Sony Video Camera will not run on vista, help please?

=?Utf-8?B?SmFub21hYzEwMQ==?=

Sony Video Camera will not run on vista, help please?
Hi all, hope someone out there can help me.
I own a Sony Video Camera.
Type DCR-TRV265E Easy HandyCam Digital 8.
It has USB Streaming and digital in and out.
It also has ilink facilities.

On purchasing a Dell Dimension Computer last week I have found that I have a
problem connecting it to download my films.
This computer now runs Vista Premium.
The ‘Picture Package’ Ver 1 software seems to load and I can see my film
when I am running the ‘adjust and confirm USB stream’; but when it comes to
downloading the film the whole thing shuts down. It says something about
destination file lost.
I have found that when I try to run it through the Microsoft moviemaker it
can not detect the camera, (a problem I never had with my previous computer
running Microsoft XP). I should say that I’m using a USB cable.
The weird thing is that the hardware devices folder in the control panel
does detect the camera and says it is working properly.
I have spoke to Dell support but too little avail. They say I should try the
iLink cable, but I never needed it before with my previous and much older
computer.
Can you help?
Is there a download or patch for this problem?
Is there another way round it?
I should add that although my camera can use a firewire or iLink cable this
new computer doesn’t have a port, although maybe I could get on fitted at a
later date.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Ian Caira.

Brad Gaffney

Re: Sony Video Camera will not run on vista, help please?
Try this:
Shutdown your pc.
Connect your video camera, and turn it on.
Then start up your computer with the camera already on.

This worked for me and my JVC camera.

"Janomac101" <Janomac101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, hope someone out there can help me.
> I own a Sony Video Camera.
> Type DCR-TRV265E Easy HandyCam Digital 8.
> It has USB Streaming and digital in and out.
> It also has ilink facilities.
>
> On purchasing a Dell Dimension Computer last week I have found that I have
> problem connecting it to download my films.
> This computer now runs Vista Premium.
> The ‘Picture Package’ Ver 1 software seems to load and I can see my film
> when I am running the ‘adjust and confirm USB stream’; but when it comes
> downloading the film the whole thing shuts down. It says something about
> destination file lost.
> I have found that when I try to run it through the Microsoft moviemaker it
> can not detect the camera, (a problem I never had with my previous
> computer
> running Microsoft XP). I should say that I’m using a USB cable.
> The weird thing is that the hardware devices folder in the control panel
> does detect the camera and says it is working properly.
> I have spoke to Dell support but too little avail. They say I should try
> the
> iLink cable, but I never needed it before with my previous and much older
> computer.
> Can you help?
> Is there a download or patch for this problem?
> Is there another way round it?
> I should add that although my camera can use a firewire or iLink cable
> this
> new computer doesn’t have a port, although maybe I could get on fitted at
> later date.
> Look forward to hearing from you.
> Kind regards,
> Ian Caira.

Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Sony Video Camera will not run on vista, help please?
Um, have you talked to Sony? This isn't the first Sony product I've heard of
that doesn't work on Vista...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"Janomac101" <Janomac101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, hope someone out there can help me.
> I own a Sony Video Camera.
> Type DCR-TRV265E Easy HandyCam Digital 8.
> It has USB Streaming and digital in and out.
> It also has ilink facilities.
>
> On purchasing a Dell Dimension Computer last week I have found that I have
> problem connecting it to download my films.
> This computer now runs Vista Premium.
> The 'Picture Package' Ver 1 software seems to load and I can see my film
> when I am running the 'adjust and confirm USB stream'; but when it comes
> downloading the film the whole thing shuts down. It says something about
> destination file lost.
> I have found that when I try to run it through the Microsoft moviemaker it
> can not detect the camera, (a problem I never had with my previous
> computer
> running Microsoft XP). I should say that I'm using a USB cable.
> The weird thing is that the hardware devices folder in the control panel
> does detect the camera and says it is working properly.
> I have spoke to Dell support but too little avail. They say I should try
> the
> iLink cable, but I never needed it before with my previous and much older
> computer.
> Can you help?
> Is there a download or patch for this problem?
> Is there another way round it?
> I should add that although my camera can use a firewire or iLink cable
> this
> new computer doesn't have a port, although maybe I could get on fitted at
> later date.
> Look forward to hearing from you.
> Kind regards,
> Ian Caira.

