Vista Media Server

WindyGeorge

Vista Media Server
PLayerHi All:

I just insalled a DLink DSM-320 wireless media player. The Vista Media
Player is able to pass data to the DSM-320 just fine. I dicsovered that the
system will not sleep when the Vista Media Sharing service is running. Since
my system is always on and has some scheduled tasks to perform I usually
leave it in sleep mode. I would like the flexibility of being able to use
the Vista Media Player from time to time but I cannot bring myself to give up
sleep mode.

Is there a way around the Media Sharing sleep mode dilema??

Thanks.

George
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Vista Media Server

In the Advanced Power Options in the Power Options control panel there are
settings for Multimedia settings:When sharing media , which sounds like what
you want to tweak.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"WindyGeorge" <WindyGeorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> PLayerHi All:
>
> I just insalled a DLink DSM-320 wireless media player. The Vista Media
> Player is able to pass data to the DSM-320 just fine. I dicsovered that
> the
> system will not sleep when the Vista Media Sharing service is running.
> Since
> my system is always on and has some scheduled tasks to perform I usually
> leave it in sleep mode. I would like the flexibility of being able to use
> the Vista Media Player from time to time but I cannot bring myself to give
> up
> sleep mode.
>
> Is there a way around the Media Sharing sleep mode dilema??
>
> Thanks.
>
> George

WindyGeorge

Re: Vista Media Server

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> In the Advanced Power Options in the Power Options control panel there are
> settings for Multimedia settings:When sharing media , which sounds like what
> you want to tweak.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "WindyGeorge" <WindyGeorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > PLayerHi All:
> >
> > I just insalled a DLink DSM-320 wireless media player. The Vista Media
> > Player is able to pass data to the DSM-320 just fine. I dicsovered that
> > the
> > system will not sleep when the Vista Media Sharing service is running.
> > Since
> > my system is always on and has some scheduled tasks to perform I usually
> > leave it in sleep mode. I would like the flexibility of being able to use
> > the Vista Media Player from time to time but I cannot bring myself to give
> > up
> > sleep mode.
> >
> > Is there a way around the Media Sharing sleep mode dilema??
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > George

WOW! Thank you Zachd. That link has a great deal of information and your
reminder about the Power settings was just what I needed. Again, my thanks
for this very useful information.

George