Video but no sound

pauleric

Video but no sound
I am trying to import video via firewire connection. I'm getting video but no
sound. The control panel settings show "wave out mix" and microphone. How
do I get the sound to import?
Clevo

Re: Video but no sound

pauleric;708977 Wrote:
> I am trying to import video via firewire connection. I'm getting video
> but no
> sound. The control panel settings show "wave out mix" and microphone.
> How
> do I get the sound to import?

Would be easier to answer if I knew what you were importing (capturing)
from.

I'm assuming it's a mini DV type camcorder....as this should be the
only format you need to capture through firewire:

Mini DVD, Hard Drive, hybrids or SD video cameras you simply connect
via USB and transfer (rather than capture) files across to your main PC.
The mini DVD type are a little trickier but the principle is the same

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
pauleric

Re: Video but no sound
Hi,
I'm trying to import from my Canon mini DV. The "sound" from the control
panel shows that the current Jack Information is the Front Panel 3.5mm jack.

"Clevo" wrote:

> pauleric;708977 Wrote:
> > I am trying to import video via firewire connection. I'm getting video
> > but no
> > sound. The control panel settings show "wave out mix" and microphone.
> > How
> > do I get the sound to import?

> Would be easier to answer if I knew what you were importing (capturing)
> from.
>
> I'm assuming it's a mini DV type camcorder....as this should be the
> only format you need to capture through firewire:
>
> Mini DVD, Hard Drive, hybrids or SD video cameras you simply connect
> via USB and transfer (rather than capture) files across to your main PC.
> The mini DVD type are a little trickier but the principle is the same
>

> --
> Clevo
>
> ___________________________
> Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
> ASUS P5K MB
> Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
> 4GB RAM (DDR2)
> NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
> Realtek HD onboard sound
>
> Helpful links:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE

Clevo

Re: Video but no sound

I have a canon miniDV...a now old NV GS180. I like my camera.

What are you using to capture the footage? I have never tried it with
Win Movie Maker but in Ulead Video Studio you can choose to import
DV-AVI as type 1 or Type 2...whihc means audio streamed together with
the video or as a seperate stream. Stick with Type 1 (sound with video)

I suspect this is where you may be going astray.

You don;t need a 3.5mm jack to import sound from camcorder...if you are
trying to do this with a 3.5mm jack I suggest try without.

What software are you trying to capture with?

pauleric;709396 Wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to import from my Canon mini DV. The "sound" from the
> control
> panel shows that the current Jack Information is the Front Panel 3.5mm
> jack.
>
> "Clevo" wrote:
> > > >

> > > pauleric;708977 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Would be easier to answer if I knew what you were importing

> > (capturing)
> > > from.
> > >
> > > I'm assuming it's a mini DV type camcorder....as this should be the
> > > only format you need to capture through firewire:
> > >
> > > Mini DVD, Hard Drive, hybrids or SD video cameras you simply connect
> > > via USB and transfer (rather than capture) files across to your main

> > PC.
> > > The mini DVD type are a little trickier but the principle is the same
> > >

> > > --
> > > Clevo
> > >
> > > ___________________________
> > > Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
> > > ASUS P5K MB
> > > Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
> > > 4GB RAM (DDR2)
> > > NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
> > > Realtek HD onboard sound
> > >
> > > Helpful links:
> > > 'Windows Vista Help: Codecs: frequently asked questions'

> > (http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE)

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
pauleric

Re: Video but no sound
Still trying to import video. used Ulead but with the same result. Video but
no sound. I seem to be missing an input option from the "sounds" on the
control panel. HELP

"Clevo" wrote:

> I have a canon miniDV...a now old NV GS180. I like my camera.
>
> What are you using to capture the footage? I have never tried it with
> Win Movie Maker but in Ulead Video Studio you can choose to import
> DV-AVI as type 1 or Type 2...whihc means audio streamed together with
> the video or as a seperate stream. Stick with Type 1 (sound with video)
>
> I suspect this is where you may be going astray.
>
> You don;t need a 3.5mm jack to import sound from camcorder...if you are
> trying to do this with a 3.5mm jack I suggest try without.
>
> What software are you trying to capture with?
>
> pauleric;709396 Wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm trying to import from my Canon mini DV. The "sound" from the
> > control
> > panel shows that the current Jack Information is the Front Panel 3.5mm
> > jack.

> > > (capturing)

> > > PC.

> > > (http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE)
> > > > > >

> --
> Clevo
>
> ___________________________
> Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
> ASUS P5K MB
> Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
> 4GB RAM (DDR2)
> NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
> Realtek HD onboard sound
>
> Helpful links:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE

Clevo

Re: Video but no sound

Can we confirm sound in general works on your pc

and that you are using firewire to capture from your mini dv?

Is it possible you didn;t record any sound? Like when you playback on
your camcorder can you hear sound from that?

--
Clevo