converting mp3 to audio file

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hlbHNlYQ==?=

converting mp3 to audio file
I am trying to help my sister who recently got a new computer with Vista. it
came with windows media player 11 BUT she is trying to burn a cd with audio
files on it that will play in her cd player (does not have mp3 player
capabilites) but all her music on her computer is in wma or mp3 format. How
would we go about changing them from wma and mp3 to audio so it will work in
her cd player?
Michael

Re: converting mp3 to audio file
In windows media player, create a play list with the desired songs, then
select burn.
It should default to 'Audio CD' which is what you want. If it is burning to
'Data CD or DVD' you must change it.
(the little arrow under the burn button).

'Audio CD' should play fine on a regular CD player, some do not like RW CD's
however (esp if older)

Michael

"Chelsea" <Chelsea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to help my sister who recently got a new computer with Vista.
>it
> came with windows media player 11 BUT she is trying to burn a cd with
> audio
> files on it that will play in her cd player (does not have mp3 player
> capabilites) but all her music on her computer is in wma or mp3 format.
> How
> would we go about changing them from wma and mp3 to audio so it will work
> in
> her cd player?

Puppy Breath

Re: converting mp3 to audio file
The program you want to use for that is Windows Media Player. You may need
to use blank CD-R disks. Not all stereos can play CD-RW disks.

See the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...sta/using.aspx

"Chelsea" <Chelsea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to help my sister who recently got a new computer with Vista.
>it
> came with windows media player 11 BUT she is trying to burn a cd with
> audio
> files on it that will play in her cd player (does not have mp3 player
> capabilites) but all her music on her computer is in wma or mp3 format.
> How
> would we go about changing them from wma and mp3 to audio so it will work
> in
> her cd player?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hlbHNlYQ==?=

Re: converting mp3 to audio file
it is already on Audio, like you said it defaulted there and we are not using
RW cd's we are using CDR's... would you have any other suggestions for us?

"Michael" wrote:

> In windows media player, create a play list with the desired songs, then
> select burn.
> It should default to 'Audio CD' which is what you want. If it is burning to
> 'Data CD or DVD' you must change it.
> (the little arrow under the burn button).
>
> 'Audio CD' should play fine on a regular CD player, some do not like RW CD's
> however (esp if older)
>
> Michael
>
> "Chelsea" <Chelsea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to help my sister who recently got a new computer with Vista.
> >it
> > came with windows media player 11 BUT she is trying to burn a cd with
> > audio
> > files on it that will play in her cd player (does not have mp3 player
> > capabilites) but all her music on her computer is in wma or mp3 format.
> > How
> > would we go about changing them from wma and mp3 to audio so it will work
> > in
> > her cd player?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hlbHNlYQ==?=

Re: converting mp3 to audio file
we are using cd-r's and still not working...

"Puppy Breath" wrote:

> The program you want to use for that is Windows Media Player. You may need
> to use blank CD-R disks. Not all stereos can play CD-RW disks.
>
> See the link below:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...sta/using.aspx
>

> "Chelsea" <Chelsea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to help my sister who recently got a new computer with Vista.
> >it
> > came with windows media player 11 BUT she is trying to burn a cd with
> > audio
> > files on it that will play in her cd player (does not have mp3 player
> > capabilites) but all her music on her computer is in wma or mp3 format.
> > How
> > would we go about changing them from wma and mp3 to audio so it will work
> > in
> > her cd player?

John Inzer

Chelsea wrote:
> we are using cd-r's and still not working...

========================
Are you saying you cannot burn
a music CD with WMP11?

Maybe the following link will offer
some ideas:

Windows Media Player 11
for Windows Vista - Burn Your
Own Customized Audio CDs
http://tinyurl.com/3yznpz

--
John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hlbHNlYQ==?=

Re: converting mp3 to audio file
YES that is the process we are taking and it is on the CD although it stays
in MP3 format therefore it does not want to read in an older CD player that
does not have MP3 capabilites. which that same cd player has read cds that i
had burned off my computer. which my computer gives us the option of
converting the file from mp3 to audio. i know under the burn tab it says to
either audio or data dvd BUT even on the audio option it will still not play
when it is burned off the WMP11.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Chelsea wrote:
> > we are using cd-r's and still not working...

> ========================
> Are you saying you cannot burn
> a music CD with WMP11?
>
> Maybe the following link will offer
> some ideas:
>
> Windows Media Player 11
> for Windows Vista - Burn Your
> Own Customized Audio CDs
> http://tinyurl.com/3yznpz
>
> --
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Chelsea wrote:
> YES that is the process we are taking and it is on the CD although it
> stays in MP3 format therefore it does not want to read in an older CD
> player that does not have MP3 capabilites. which that same cd player
> has read cds that i had burned off my computer. which my computer
> gives us the option of converting the file from mp3 to audio. i know
> under the burn tab it says to either audio or data dvd BUT even on
> the audio option it will still not play when it is burned off the
> WMP11.

==============================
If you follow steps in the article,
the finished CD should have files
with the .cda extension. If the .cda
files are not there...I have no idea
what the problem is.

--
John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

brooke

Re: converting mp3 to audio file
doesn anyone know how to convert music files to mp3 becaue i seriously can't
figure it out on my own????
thnaks brooke

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Chelsea wrote:
> > YES that is the process we are taking and it is on the CD although it
> > stays in MP3 format therefore it does not want to read in an older CD
> > player that does not have MP3 capabilites. which that same cd player
> > has read cds that i had burned off my computer. which my computer
> > gives us the option of converting the file from mp3 to audio. i know
> > under the burn tab it says to either audio or data dvd BUT even on
> > the audio option it will still not play when it is burned off the
> > WMP11.

> ==============================
> If you follow steps in the article,
> the finished CD should have files
> with the .cda extension. If the .cda
> files are not there...I have no idea
> what the problem is.
>
> --
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Dave

Re: converting mp3 to audio file
Do you mean convert a music CD to mp3 files? Use Windows Media Player and
click on Rip.