Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Having trouble importing pics from my camera

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2008
Nikster
 

Posts: n/a
Having trouble importing pics from my camera
I am having trouble when I import pictures from my camera. When importing;
my pictures use to import most recently taken pics. Now when I import All
the pictures on my camera are being imported so I have to delete old ones.
I'm not sure why my import has changed, but it is frusterating b/c I have to
wait for All my pictures to upload and then I end up deleting old ones from
my file. Can anyone help me??
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2008
Edward
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Having trouble importing pics from my camera

"Nikster" <Nikster@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
news:9BC80EF9-23ED-4D9F-8A3B-8FD82E3E9343@microsoft.com...
>I am having trouble when I import pictures from my camera. When importing;
> my pictures use to import most recently taken pics. Now when I import All
> the pictures on my camera are being imported so I have to delete old ones.
> I'm not sure why my import has changed, but it is frusterating b/c I have
> to
> wait for All my pictures to upload and then I end up deleting old ones
> from
> my file. Can anyone help me??



Have you been editing the old ones?
Better use Exporer anyway and drag the files you want.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2008
Bob
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Having trouble importing pics from my camera

Control Panel>AutoPlay>Pictures>select "Ask me every time"
-------
*Report back, please*

> "Nikster" <Nikster@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> news:9BC80EF9-23ED-4D9F-8A3B-8FD82E3E9343@microsoft.com...
>>I am having trouble when I import pictures from my camera. When
>>importing;
>> my pictures use to import most recently taken pics. Now when I import
>> All
>> the pictures on my camera are being imported so I have to delete old
>> ones.
>> I'm not sure why my import has changed, but it is frusterating b/c I have
>> to
>> wait for All my pictures to upload and then I end up deleting old ones
>> from
>> my file. Can anyone help me??


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2008
Nikster
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Having trouble importing pics from my camera
I am not editing the old ones. I keep them in my Windows photo gallery and
edit them there in their own folder.
When I plug in my camera to the computer my AutoPlay options come up to
import photos or to view them. I have always chosen to import and the most
recent pictures would be imported. Now all the pics on my camera get
imported. So I have to wait for them all to upload and then delete old ones
that I already have in my photo gallery.
How do I drag the files I want? I guess I am not sure why my import has
changed. I was nice when the most recently taken photos uploaded and not All
the pics on my camera. Thanks for your help.

"Edward" wrote:

>
> "Nikster" <Nikster@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> news:9BC80EF9-23ED-4D9F-8A3B-8FD82E3E9343@microsoft.com...
> >I am having trouble when I import pictures from my camera. When importing;
> > my pictures use to import most recently taken pics. Now when I import All
> > the pictures on my camera are being imported so I have to delete old ones.
> > I'm not sure why my import has changed, but it is frusterating b/c I have
> > to
> > wait for All my pictures to upload and then I end up deleting old ones
> > from
> > my file. Can anyone help me??

>
>
> Have you been editing the old ones?
> Better use Exporer anyway and drag the files you want.
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2008
Nikster
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Having trouble importing pics from my camera
What is Autoplay under in Control Panel? My options are:
system and maintenance, security, network and internet, hardware and sound,
programs, user accounts and family safety, appearance and personalization,
clock, language, and region, ease of access, Addtional Options.

sorry I am computeriliterate! Thanks for your help.

"Bob" wrote:

>
> Control Panel>AutoPlay>Pictures>select "Ask me every time"
> -------
> *Report back, please*
>
> > "Nikster" <Nikster@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > news:9BC80EF9-23ED-4D9F-8A3B-8FD82E3E9343@microsoft.com...
> >>I am having trouble when I import pictures from my camera. When
> >>importing;
> >> my pictures use to import most recently taken pics. Now when I import
> >> All
> >> the pictures on my camera are being imported so I have to delete old
> >> ones.
> >> I'm not sure why my import has changed, but it is frusterating b/c I have
> >> to
> >> wait for All my pictures to upload and then I end up deleting old ones
> >> from
> >> my file. Can anyone help me??

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2008
Nikster
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Having trouble importing pics from my camera
Okay I found it in hardware and sound and it is set up to "ask me everytime."
but it is still importing All the pictures on my camera, not the most
recently taken pictures. So I have to wait for All the pictures to import
and then I am deleting old ones that I have already imported and have in
folders and just keeping the new ones. It is just time consuming. Any other
suggestions??

"Bob" wrote:

>
> Control Panel>AutoPlay>Pictures>select "Ask me every time"
> -------
> *Report back, please*
>
> > "Nikster" <Nikster@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > news:9BC80EF9-23ED-4D9F-8A3B-8FD82E3E9343@microsoft.com...
> >>I am having trouble when I import pictures from my camera. When
> >>importing;
> >> my pictures use to import most recently taken pics. Now when I import
> >> All
> >> the pictures on my camera are being imported so I have to delete old
> >> ones.
> >> I'm not sure why my import has changed, but it is frusterating b/c I have
> >> to
> >> wait for All my pictures to upload and then I end up deleting old ones
> >> from
> >> my file. Can anyone help me??

