Photo Gallery Distorted

Mattymoo

Photo Gallery Distorted
I posted a query the other day as my photo gallery is distorting photos when
I zoom on them. I haven't had any responses yet, but it is now happening
when I scroll through photos. It's like all the pixels are getting jumbled
up.

Any ideas how I can fix it please?

thanks
Clevo

Re: Photo Gallery Distorted

Mattymoo;706468 Wrote:
> I posted a query the other day as my photo gallery is distorting photos
> when
> I zoom on them. I haven't had any responses yet, but it is now
> happening
> when I scroll through photos. It's like all the pixels are getting
> jumbled
> up.
>
> Any ideas how I can fix it please?
>
> thanks

Rather strange!

Does this happen only with pictures?

What sort of pictures are they?

What are the specs of your PC?

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
Mattymoo

Re: Photo Gallery Distorted
I'm not a tecchie so apologies if i don't give relevant information. They
are all Jpeg pictures downloaded from my camera. I'm using a new laptop that
I bought in the USA last week (I'm from the UK). It's a HP Pavilion
Tx2115nr. I upgraded from Vista Business to Ultimate but had to do a clean
install which deleted the nvidia drivers which i reinstalled from the HP
website. Would that have anything to do with it?

Also I've just tested a couple of video clips - my .mov movies won't play -
the screen is just green with occasional flashes of the movie, but my .mod
files play ok.

Help!

"Clevo" wrote:

> Mattymoo;706468 Wrote:
> > I posted a query the other day as my photo gallery is distorting photos
> > when
> > I zoom on them. I haven't had any responses yet, but it is now
> > happening
> > when I scroll through photos. It's like all the pixels are getting
> > jumbled
> > up.
> >
> > Any ideas how I can fix it please?
> >
> > thanks

> Rather strange!
>
> Does this happen only with pictures?
>
> What sort of pictures are they?
>
> What are the specs of your PC?
>

> --
> Clevo
>
> ___________________________
> Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
> ASUS P5K MB
> Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
> 4GB RAM (DDR2)
> NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
> Realtek HD onboard sound
>
> Helpful links:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE

Clevo

Re: Photo Gallery Distorted

To fix your .mov files I believe you just need to install the latest
quicktime player (free)

The Nvidia drivers shouldn;t affect your jpegs but it's possible, if
your camera went through a couple of xray machines at the airports, to
become corrupted in some way. (might need to verify this myself)

What you can try to do is open them up with a photo editing software
save them as bitmaps (BMP) then convert them again to jpegs (or leave
them as BMPs) and see if that fixes them up.

Mattymoo;707198 Wrote:
> I'm not a tecchie so apologies if i don't give relevant information.
> They
> are all Jpeg pictures downloaded from my camera. I'm using a new laptop
> that
> I bought in the USA last week (I'm from the UK). It's a HP Pavilion
> Tx2115nr. I upgraded from Vista Business to Ultimate but had to do a
> clean
> install which deleted the nvidia drivers which i reinstalled from the
> HP
> website. Would that have anything to do with it?
>
> Also I've just tested a couple of video clips - my .mov movies won't
> play -
> the screen is just green with occasional flashes of the movie, but my
> .mod
> files play ok.
>
> Help!
>
> "Clevo" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Mattymoo;706468 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Rather strange!
> > >
> > > Does this happen only with pictures?
> > >
> > > What sort of pictures are they?
> > >
> > > What are the specs of your PC?
> > >

> > > --
> > > Clevo
> > >
> > > ___________________________
> > > Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
> > > ASUS P5K MB
> > > Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
> > > 4GB RAM (DDR2)
> > > NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
> > > Realtek HD onboard sound
> > >
> > > Helpful links:
> > > 'Windows Vista Help: Codecs: frequently asked questions'

> > (http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE)

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
Janet Voyles

Windows Photo Gallery problems
Hi - Did you ever resolve your problem with your distorted pictures and problems with your video clips? I'm having the exact same problem and I also have an HP Pavilion that is fairly new. Is the problem the computer or Windows Photo Gallery? HELP!