Output from TV to Laptop - no TV Tuner

Els

Output from TV to Laptop - no TV Tuner
Hey guys

apologies if there is a simple answer to this question but is it possible to
view or record what is on the TV onto your laptop/pc and if so, how?

I don't have a TV Tuner installed but I assumed it would be similar to
transferring video from a camcorder to your laptop although instead of a
camcorder it will be from a video recorder or TV (depending on where the
connection should go).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Edward

Re: Output from TV to Laptop - no TV Tuner

"Els" <Els@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Hey guys
>
> apologies if there is a simple answer to this question but is it possible
> view or record what is on the TV onto your laptop/pc and if so, how?
>
> I don't have a TV Tuner installed but I assumed it would be similar to
> transferring video from a camcorder to your laptop although instead of a
> camcorder it will be from a video recorder or TV (depending on where the
> connection should go).
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated
>
> Regards

That won't work with the analogue NTSC or PAL output of your video recorder
or tv, you need A/D conversion to make it work on your PC. The easiest way
is using a external USB tuner chart like the Pinnacle PCTV 50e USB.

Curious

Re: Output from TV to Laptop - no TV Tuner
Get a TV tuner that also does video capture such as the Hauppauge 150 and
then use the video capture capability with the Hauppauge application to
capture the video and audio. That is what I do on my Vista system to
capture recordings from my VCR as a by product you can also watch/record TV
directly by also connecting your antenna or cable connection to the tuner
card.