DVD Maker Stops Working

=?Utf-8?B?RXJ5bg==?=

DVD Maker Stops Working
I recently purchased a new computer and I am trying to use the DVD Maker. I
continue to receive 2 different error messages. I receive the first after
trying to add a video made in Windows Movie Maker:

0 files were unsuccessfully added
1 file could not be added
Unspecified error.

After trying to add the file again, it seems to work. However, once I
select the video and click burn, I receive the following message:

Windows DVD Maker Has Stopped Working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close
the program and notify you if a solution is available.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: DVD Maker Stops Working

What data is in the event viewer about that crash?
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
may help.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Eryn" <Eryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a new computer and I am trying to use the DVD Maker. I
> continue to receive 2 different error messages. I receive the first after
> trying to add a video made in Windows Movie Maker:
>
> 0 files were unsuccessfully added
> 1 file could not be added
> Unspecified error.
>
> After trying to add the file again, it seems to work. However, once I
> select the video and click burn, I receive the following message:
>
> Windows DVD Maker Has Stopped Working
> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
> close
> the program and notify you if a solution is available.

=?Utf-8?B?RXJ5bg==?=

Re: DVD Maker Stops Working
It says:
The DVD Maker engine returned an error code (37) when burning the disc.

It also listed error codes of (-2147023779) and (-14).

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What data is in the event viewer about that crash?
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> may help.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Eryn" <Eryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently purchased a new computer and I am trying to use the DVD Maker. I
> > continue to receive 2 different error messages. I receive the first after
> > trying to add a video made in Windows Movie Maker:
> >
> > 0 files were unsuccessfully added
> > 1 file could not be added
> > Unspecified error.
> >
> > After trying to add the file again, it seems to work. However, once I
> > select the video and click burn, I receive the following message:
> >
> > Windows DVD Maker Has Stopped Working
> > A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
> > close
> > the program and notify you if a solution is available.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: DVD Maker Stops Working

Ah - so it doesn't crash and allow you to send an error report?

That's "ERROR: IO Device: The request could not be performed because of an
I/O device error".

The bit about "Windows will close the program and notify you when a solution
is available" is most interesting since it sounds like you're sending an
error report to Microsoft, which could map to a crash bucket. If there was
a crash and a sent error report, that would be quite interesting and I'd
love to get that associated bucket number here-
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
=\

--
> It says:
> The DVD Maker engine returned an error code (37) when burning the disc.
>
> It also listed error codes of (-2147023779) and (-14).
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> What data is in the event viewer about that crash?
>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
>> may help.
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "Eryn" <Eryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I recently purchased a new computer and I am trying to use the DVD
>> >Maker. I
>> > continue to receive 2 different error messages. I receive the first
>> > after
>> > trying to add a video made in Windows Movie Maker:
>> >
>> > 0 files were unsuccessfully added
>> > 1 file could not be added
>> > Unspecified error.
>> >
>> > After trying to add the file again, it seems to work. However, once I
>> > select the video and click burn, I receive the following message:
>> >
>> > Windows DVD Maker Has Stopped Working
>> > A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
>> > close
>> > the program and notify you if a solution is available.

=?Utf-8?B?RXJ5bg==?=

Re: DVD Maker Stops Working
I'm not very computer literate. However, it is saying that part of the time,
it has sent an error report. However, there are no solutions available for
the problem at this time! My computer is brand new, so I don't understand
why this program doesn't work.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Ah - so it doesn't crash and allow you to send an error report?
>
> That's "ERROR: IO Device: The request could not be performed because of an
> I/O device error".
>
> The bit about "Windows will close the program and notify you when a solution
> is available" is most interesting since it sounds like you're sending an
> error report to Microsoft, which could map to a crash bucket. If there was
> a crash and a sent error report, that would be quite interesting and I'd
> love to get that associated bucket number here-
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> =\
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Eryn" <Eryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It says:
> > The DVD Maker engine returned an error code (37) when burning the disc.
> >
> > It also listed error codes of (-2147023779) and (-14).
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> What data is in the event viewer about that crash?
> >> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> >> may help.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: DVD Maker Stops Working

Don't worry about it - if you can't understand, it's the computer's fault,
not yours.