HDFatBoy2003

Re: Sony Video Camera will not run on vista, help please?
Yep, Microsoft changed something in the native drivers for Vista. My FX1
use to work flawlessly under all of the betas and RCs of Vista but in the
final release it's a no go.

The camera is recognized but only Windows Movie Maker can capture the video.
I use firewire as my connection. The camcorder use to be recognized as two
different devices but on RTM it now only is recornized as one device. The
drivers are different than under XP. So my major two apps for capturing
video don't see it any longer. I boot into XP to capture and then back to
Vista to edit. Hoping to find a resolution to the problem but so far Sony
and MS are not of much help.

"Dana Cline - MVP" <dcline@scriptpro.com> wrote in message
> Um, have you talked to Sony? This isn't the first Sony product I've heard
> of that doesn't work on Vista...
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>
> "Janomac101" <Janomac101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all, hope someone out there can help me.
>> I own a Sony Video Camera.
>> Type DCR-TRV265E Easy HandyCam Digital 8.
>> It has USB Streaming and digital in and out.
>> It also has ilink facilities.
>>
>> On purchasing a Dell Dimension Computer last week I have found that I
>> have a
>> problem connecting it to download my films.
>> This computer now runs Vista Premium.
>> The 'Picture Package' Ver 1 software seems to load and I can see my film
>> when I am running the 'adjust and confirm USB stream'; but when it comes
>> downloading the film the whole thing shuts down. It says something about
>> destination file lost.
>> I have found that when I try to run it through the Microsoft moviemaker
>> it
>> can not detect the camera, (a problem I never had with my previous
>> computer
>> running Microsoft XP). I should say that I'm using a USB cable.
>> The weird thing is that the hardware devices folder in the control panel
>> does detect the camera and says it is working properly.
>> I have spoke to Dell support but too little avail. They say I should try
>> the
>> iLink cable, but I never needed it before with my previous and much older
>> computer.
>> Can you help?
>> Is there a download or patch for this problem?
>> Is there another way round it?
>> I should add that although my camera can use a firewire or iLink cable
>> this
>> new computer doesn't have a port, although maybe I could get on fitted at
>> later date.
>> Look forward to hearing from you.
>> Kind regards,
>> Ian Caira.

Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Sony Video Camera will not run on vista, help please?
Yes, the driver model changed for Vista, but then again Sony has had over a
year to get their drivers fixed, and it sounds like they didn't bother.
Well, at least you can use MM to import the firewire video...I would think
that would be easier than booting back to XP...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"HDFatBoy2003" <H_D_FatBoy2003@msn.com> wrote in message
> Yep, Microsoft changed something in the native drivers for Vista. My FX1
> use to work flawlessly under all of the betas and RCs of Vista but in the
> final release it's a no go.
>
> The camera is recognized but only Windows Movie Maker can capture the
> video. I use firewire as my connection. The camcorder use to be
> recognized as two different devices but on RTM it now only is recornized
> as one device. The drivers are different than under XP. So my major two
> apps for capturing video don't see it any longer. I boot into XP to
> capture and then back to Vista to edit. Hoping to find a resolution to the
> problem but so far Sony and MS are not of much help.
>

> "Dana Cline - MVP" <dcline@scriptpro.com> wrote in message
>> Um, have you talked to Sony? This isn't the first Sony product I've heard
>> of that doesn't work on Vista...
>>
>> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>>
>> "Janomac101" <Janomac101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all, hope someone out there can help me.
>>> I own a Sony Video Camera.
>>> Type DCR-TRV265E Easy HandyCam Digital 8.
>>> It has USB Streaming and digital in and out.
>>> It also has ilink facilities.
>>>
>>> On purchasing a Dell Dimension Computer last week I have found that I
>>> have a
>>> problem connecting it to download my films.
>>> This computer now runs Vista Premium.
>>> The 'Picture Package' Ver 1 software seems to load and I can see my film
>>> when I am running the 'adjust and confirm USB stream'; but when it comes
>>> downloading the film the whole thing shuts down. It says something about
>>> destination file lost.
>>> I have found that when I try to run it through the Microsoft moviemaker
>>> it
>>> can not detect the camera, (a problem I never had with my previous
>>> computer
>>> running Microsoft XP). I should say that I'm using a USB cable.
>>> The weird thing is that the hardware devices folder in the control panel
>>> does detect the camera and says it is working properly.
>>> I have spoke to Dell support but too little avail. They say I should try
>>> the
>>> iLink cable, but I never needed it before with my previous and much
>>> older
>>> computer.
>>> Can you help?
>>> Is there a download or patch for this problem?
>>> Is there another way round it?
>>> I should add that although my camera can use a firewire or iLink cable
>>> this
>>> new computer doesn't have a port, although maybe I could get on fitted
>>> at a
>>> later date.
>>> Look forward to hearing from you.
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Ian Caira.

