Problem viewing online videos.....

Cass

Problem viewing online videos.....
Hi folks.
I've only just recently got set up with Vista (Home Basic), and, until this
last week, haven't had any problems viewing the content offered by YouTube,
plus other online video sites. (No, NOT ****!) )

Anyway, for some reason, over the last week or so, I'm having problems
viewing the videos, due to what looks like a lot of buffering. They take
ages to load, and then every few seconds, they freeze for a while, before
carrying on. A few seconds later, the very same thing happens, so I've just
given up on viewing anything at all, as it's driving me mad.

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? If so, is there anything
that can be done to get things back on track?

Grateful thanks in advance.
Cass

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Problem viewing online videos.....

Do you have problems playing back local content or just streaming content?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Cass" <ptwtremic@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi folks.
> I've only just recently got set up with Vista (Home Basic), and, until
> this last week, haven't had any problems viewing the content offered by
> YouTube, plus other online video sites. (No, NOT ****!) )
>
> Anyway, for some reason, over the last week or so, I'm having problems
> viewing the videos, due to what looks like a lot of buffering. They
> take ages to load, and then every few seconds, they freeze for a while,
> before carrying on. A few seconds later, the very same thing happens, so
> I've just given up on viewing anything at all, as it's driving me mad.
>
> Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? If so, is there anything
> that can be done to get things back on track?
>
> Grateful thanks in advance.
> Cass

cch

RE: Problem viewing online videos.....
I am having the same exact problem. It is driving me nuts!!! Have you had
any luck fixing it?

"Cass" wrote:

> Hi folks.
> I've only just recently got set up with Vista (Home Basic), and, until this
> last week, haven't had any problems viewing the content offered by YouTube,
> plus other online video sites. (No, NOT ****!) )
>
> Anyway, for some reason, over the last week or so, I'm having problems
> viewing the videos, due to what looks like a lot of buffering. They take
> ages to load, and then every few seconds, they freeze for a while, before
> carrying on. A few seconds later, the very same thing happens, so I've just
> given up on viewing anything at all, as it's driving me mad.
>
> Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? If so, is there anything
> that can be done to get things back on track?
>
> Grateful thanks in advance.
> Cass

John Inzer

cch wrote:
> I am having the same exact problem. It is driving me nuts!!! Have
> you had any luck fixing it?

==============
Are you on a dialup connection?

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Cass

Re: Problem viewing online videos.....
Hi folks and thanks for your replies.

The problem I described has now disappeared! Can you dig that?
Unbelievable! It's not as though I did anything to try and resolve the
situation, because I just didn't have any idea HOW to!
After a few days of trying YouTube out with the same results, it suddenly
started working properly again, and I've had no problems since.
Whilst I'm glad it's working again, I wish I knew WHY it's working again in
case it happens again.
Thanks again for your responses.
Cheers
Cass