Open the Start menu. Click All Programs. Select "Maintenance". Select
"Problems Reports and Solutions". Click "View Problem History". Look for the
crash/error in question. Double-click the report in question. What is that
data? (You can use "Copy to Clipboard" to easily include this data in your
message)

--
> I'm not very computer literate. However, it is saying that part of the
> time,
> it has sent an error report. However, there are no solutions available
> for
> the problem at this time! My computer is brand new, so I don't understand
> why this program doesn't work.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> Ah - so it doesn't crash and allow you to send an error report?
>>
>> That's "ERROR: IO Device: The request could not be performed because of
>> an
>> I/O device error".
>>
>> The bit about "Windows will close the program and notify you when a
>> solution
>> is available" is most interesting since it sounds like you're sending an
>> error report to Microsoft, which could map to a crash bucket. If there
>> was
>> a crash and a sent error report, that would be quite interesting and I'd
>> love to get that associated bucket number here-
>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
>> =\
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "Eryn" <Eryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > It says:
>> > The DVD Maker engine returned an error code (37) when burning the disc.
>> >
>> > It also listed error codes of (-2147023779) and (-14).

=?Utf-8?B?RXJ5bg==?=

Re: DVD Maker Stops Working
Thanks for your help. Here's the info:

Product
Windows DVD Maker
Problem
Stopped working
Date
3/11/2007 11:27 PM
Status
Report Sent
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DvdMaker.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b0
Fault Module Name: lmpgd10.ax
Fault Module Version: 4.0.0.157
Fault Module Timestamp: 4497e7a9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000015d9
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 365692751

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Don't worry about it - if you can't understand, it's the computer's fault,
> not yours.
>
> Open the Start menu. Click All Programs. Select "Maintenance". Select
> "Problems Reports and Solutions". Click "View Problem History". Look for the
> crash/error in question. Double-click the report in question. What is that
> data? (You can use "Copy to Clipboard" to easily include this data in your
> message)
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Eryn" <Eryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not very computer literate. However, it is saying that part of the
> > time,
> > it has sent an error report. However, there are no solutions available
> > for
> > the problem at this time! My computer is brand new, so I don't understand
> > why this program doesn't work.
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> Ah - so it doesn't crash and allow you to send an error report?
> >>
> >> That's "ERROR: IO Device: The request could not be performed because of
> >> an
> >> I/O device error".
> >>
> >> The bit about "Windows will close the program and notify you when a
> >> solution
> >> is available" is most interesting since it sounds like you're sending an
> >> error report to Microsoft, which could map to a crash bucket. If there
> >> was
> >> a crash and a sent error report, that would be quite interesting and I'd
> >> love to get that associated bucket number here-
> >> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> >> =\
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: DVD Maker Stops Working

Great work, that information is solid gold.

So you're crashing in the Ligos MPEG D-10 parser. Is there any particular
reason why you have Ligos installed? What third party MPEG/MPEG2/DVD
editors/readers/players did you install? Is this an upgrade? Did you
install a codec pack?

I would very much like to understand how these files got to be on your
system.

If you uninstall the Ligos software, DVD Maker should work. If you get an
updated Vista-compatible version of the file from Ligos, it probably would
work then too.

If you found and renamed the file "lmpgd10.ax" (a brute force approach), it
should probably stop crashing here too.

This is likely an issue you should bring to Ligos support. I'd be
interested in knowing their recommended approach here.

--
> Thanks for your help. Here's the info:
>
> Product
> Windows DVD Maker
> Problem
> Stopped working
> Date
> 3/11/2007 11:27 PM
> Status
> Report Sent
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: DvdMaker.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Application Timestamp: 4549b5b0
> Fault Module Name: lmpgd10.ax
> Fault Module Version: 4.0.0.157
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4497e7a9
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 000015d9
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: 8d13
> Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> Additional Information 3: 8d13
> Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> Extra information about the problem
> Bucket ID: 365692751
>

> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> Don't worry about it - if you can't understand, it's the computer's
>> fault,
>> not yours.
>>
>> Open the Start menu. Click All Programs. Select "Maintenance". Select
>> "Problems Reports and Solutions". Click "View Problem History". Look for
>> the
>> crash/error in question. Double-click the report in question. What is
>> that
>> data? (You can use "Copy to Clipboard" to easily include this data in
>> your
>> message)
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "Eryn" <Eryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm not very computer literate. However, it is saying that part of the
>> > time,
>> > it has sent an error report. However, there are no solutions available
>> > for
>> > the problem at this time! My computer is brand new, so I don't
>> > understand
>> > why this program doesn't work.

=?Utf-8?B?RXJ5bg==?=

Re: DVD Maker Stops Working
I originally installed Magix Movie Edit Pro 11 on my computer. After having
difficulty with that program as well as the Windows DVD maker, I uninstalled
the Movie Edit Pro. I even went so far as to do a system restore so that my
computer would be restored to it's original factory condition. I was hoping
that would solve my problem, but it didn't.

I didn't find any program named Ligos in the uninstall programs. Could it
be listed under a different name? Unfortunately, everything you said seems
simple to fix, but it's all greek to me!

Where would I look for the file to rename it?

I really appreciate your help.