Windowc media center crashes

=?Utf-8?B?a2VsbHk=?=

Windowc media center crashes
I am having a problem with media center.

I have a music library that I would like to play from media center. However
half the time it when I try to play a song it will crash. It will then ask me
if I want to debug or check online for soultion. When I debug the option just
goes away then I try checking on line but nothing happens.

The other half of the time the visualizations will not work. It will get
stuck and I dont want the burn in on my screen.

Everything works fine in Windows media player...
=?Utf-8?B?a2VsbHk=?=

RE: Windowc media center crashes
Sorry here is the error I get.

Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ehshell.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b55e
Fault Module Name: MediaPlayer_10.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.3.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 417c757a
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00001170
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

"kelly" wrote:

> I am having a problem with media center.
>
> I have a music library that I would like to play from media center. However
> half the time it when I try to play a song it will crash. It will then ask me
> if I want to debug or check online for soultion. When I debug the option just
> goes away then I try checking on line but nothing happens.
>
> The other half of the time the visualizations will not work. It will get
> stuck and I dont want the burn in on my screen.
>
> Everything works fine in Windows media player...

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windowc media center crashes

That data isn't reallllly valuable - it's the crash bucket number that's
reallllly valuable. The below data doesn't map to anything - did you send
an Error Report to Microsoft when it offered to do that? That's generally
really good to do.

But according to the filename, I suspect that's part of the third party
'Energy Bliss' visualization - is that on your system? Does disabling or
removing that visualization fix you up?

If you don't have that installed - what are the file properties for
"MediaPlayer_10.dll"? That's not a Microsoft file to the best of my pretty
good knowledge. =)

--
Speaking for myself only.
"kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry here is the error I get.

> Stopped working
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: ehshell.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Application Timestamp: 4549b55e
> Fault Module Name: MediaPlayer_10.dll
> Fault Module Version: 1.0.3.1
> Fault Module Timestamp: 417c757a
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 00001170
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Read our privacy statement:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
>

> "kelly" wrote:
>
>> I am having a problem with media center.
>>
>> I have a music library that I would like to play from media center.
>> However
>> half the time it when I try to play a song it will crash. It will then
>> ask me
>> if I want to debug or check online for soultion. When I debug the option
>> just
>> goes away then I try checking on line but nothing happens.
>>
>> The other half of the time the visualizations will not work. It will get
>> stuck and I dont want the burn in on my screen.
>>
>> Everything works fine in Windows media player...

=?Utf-8?B?a2VsbHk=?=

Re: Windowc media center crashes
Thanks for the help.

I do have the visualization energy bliss on my computer. I got it from a
direct link from Microsoft. I will try removing it and see what happens.

I dont know where to get the crash bucket number from. This was all the
information it gives me when it crashes. You would think microsoft would give
me the information I need to know when something bad happens.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> That data isn't reallllly valuable - it's the crash bucket number that's
> reallllly valuable. The below data doesn't map to anything - did you send
> an Error Report to Microsoft when it offered to do that? That's generally
> really good to do.
>
> But according to the filename, I suspect that's part of the third party
> 'Energy Bliss' visualization - is that on your system? Does disabling or
> removing that visualization fix you up?
>
> If you don't have that installed - what are the file properties for
> "MediaPlayer_10.dll"? That's not a Microsoft file to the best of my pretty
> good knowledge. =)
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry here is the error I get.

> > Stopped working
> >
> > Problem signature:
> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> > Application Name: ehshell.exe
> > Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> > Application Timestamp: 4549b55e
> > Fault Module Name: MediaPlayer_10.dll
> > Fault Module Version: 1.0.3.1
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 417c757a
> > Exception Code: c0000005
> > Exception Offset: 00001170
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
> > Locale ID: 1033
> >
> > Read our privacy statement:
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409
> >

> > "kelly" wrote:
> >
> >> I am having a problem with media center.
> >>
> >> I have a music library that I would like to play from media center.
> >> However
> >> half the time it when I try to play a song it will crash. It will then
> >> ask me
> >> if I want to debug or check online for soultion. When I debug the option
> >> just
> >> goes away then I try checking on line but nothing happens.
> >>
> >> The other half of the time the visualizations will not work. It will get
> >> stuck and I dont want the burn in on my screen.
> >>
> >> Everything works fine in Windows media player...

