Photo Gallery won't print photos

magaparsec

Photo Gallery won't print photos
I am running Windows Vista Home Edition and have an HP Photosmart 2610
all-in-one. I am trying to print photos from Photo Gallery, but when I click
"Print", it appears that the photo runs through the print spool (shows up in
the queue) but nothing happens on the printer. I have uninstalled and
re-installed the printer, and can print from other programs and get a test
page. There appears to be no problem and I don't get an error message... I
tried rebooting, unsharing, re-sharing, and even imported the picture to a
Word document (I managed to print 1) however, when I went to print the second
picture in Word using the same procedure, the same thing happened as in Photo
Gallery where it appeared to spool and hit the print queue, but the printer
didn't do anything...
Rei76

RE: Photo Gallery won't print photos
I'm having the same problem. I'm using a HP psc 2110 all-in-one and it shoots
out a blank paper instead of printing pictures. It does it from MS Word and
my Photo Gallery. I can't believe no one knows how to fix this...
I'm buying a Mac next time.

"magaparsec" wrote:

> I am running Windows Vista Home Edition and have an HP Photosmart 2610
> all-in-one. I am trying to print photos from Photo Gallery, but when I click
> "Print", it appears that the photo runs through the print spool (shows up in
> the queue) but nothing happens on the printer. I have uninstalled and
> re-installed the printer, and can print from other programs and get a test
> page. There appears to be no problem and I don't get an error message... I
> tried rebooting, unsharing, re-sharing, and even imported the picture to a
> Word document (I managed to print 1) however, when I went to print the second
> picture in Word using the same procedure, the same thing happened as in Photo
> Gallery where it appeared to spool and hit the print queue, but the printer
> didn't do anything...

fabiete is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Photo printing on HP Photosmart 2610 under Vista
Same problem here, I own two HP 2610s but it applies to any photo printing out of any application (Photoshop, MS photogallery, etc.): it seems to be limited to the moment printing on photo paper is selected. I have managed to print photos on A4 plain paper but never on photo paper of any type. I am not quite sure on whether anything at all makes it to the print queue, I have not seen anything popping up there but I may not have been quick enough. I have spent days corresponding with HP's support services but after a few dozens e-mails the problem remains. Please check whether you can print on standard paper. If you get the problem on photo paper only, like me, then chances are that the HP driver dies not work or it is not compatible (listen listen) with Vista......

Gremi is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Photo Gallery won't print photos
I also have the HP 2610 all-in-one and am using Vista Home Premium and cannot print pictures from any application (including those listed from other users, as well as Picasa). I talked to techs at a local repair shop who told me there was some imcompatibility and that I should reinstall the entire operating system, which I did (and what a pain!). I still cannot print pictures from my PC. Is there any fix for this, short of buying a new printer?

fabiete is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Photo Gallery won't print photos
Hi!
I have written to HP and their solution was to install the drivers of a different printer (the 9xx inkjet series) following a pretty complicated procedure.
Since it is my parents' printer and computer and I had already left by the time I had got the answer I have not tried the tip yet.
Have you written to HP support? If you do and manage to get the printer working please remember to post the exact procedure.
Robert Zehr

Photo Gallery won't print photos
A friend called me last evening with the same problem. we solved it by downloading Irfanview
http://www.irfanview.com
After associating image files with this program, everything works fine. apparently there is a compatability issue with some older printers. rather than buy a new printer, try using the really good FREE software from Irfanview.
sbp sbp is offline

sbp is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Photo Gallery won't print photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Zehr View Post
A friend called me last evening with the same problem. we solved it by downloading Irfanview
IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
After associating image files with this program, everything works fine. apparently there is a compatability issue with some older printers. rather than buy a new printer, try using the really good FREE software from Irfanview.
I tried this, on both my desktop running VISTA Business and my laptop running VISTA home premium: no joy at all. Depending on the software I'm using to command a print of a photo, I still either get the printer showing 1 item in the print queue for a few seconds and then this reverts to zero, or I don't even get the 1 item in the queue at all. My 2610 is set as a network device.

I also tried a successful solution that I saw on www.vista64.com, which was to run services.msc, double click on HP Network Devices Support, set startup type to disable & click on "stop". Then set the 2610 to a static IP [my was already], delete the 2610 as a printer and then re-install via "add new printer". This did not work either!

Any more ideas?

Masonicboomerang is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Photo Gallery won't print photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbp View Post
I tried this, on both my desktop running VISTA Business and my laptop running VISTA home premium: no joy at all. Depending on the software I'm using to command a print of a photo, I still either get the printer showing 1 item in the print queue for a few seconds and then this reverts to zero, or I don't even get the 1 item in the queue at all. My 2610 is set as a network device.

I also tried a successful solution that I saw on www.vista64.com, which was to run services.msc, double click on HP Network Devices Support, set startup type to disable & click on "stop". Then set the 2610 to a static IP [my was already], delete the 2610 as a printer and then re-install via "add new printer". This did not work either!

Any more ideas?
I have the same problem it seems. Windows Photo Gallery will not print !!
I installed the Irfanview and it will not print either. All I can print is webpages and test pages, no photo's. I just bought a new printer too. It is a used HP Photosmart 7350. The printer before wouldn't work either and we have been through about 5 printers now. I can't beleive no one knows how to fix this!

Update: It is now printing using the irfanview !! Thanks !!

Last edited by Masonicboomerang : 01-19-2011 at 13:54. Reason: works now