RE: Kodak Gallery Easy Upload
To install and run the Easy Upload plugin, an administrative user will need
to disable User Account Control for the computer (this blocks your computer
from installing Easy Upload).
First, you will need to log into Vista using an account with full
administrative privileges. The general steps for disabling UAC are as follows:
1. Launch the Control Panel.
2. On Vista Business or Vista Ultimate, select the "User Accounts" applet.
On Vista Home Basic or Vista Home Premium, select the "User Accounts and
Family Safety" applet.
3. Click on the "User Accounts" link.
4. Click on the "Turn User Account Control On or Off" link.
5. Deselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your
computer" check box.
6. At that point, the system may issue a prompt to restart the system.
Accept the prompt.
Upon completion of the system restart (if needed), the Easy Upload control
can be installed, and should function correctly.
"M. Krantz" wrote:
> Anyone else having troubling using the Easy Upload applet plug-in to upload
> photos at Kodak's web site: kodakgallery.com while running Vista? This applet
> is downloaded when you log into the site and attempt to upload directly. I'm
> using Vista's Internet Explorer.
> I see the Kodak applet in the "Programs" list in the Control Panel, but it
> won't work and defaults to the html-based single file upload option.