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windowc media center crashes

In general you couldn't do anything with the crash bucket number, which is
why it's not pushed into your face. But if you happen to be randomly
chatting with a Microsoft developer (in this case, me), they can sometimes
translate those for you, as I've attempted to here. Thankfully you've
provided great data so that I could identify this. Thanks! =)

--
> Thanks for the help.
>
> I do have the visualization energy bliss on my computer. I got it from a
> direct link from Microsoft. I will try removing it and see what happens.
>
> I dont know where to get the crash bucket number from. This was all the
> information it gives me when it crashes. You would think microsoft would
> give
> me the information I need to know when something bad happens.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> That data isn't reallllly valuable - it's the crash bucket number that's
>> reallllly valuable. The below data doesn't map to anything - did you
>> send
>> an Error Report to Microsoft when it offered to do that? That's
>> generally
>> really good to do.
>>
>> But according to the filename, I suspect that's part of the third party
>> 'Energy Bliss' visualization - is that on your system? Does disabling or
>> removing that visualization fix you up?
>>
>> If you don't have that installed - what are the file properties for
>> "MediaPlayer_10.dll"? That's not a Microsoft file to the best of my
>> pretty
>> good knowledge. =)
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry here is the error I get.

>> > Stopped working
>> >
>> > Problem signature:
>> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> > Application Name: ehshell.exe
>> > Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
>> > Application Timestamp: 4549b55e
>> > Fault Module Name: MediaPlayer_10.dll
>> > Fault Module Version: 1.0.3.1
>> > Fault Module Timestamp: 417c757a
>> > Exception Code: c0000005
>> > Exception Offset: 00001170
>> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
>> > Locale ID: 1033
>> >
>> > Read our privacy statement:
>> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

=?Utf-8?B?a2VsbHk=?=

Re: Windowc media center crashes
Ok so heres a question that should be simple to answer.
How do I remove visualizations?
When I go to options in WMP 11 and click on energy bliss, (which by the way
is calles windows media player 10) or any others the remove choise is grayed
out. They also dont show up in add/remove programs.

Anyway to remove these?

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> In general you couldn't do anything with the crash bucket number, which is
> why it's not pushed into your face. But if you happen to be randomly
> chatting with a Microsoft developer (in this case, me), they can sometimes
> translate those for you, as I've attempted to here. Thankfully you've
> provided great data so that I could identify this. Thanks! =)
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the help.
> >
> > I do have the visualization energy bliss on my computer. I got it from a
> > direct link from Microsoft. I will try removing it and see what happens.
> >
> > I dont know where to get the crash bucket number from. This was all the
> > information it gives me when it crashes. You would think microsoft would
> > give
> > me the information I need to know when something bad happens.
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> That data isn't reallllly valuable - it's the crash bucket number that's
> >> reallllly valuable. The below data doesn't map to anything - did you
> >> send
> >> an Error Report to Microsoft when it offered to do that? That's
> >> generally
> >> really good to do.
> >>
> >> But according to the filename, I suspect that's part of the third party
> >> 'Energy Bliss' visualization - is that on your system? Does disabling or
> >> removing that visualization fix you up?
> >>
> >> If you don't have that installed - what are the file properties for
> >> "MediaPlayer_10.dll"? That's not a Microsoft file to the best of my
> >> pretty
> >> good knowledge. =)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windowc media center crashes

If you run WMP elevated "as administrator", does it then ungrey the "Remove"
option?

