DVD Maker Sits at 0% for hours - Decoding

GW

DVD Maker Sits at 0% for hours - Decoding
After a few hours, I killed it. No errors, but no movement. Seems like a
waste. I was only testing the conversion of an 8mg .AVI file. Is this app
supposed to suck? I am just sick of Vista today.
Clevo

Re: DVD Maker Sits at 0% for hours - Decoding

GW;682831 Wrote:
> After a few hours, I killed it. No errors, but no movement. Seems like a
> waste. I was only testing the conversion of an 8mg .AVI file. Is this
> app
> supposed to suck? I am just sick of Vista today.

AVI is a "wrapper" extension meaning it could be a very compressed
video with some un-common compression codec.

You'll need to work out the codec used. Perhaps the video properties
will tell you (right click).

I take it you meant 8mb which seems very small for a normal AVI
file...perhaps you meant 8 gig. I dunno.

Where did you get the video from?

--
Clevo
GW

Re: DVD Maker Sits at 0% for hours - Decoding
Hi Clevo, my two year old Casio 5 megapix camera is where I am taking the
videos.

?

"Clevo" wrote:

> GW;682831 Wrote:
> > After a few hours, I killed it. No errors, but no movement. Seems like a
> > waste. I was only testing the conversion of an 8mg .AVI file. Is this
> > app
> > supposed to suck? I am just sick of Vista today.

> AVI is a "wrapper" extension meaning it could be a very compressed
> video with some un-common compression codec.
>
> You'll need to work out the codec used. Perhaps the video properties
> will tell you (right click).
>
> I take it you meant 8mb which seems very small for a normal AVI
> file...perhaps you meant 8 gig. I dunno.
>
> Where did you get the video from?
>

> --
> Clevo

RJB

Re: DVD Maker Sits at 0% for hours - Decoding
Try a .MPG file and see what it does.

I really like the DVD Maker myself because of the Menus it has to select
from.

If you still have a problem then it would sound like your computer is
lacking in the CPU and Memory power it needs..

--
RJB

"GW" <GW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Clevo, my two year old Casio 5 megapix camera is where I am taking the
> videos.
>
> ?
>
> "Clevo" wrote:
>

>> GW;682831 Wrote:
>> > After a few hours, I killed it. No errors, but no movement. Seems like
>> > waste. I was only testing the conversion of an 8mg .AVI file. Is this
>> > app
>> > supposed to suck? I am just sick of Vista today.

>> AVI is a "wrapper" extension meaning it could be a very compressed
>> video with some un-common compression codec.
>>
>> You'll need to work out the codec used. Perhaps the video properties
>> will tell you (right click).
>>
>> I take it you meant 8mb which seems very small for a normal AVI
>> file...perhaps you meant 8 gig. I dunno.
>>
>> Where did you get the video from?
>>

>> --
>> Clevo

GW

Re: DVD Maker Sits at 0% for hours - Decoding
Thanks RJB. My computer is a brand new Dell Dual Core, with 4 gigs ram.
This is not the issue.

Anyone else?

"RJB" wrote:

> Try a .MPG file and see what it does.
>
> I really like the DVD Maker myself because of the Menus it has to select
> from.
>
> If you still have a problem then it would sound like your computer is
> lacking in the CPU and Memory power it needs..
>
> --
> RJB
>

> "GW" <GW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Clevo, my two year old Casio 5 megapix camera is where I am taking the
> > videos.
> >
> > ?

> >> AVI is a "wrapper" extension meaning it could be a very compressed
> >> video with some un-common compression codec.
> >>
> >> You'll need to work out the codec used. Perhaps the video properties
> >> will tell you (right click).
> >>
> >> I take it you meant 8mb which seems very small for a normal AVI
> >> file...perhaps you meant 8 gig. I dunno.
> >>
> >> Where did you get the video from?
> >>

> >> --
> >> Clevo

bbqking27

Re: DVD Maker Sits at 0% for hours - Decoding
i am having very similar problems i have a new dell quad core with 4 mb ram
and i finally created the movie i want to burn on windows dvd maker and now
it just stays at 0% and i cant figure out how to bypass that program to try
it on dvd shrink 3.2 or nero 8 either. i just want to burn my movie i created
.. does anyone know what to do? i have never made a movie ,but i have burned
several hundred back ups of real dvds with my burners

"GW" wrote:

> Thanks RJB. My computer is a brand new Dell Dual Core, with 4 gigs ram.
> This is not the issue.
>
> Anyone else?
>

> "RJB" wrote:
>
> > Try a .MPG file and see what it does.
> >
> > I really like the DVD Maker myself because of the Menus it has to select
> > from.
> >
> > If you still have a problem then it would sound like your computer is
> > lacking in the CPU and Memory power it needs..
> >
> > --
> > RJB
> >

> > "GW" <GW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Clevo, my two year old Casio 5 megapix camera is where I am taking the
> > > videos.
> > >
> > > ?

GW

Re: DVD Maker Sits at 0% for hours - Decoding
I converted one .AVI file to MPEG2 and I got DVD Maker to work. Then, I
converted 20, short AVI files to MPEG2 and tried DVD Maker, and it locks up
and just shuts down. What a piece of crap.

"bbqking27" wrote:

> i am having very similar problems i have a new dell quad core with 4 mb ram
> and i finally created the movie i want to burn on windows dvd maker and now
> it just stays at 0% and i cant figure out how to bypass that program to try
> it on dvd shrink 3.2 or nero 8 either. i just want to burn my movie i created
> . does anyone know what to do? i have never made a movie ,but i have burned
> several hundred back ups of real dvds with my burners
>
> "GW" wrote:
>
> > Thanks RJB. My computer is a brand new Dell Dual Core, with 4 gigs ram.
> > This is not the issue.
> >
> > Anyone else?
> >

> > "RJB" wrote:
> >
> > > Try a .MPG file and see what it does.
> > >
> > > I really like the DVD Maker myself because of the Menus it has to select
> > > from.
> > >
> > > If you still have a problem then it would sound like your computer is
> > > lacking in the CPU and Memory power it needs..
> > >
> > > --
> > > RJB

RJB

Re: DVD Maker Sits at 0% for hours - Decoding
You need to have one movie for DVD Maker, you can not have more than one..

..MPG is what I have burned and works great here..

In using Nero, what are you opening DVD Maker up for, you do not need to.

Just open Nero StartSmart and select the Nero Vision, add your Movie Files
and then set up the Menus. You have 2D and 3D menus that you can set up if
you look thru the program carefully.

On Nero v8 you can add all the programs to StartSmart that you want by the
lower right button "Add/Remove"..

--

>I converted one .AVI file to MPEG2 and I got DVD Maker to work. Then, I
> converted 20, short AVI files to MPEG2 and tried DVD Maker, and it locks
> up
> and just shuts down. What a piece of crap.

> "bbqking27" wrote:
>
>> i am having very similar problems i have a new dell quad core with 4 mb
>> ram
>> and i finally created the movie i want to burn on windows dvd maker and
>> now
>> it just stays at 0% and i cant figure out how to bypass that program to
>> try
>> it on dvd shrink 3.2 or nero 8 either. i just want to burn my movie i
>> created
>> . does anyone know what to do? i have never made a movie ,but i have
>> burned
>> several hundred back ups of real dvds with my burners
>>
>> "GW" wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks RJB. My computer is a brand new Dell Dual Core, with 4 gigs
>> > ram.
>> > This is not the issue.
>> >
>> > Anyone else?

GW

Re: DVD Maker Sits at 0% for hours - Decoding
No, you are supposed to be able to add 99 files as long as they total less
than 150 minutes.