Vista and .TIF files

Clark

Vista and .TIF files
I have a friend running Vista who says he cannot open .TIF files. I am
not sure if he is running the Business edition, but could someone tell
me what utility that ships with Vista could be used to view the files?
I know in XP you could even use Paint, but I don't know what utilities
come with Vista. If there is such a utility, is it in both the Vista
Home and Business editions?

This situation has been discovered recently, and I don't know if it has
ever worked, just in case SP1 might be involved. I don't even know if
he has that update.

Thanks,
Clark
Bob

Re: Vista and .TIF files
Paint or Windows Photo Gallery.

"Clark" <who@whoknows.com> wrote in message
>I have a friend running Vista who says he cannot open .TIF files. I am not
>sure if he is running the Business edition, but could someone tell me what
>utility that ships with Vista could be used to view the files? I know in XP
>you could even use Paint, but I don't know what utilities come with Vista.
>If there is such a utility, is it in both the Vista Home and Business
>editions?
>
> This situation has been discovered recently, and I don't know if it has
> ever worked, just in case SP1 might be involved. I don't even know if he
> has that update.
>
> Thanks,
> Clark

Clark

Re: Vista and .TIF files
Bob wrote:
> Paint or Windows Photo Gallery.
>
> "Clark" <who@whoknows.com> wrote in message
>> I have a friend running Vista who says he cannot open .TIF files. I
>> am not sure if he is running the Business edition, but could someone
>> tell me what utility that ships with Vista could be used to view the
>> files? I know in XP you could even use Paint, but I don't know what
>> utilities come with Vista. If there is such a utility, is it in both
>> the Vista Home and Business editions?
>>
>> This situation has been discovered recently, and I don't know if it
>> has ever worked, just in case SP1 might be involved. I don't even
>> know if he has that update.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Clark

OK, thanks.

Clark
Bob

Re: Vista and .TIF files
YW

> Bob wrote:
>> Paint or Windows Photo Gallery.
>>
>> "Clark" <who@whoknows.com> wrote in message
>>> I have a friend running Vista who says he cannot open .TIF files. I am
>>> not sure if he is running the Business edition, but could someone tell
>>> me what utility that ships with Vista could be used to view the files? I
>>> know in XP you could even use Paint, but I don't know what utilities
>>> come with Vista. If there is such a utility, is it in both the Vista
>>> Home and Business editions?
>>>
>>> This situation has been discovered recently, and I don't know if it has
>>> ever worked, just in case SP1 might be involved. I don't even know if
>>> he has that update.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Clark

> OK, thanks.
>
> Clark

Gary Mount

Re: Vista and .TIF files
Windows Fax and Scan. I think it comes with Business version. Its in
Ultimate.

"Clark" <who@whoknows.com> wrote in message
> I have a friend running Vista who says he cannot open .TIF files. I am
> not sure if he is running the Business edition, but could someone tell me
> what utility that ships with Vista could be used to view the files? I know
> in XP you could even use Paint, but I don't know what utilities come with
> Vista. If there is such a utility, is it in both the Vista Home and
> Business editions?
>
> This situation has been discovered recently, and I don't know if it has
> ever worked, just in case SP1 might be involved. I don't even know if he
> has that update.
>
> Thanks,
> Clark

Clark

Re: Vista and .TIF files
Gary Mount wrote:
> Windows Fax and Scan. I think it comes with Business version. Its in
> Ultimate.

OK, I'll pass that along.

Thanks,
Clark