=?Utf-8?B?SmFub21hYzEwMQ==?=

Re: Sony Video Camera will not run on vista, help please?
Many thanks I'll give it a try.

"Brad Gaffney" wrote:

> Try this:
> Shutdown your pc.
> Connect your video camera, and turn it on.
> Then start up your computer with the camera already on.
>
> This worked for me and my JVC camera.
>

> "Janomac101" <Janomac101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all, hope someone out there can help me.
> > I own a Sony Video Camera.
> > Type DCR-TRV265E Easy HandyCam Digital 8.
> > It has USB Streaming and digital in and out.
> > It also has ilink facilities.
> >
> > On purchasing a Dell Dimension Computer last week I have found that I have
> > problem connecting it to download my films.
> > This computer now runs Vista Premium.
> > The ‘Picture Package’ Ver 1 software seems to load and I can see my film
> > when I am running the ‘adjust and confirm USB stream’; but when it comes
> > downloading the film the whole thing shuts down. It says something about
> > destination file lost.
> > I have found that when I try to run it through the Microsoft moviemaker it
> > can not detect the camera, (a problem I never had with my previous
> > computer
> > running Microsoft XP). I should say that I’m using a USB cable.
> > The weird thing is that the hardware devices folder in the control panel
> > does detect the camera and says it is working properly.
> > I have spoke to Dell support but too little avail. They say I should try
> > the
> > iLink cable, but I never needed it before with my previous and much older
> > computer.
> > Can you help?
> > Is there a download or patch for this problem?
> > Is there another way round it?
> > I should add that although my camera can use a firewire or iLink cable
> > this
> > new computer doesn’t have a port, although maybe I could get on fitted at
> > later date.
> > Look forward to hearing from you.
> > Kind regards,
> > Ian Caira.

=?Utf-8?B?SmFub21hYzEwMQ==?=

Re: Sony Video Camera will not run on vista, help please?
Thanks for the help. I did try sony and to be honest they seemed pretty
disinterested at me plight.

"Dana Cline - MVP" wrote:

> Um, have you talked to Sony? This isn't the first Sony product I've heard of
> that doesn't work on Vista...
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>
> "Janomac101" <Janomac101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all, hope someone out there can help me.
> > I own a Sony Video Camera.
> > Type DCR-TRV265E Easy HandyCam Digital 8.
> > It has USB Streaming and digital in and out.
> > It also has ilink facilities.
> >
> > On purchasing a Dell Dimension Computer last week I have found that I have
> > problem connecting it to download my films.
> > This computer now runs Vista Premium.
> > The 'Picture Package' Ver 1 software seems to load and I can see my film
> > when I am running the 'adjust and confirm USB stream'; but when it comes
> > downloading the film the whole thing shuts down. It says something about
> > destination file lost.
> > I have found that when I try to run it through the Microsoft moviemaker it
> > can not detect the camera, (a problem I never had with my previous
> > computer
> > running Microsoft XP). I should say that I'm using a USB cable.
> > The weird thing is that the hardware devices folder in the control panel
> > does detect the camera and says it is working properly.
> > I have spoke to Dell support but too little avail. They say I should try
> > the
> > iLink cable, but I never needed it before with my previous and much older
> > computer.
> > Can you help?
> > Is there a download or patch for this problem?
> > Is there another way round it?
> > I should add that although my camera can use a firewire or iLink cable
> > this
> > new computer doesn't have a port, although maybe I could get on fitted at
> > later date.
> > Look forward to hearing from you.
> > Kind regards,
> > Ian Caira.