--
> Ok so heres a question that should be simple to answer.
> How do I remove visualizations?
> When I go to options in WMP 11 and click on energy bliss, (which by the
> way
> is calles windows media player 10) or any others the remove choise is
> grayed
> out. They also dont show up in add/remove programs.
>
> Anyway to remove these?
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> In general you couldn't do anything with the crash bucket number, which
>> is
>> why it's not pushed into your face. But if you happen to be randomly
>> chatting with a Microsoft developer (in this case, me), they can
>> sometimes
>> translate those for you, as I've attempted to here. Thankfully you've
>> provided great data so that I could identify this. Thanks! =)
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the help.
>> >
>> > I do have the visualization energy bliss on my computer. I got it from
>> > direct link from Microsoft. I will try removing it and see what
>> > happens.
>> >
>> > I dont know where to get the crash bucket number from. This was all the
>> > information it gives me when it crashes. You would think microsoft
>> > would
>> > give
>> > me the information I need to know when something bad happens.

=?Utf-8?B?a2VsbHk=?=

Re: Windowc media center crashes
Well I have only 1 user setup and it's set up as an administrator. Its still
greyed out though. It's actually all of them that are greyed out (The remove
button for all different visualizations, that is). It shows a little windows
firewall symbol next to the greyed out "remove" button. I looked around in
the security center and can't find any settings for something like this.

I am at my work computer which runs vista also and its the same exact thing.
The remove button seems to be greyed out on 2 different computers. Odd, why
would Microsoft not want to let a person remove stuff from their own computer?

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> If you run WMP elevated "as administrator", does it then ungrey the "Remove"
> option?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ok so heres a question that should be simple to answer.
> > How do I remove visualizations?
> > When I go to options in WMP 11 and click on energy bliss, (which by the
> > way
> > is calles windows media player 10) or any others the remove choise is
> > grayed
> > out. They also dont show up in add/remove programs.
> >
> > Anyway to remove these?
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> In general you couldn't do anything with the crash bucket number, which
> >> is
> >> why it's not pushed into your face. But if you happen to be randomly
> >> chatting with a Microsoft developer (in this case, me), they can
> >> sometimes
> >> translate those for you, as I've attempted to here. Thankfully you've
> >> provided great data so that I could identify this. Thanks! =)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windowc media center crashes

By default Windows Media Player will run with low user rights. So if you
could explicitly run WMP "as administrator", that *should* enable this
option.

This area of WMP is meant to be redundant with the visualization also
registered itself in the Add/Remove Control Panel. It's generally not going
to be the solution on Vista precisely because by default you would not be
able to use Remove unless you explicitly run WMP "as administrator". You
can do this by going to
c:\program files\windows media player,
right-click on "wmplayer.exe" and choose "Run as administrator".

--
> Well I have only 1 user setup and it's set up as an administrator. Its
> still
> greyed out though. It's actually all of them that are greyed out (The
> remove
> button for all different visualizations, that is). It shows a little
> windows
> firewall symbol next to the greyed out "remove" button. I looked around in
> the security center and can't find any settings for something like this.
>
> I am at my work computer which runs vista also and its the same exact
> thing.
> The remove button seems to be greyed out on 2 different computers. Odd,
> why
> would Microsoft not want to let a person remove stuff from their own
> computer?
>

> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> If you run WMP elevated "as administrator", does it then ungrey the
>> "Remove"
>> option?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Ok so heres a question that should be simple to answer.
>> > How do I remove visualizations?
>> > When I go to options in WMP 11 and click on energy bliss, (which by the
>> > way
>> > is calles windows media player 10) or any others the remove choise is
>> > grayed
>> > out. They also dont show up in add/remove programs.
>> >
>> > Anyway to remove these?

=?Utf-8?B?a2VsbHk=?=

Re: Windowc media center crashes
WOW Ok first thanks for the help! I might rave a bit however, but its not at
you.

Secondly,

1. This website forum blows. It will not open correctly half the time. There
are a fricking million forums on the internet that work GREAT. Why would msft
want one that sucks.
2. Why does Microsoft think that people would want to open a program a
different way when they want to change something. Thats just idiotic. Run as
admin... what a crap and waste of time.
3. It STILL will not remove. I can't be the only one on the planet that
can't remove visualizations on vista, considering I have one computer with it
preloaded when I bought it and one computer that I upgraded it to it won't
work on either. I tried running in safe mode to see if that would work, but
media player won't even open in safe mode.

I have searched all msft website for any similiar problem but there is NO
info there.