7
>> with no more than the occasional crash like everyone else. The problem
>> specifically occurs when I open an Internet radio web site and open their
>> WMP player to stream their program in. After the initial installation the
>> player will close down with the "IE7 has stopped working" message before
>> the streaming has started.
>> That's why I thought that your previous link, as it applies to WMP, could
>> be of use.
>>
>> I've tried IE7 without any add-ons. Doesn't help and not much works
>> without them, anyway. And I've restored to the SP1 install date.
>>

>> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
>>>I don't think the article in question applies to your issue.
>>>
>>> Maybe the following links will lead to a solution:
>>>
>>> Internet Explorer stops responding, stops
>>> working, or restarts
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro
>>>
>>> (926449) Internet Explorer 7 does not start or
>>> stops responding
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926449/en-us
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> John Inzer
>>> Digital Media MVP
>>>
>>> Notice
>>> This is not tech support
>>> I am a volunteer
>>>
>>> Solutions that work for
>>> me may not work for you
>>>
>>> Proceed at your own risk
>>>

>>> =======================================

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Calling John Inzer

Click through to the "View Problem History" there - what is the data for
this specific issue? The link I pointed you to has how to dig this
information up if you don't know how.

--
> Nothing more enlightening than "Internet explorer/ Stopped
> working/time/Report sent". And "No new solution found".
>

> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> What is the fault data for this crash according to the Problem Reports
>> and Solutions Center control panel's View Problem History:
>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
>> ?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "jaycee" <jayceexspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> The problem is not with IE7. It is with WMP. I can surf the net using E7
>>> with no more than the occasional crash like everyone else. The problem
>>> specifically occurs when I open an Internet radio web site and open
>>> their WMP player to stream their program in. After the initial
>>> installation the player will close down with the "IE7 has stopped
>>> working" message before the streaming has started.
>>> That's why I thought that your previous link, as it applies to WMP,
>>> could be of use.
>>>
>>> I've tried IE7 without any add-ons. Doesn't help and not much works
>>> without them, anyway. And I've restored to the SP1 install date.

jaycee

Re: Calling John Inzer
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 5/13/2008 11:49:21 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6001.18000, time stamp
0x47918f11, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp
0x4791a7a6, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000b015d, process id
0x58c, application start time 0x01c8b4b4505f45a7.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<EventRecordID>12720</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>HPa6385L</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>iexplore.exe</Data>
<Data>7.0.6001.18000</Data>
<Data>47918f11</Data>
<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
<Data>6.0.6001.18000</Data>
<Data>4791a7a6</Data>
<Data>c0000374</Data>
<Data>000b015d</Data>
<Data>58c</Data>
<Data>01c8b4b4505f45a7</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

> Click through to the "View Problem History" there - what is the data for
> this specific issue? The link I pointed you to has how to dig this
> information up if you don't know how.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> rights.
> --
> "jaycee" <jayceexspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Nothing more enlightening than "Internet explorer/ Stopped
>> working/time/Report sent". And "No new solution found".
>>

>> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> What is the fault data for this crash according to the Problem Reports
>>> and Solutions Center control panel's View Problem History:
>>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
>>> ?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Speaking for myself only.
>>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>>> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Calling John Inzer

That's a pretty generic set of data, unfortunately.

What's a sample URL that causes this failure? Does the player work
correctly? If you open the exact content URL from within the player as
opposed to from within IE, does it then work?

I would strongly suspect that given this general failure area (a failure of
a browser object (yes, this includes the player here!)) it might be easily
possible to resolve this if looking at this as an IE crash. If the player
crashes, that data might be more specific and interesting. Otherwise, I
would suspect that it would likely require the generated DMP crash file in
order to really assess this issue properly. =\

--
> Log Name: Application
> Source: Application Error
> Date: 5/13/2008 11:49:21 AM
> Event ID: 1000
> Task Category: (100)
> Level: Error
> Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6001.18000, time stamp
> 0x47918f11, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp
> 0x4791a7a6, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000b015d, process id
> 0x58c, application start time 0x01c8b4b4505f45a7.
> Event Xml:
> <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
> <System>
> <Provider Name="Application Error" />
> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
> <Level>2</Level>
> <Task>100</Task>
> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-05-13T04:49:21.000Z" />
> <EventRecordID>12720</EventRecordID>
> <Channel>Application</Channel>
> <Computer>HPa6385L</Computer>
> <Security />
> </System>
> <EventData>
> <Data>iexplore.exe</Data>
> <Data>7.0.6001.18000</Data>
> <Data>47918f11</Data>
> <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
> <Data>6.0.6001.18000</Data>
> <Data>4791a7a6</Data>
> <Data>c0000374</Data>
> <Data>000b015d</Data>
> <Data>58c</Data>
> <Data>01c8b4b4505f45a7</Data>
> </EventData>
> </Event>
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Click through to the "View Problem History" there - what is the data for
>> this specific issue? The link I pointed you to has how to dig this
>> information up if you don't know how.
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "jaycee" <jayceexspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Nothing more enlightening than "Internet explorer/ Stopped
>>> working/time/Report sent". And "No new solution found".

jaycee

Re: Calling John Inzer
http://www.kgoam810.com/listenlive.asp

http://www.accuradio.com/latin/

I've gone through all my bookmarked radios. All stations that stream with an
embedded WMP will open the player which will then crash immediately at the
"connecting" stage (with the IE stopped working message).