=?Utf-8?B?SmFub21hYzEwMQ==?=

Re: Sony Video Camera will not run on vista, help please?
Thanks for your message.
The way this is going I think I may have to fork out more money and get and
iLink socket fitted to this 'brand' new computer. All a bit depressing really.
Why don't the manufactures keep one eye on what impact changing things has
on the end user?
Again, thanks for your help.

"HDFatBoy2003" wrote:

> Yep, Microsoft changed something in the native drivers for Vista. My FX1
> use to work flawlessly under all of the betas and RCs of Vista but in the
> final release it's a no go.
>
> The camera is recognized but only Windows Movie Maker can capture the video.
> I use firewire as my connection. The camcorder use to be recognized as two
> different devices but on RTM it now only is recornized as one device. The
> drivers are different than under XP. So my major two apps for capturing
> video don't see it any longer. I boot into XP to capture and then back to
> Vista to edit. Hoping to find a resolution to the problem but so far Sony
> and MS are not of much help.
>

> "Dana Cline - MVP" <dcline@scriptpro.com> wrote in message
> > Um, have you talked to Sony? This isn't the first Sony product I've heard
> > of that doesn't work on Vista...
> >
> > Dana Cline - MCE MVP
> >
> > "Janomac101" <Janomac101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi all, hope someone out there can help me.
> >> I own a Sony Video Camera.
> >> Type DCR-TRV265E Easy HandyCam Digital 8.
> >> It has USB Streaming and digital in and out.
> >> It also has ilink facilities.
> >>
> >> On purchasing a Dell Dimension Computer last week I have found that I
> >> have a
> >> problem connecting it to download my films.
> >> This computer now runs Vista Premium.
> >> The 'Picture Package' Ver 1 software seems to load and I can see my film
> >> when I am running the 'adjust and confirm USB stream'; but when it comes
> >> downloading the film the whole thing shuts down. It says something about
> >> destination file lost.
> >> I have found that when I try to run it through the Microsoft moviemaker
> >> it
> >> can not detect the camera, (a problem I never had with my previous
> >> computer
> >> running Microsoft XP). I should say that I'm using a USB cable.
> >> The weird thing is that the hardware devices folder in the control panel
> >> does detect the camera and says it is working properly.
> >> I have spoke to Dell support but too little avail. They say I should try
> >> the
> >> iLink cable, but I never needed it before with my previous and much older
> >> computer.
> >> Can you help?
> >> Is there a download or patch for this problem?
> >> Is there another way round it?
> >> I should add that although my camera can use a firewire or iLink cable
> >> this
> >> new computer doesn't have a port, although maybe I could get on fitted at
> >> later date.
> >> Look forward to hearing from you.
> >> Kind regards,
> >> Ian Caira.

Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Sony Video Camera will not run on vista, help please?
You can get a FireWire card for maybe $10 if you look around online...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

> Thanks for your message.
> The way this is going I think I may have to fork out more money and get
> and
> iLink socket fitted to this 'brand' new computer. All a bit depressing
> really.
> Why don't the manufactures keep one eye on what impact changing things has
> on the end user?
> Again, thanks for your help.
>
> "HDFatBoy2003" wrote:
>
>> Yep, Microsoft changed something in the native drivers for Vista. My FX1
>> use to work flawlessly under all of the betas and RCs of Vista but in the
>> final release it's a no go.
>>
>> The camera is recognized but only Windows Movie Maker can capture the
>> video.
>> I use firewire as my connection. The camcorder use to be recognized as
>> two
>> different devices but on RTM it now only is recornized as one device.
>> The
>> drivers are different than under XP. So my major two apps for capturing
>> video don't see it any longer. I boot into XP to capture and then back
>> Vista to edit. Hoping to find a resolution to the problem but so far Sony
>> and MS are not of much help.
>>

>> "Dana Cline - MVP" <dcline@scriptpro.com> wrote in message
>> > Um, have you talked to Sony? This isn't the first Sony product I've
>> > heard
>> > of that doesn't work on Vista...
>> >
>> > Dana Cline - MCE MVP

Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Sony Video Camera will not run on vista, help please?
That's one of the many reasons I'll never buy another Sony product...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP