JPEG Compression in resize in Vista photo viewer

Just FYI

Re: JPEG Compression in resize in Vista photo viewer
I don't recall ever seeing a resizer built into Windows. There's Photo
Gallery. And there's the little Paint applet. If you're talking about one of
those, then there's no way to control compression. You have to use a "real"
graphics program or some other third-party thing to get that level of
control.

"mc" <mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to resize some pictures with the resizer that's part of Windows
> Vista but how do I control quality ? I can control the size by not the
> quality/compression.
>
> I don't see why I should use other apps to do that if is part of the
> system
> - I know, I can use the freeware irfanview but why Vista shouldn't provide
> the very same features especially since there is something in place to
> resize
> pictures already.

=?Utf-8?B?bWM=?=

Re: JPEG Compression in resize in Vista photo viewer
In Vista if you view a picture you can edit it ( crop, adjust brightnes, etc
). Once you do that the image from 4Mb (10mp) is reduced under 1Mb.

Then if you right click on an image and choose sent to> email a box will
come up asking you the size you want. The result of operation will result in
poor quality images. I expected to see a "quality" control. There is none...

Any advice how can I control the quality in the above cases ?