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2008
Edward
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Having trouble importing pics from my camera

"Nikster" <Nikster@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
news:284EC6FF-EB17-4575-82E8-123A442E0C9F@microsoft.com...
>I am not editing the old ones. I keep them in my Windows photo gallery and
> edit them there in their own folder.


Did you edit them in their own folder before loading the pics from your
camera? Then the problem remains. Windows will not recognize them as the
same pics from your camera.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2008
Bob
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Having trouble importing pics from my camera

What option are you choosing when you are asked?
-------
*Report back, please*


"Nikster" <Nikster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B13899EB-01E9-44F1-A698-1FA917B6586B@microsoft.com...
> Okay I found it in hardware and sound and it is set up to "ask me
> everytime."
> but it is still importing All the pictures on my camera, not the most
> recently taken pictures. So I have to wait for All the pictures to import
> and then I am deleting old ones that I have already imported and have in
> folders and just keeping the new ones. It is just time consuming. Any
> other
> suggestions??
>
> "Bob" wrote:
>
>>
>> Control Panel>AutoPlay>Pictures>select "Ask me every time"
>> -------
>> *Report back, please*
>>
>> > "Nikster" <Nikster@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>> > news:9BC80EF9-23ED-4D9F-8A3B-8FD82E3E9343@microsoft.com...
>> >>I am having trouble when I import pictures from my camera. When
>> >>importing;
>> >> my pictures use to import most recently taken pics. Now when I import
>> >> All
>> >> the pictures on my camera are being imported so I have to delete old
>> >> ones.
>> >> I'm not sure why my import has changed, but it is frusterating b/c I
>> >> have
>> >> to
>> >> wait for All my pictures to upload and then I end up deleting old ones
>> >> from
>> >> my file. Can anyone help me??

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2008
Nikster
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Having trouble importing pics from my camera
I have it on ask me everytime, but it just asks me to import pic using
windows, view pic using windows, veiw pics using windows media center , copy
disc, transfer pics, and open folder to view files. I chose import pics
using windows. It does not give me the option to import most recently taken
pictures.

"Bob" wrote:

>
> What option are you choosing when you are asked?
> -------
> *Report back, please*
>
>
> "Nikster" <Nikster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B13899EB-01E9-44F1-A698-1FA917B6586B@microsoft.com...
> > Okay I found it in hardware and sound and it is set up to "ask me
> > everytime."
> > but it is still importing All the pictures on my camera, not the most
> > recently taken pictures. So I have to wait for All the pictures to import
> > and then I am deleting old ones that I have already imported and have in
> > folders and just keeping the new ones. It is just time consuming. Any
> > other
> > suggestions??
> >
> > "Bob" wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> Control Panel>AutoPlay>Pictures>select "Ask me every time"
> >> -------
> >> *Report back, please*
> >>
> >> > "Nikster" <Nikster@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> >> > news:9BC80EF9-23ED-4D9F-8A3B-8FD82E3E9343@microsoft.com...
> >> >>I am having trouble when I import pictures from my camera. When
> >> >>importing;
> >> >> my pictures use to import most recently taken pics. Now when I import
> >> >> All
> >> >> the pictures on my camera are being imported so I have to delete old
> >> >> ones.
> >> >> I'm not sure why my import has changed, but it is frusterating b/c I
> >> >> have
> >> >> to
> >> >> wait for All my pictures to upload and then I end up deleting old ones
> >> >> from
> >> >> my file. Can anyone help me??
> >>
> >>

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2008
Nikster
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Having trouble importing pics from my camera
No I am editing once they are uploaded onto my computer. I edit them through
my photo gallery, not through my camera.

"Edward" wrote:

>
> "Nikster" <Nikster@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> news:284EC6FF-EB17-4575-82E8-123A442E0C9F@microsoft.com...
> >I am not editing the old ones. I keep them in my Windows photo gallery and
> > edit them there in their own folder.

>
> Did you edit them in their own folder before loading the pics from your
> camera? Then the problem remains. Windows will not recognize them as the
> same pics from your camera.
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Having trouble importing pics StephDav microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 2 04-10-2008 20:14
Camera downloading the same pics Kaur microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 02-19-2008 08:46
Problems transferring pics from camera card to computer tlowe microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 0 11-19-2007 01:47
Digital Camera (cant choose pics) Kartik microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 04-19-2007 21:08
Importing from digital camera in Vista MCE =?Utf-8?B?TGFyc0Q=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-01-2007 15:33




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:57.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120