Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Transfering photos between folders causes error

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2008
Belinda
 

Posts: n/a
Transfering photos between folders causes error
Having a problem when I am trying to transfer a photo from one folder to a
new or another folder explorer shuts down. I try one photo or a few photos
and different photos and folders they all do the same thing. Explorer shuts
down.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2008
jamesvdm
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Transfering photos between folders causes error
Hi Belinda

What antivirus are you running? I have seen AV programs cause this problem
before.

Also make sure you have the latest Windows Updates.

James

"Belinda" wrote:

> Having a problem when I am trying to transfer a photo from one folder to a
> new or another folder explorer shuts down. I try one photo or a few photos
> and different photos and folders they all do the same thing. Explorer shuts
> down.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2008
Belinda
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Transfering photos between folders causes error
Hi James,

It is Norton 2007, I haven't had a problem before with it. And I am always
updating windows. It is still playing up. It just closes explorer on me
every time.

Thanks
Belinda



"jamesvdm" wrote:

> Hi Belinda
>
> What antivirus are you running? I have seen AV programs cause this problem
> before.
>
> Also make sure you have the latest Windows Updates.
>
> James
>
> "Belinda" wrote:
>
> > Having a problem when I am trying to transfer a photo from one folder to a
> > new or another folder explorer shuts down. I try one photo or a few photos
> > and different photos and folders they all do the same thing. Explorer shuts
> > down.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2008
Bob
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Transfering photos between folders causes error
Replace Norton with the free AVG http://free.grisoft.com/ or Avast
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html, and Windows Firewall and Windows
Defender. Disabling Norton is not enough. You need to completely uninstall
it. If it doesn't solve the problem, get rid of Norton anyway (a disaster
waiting to happen).


==========================
Got Vista problems or questions?
Start here.
==========================
http://www.vistax64.com/search.php

"Belinda" <Belinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A6CBEAF2-8A2B-4FBA-B0B7-5249A472A88B@microsoft.com...
> Hi James,
>
> It is Norton 2007, I haven't had a problem before with it. And I am
> always
> updating windows. It is still playing up. It just closes explorer on me
> every time.
>
> Thanks
> Belinda
>
>
>
> "jamesvdm" wrote:
>
>> Hi Belinda
>>
>> What antivirus are you running? I have seen AV programs cause this
>> problem
>> before.
>>
>> Also make sure you have the latest Windows Updates.
>>
>> James
>>
>> "Belinda" wrote:
>>
>> > Having a problem when I am trying to transfer a photo from one folder
>> > to a
>> > new or another folder explorer shuts down. I try one photo or a few
>> > photos
>> > and different photos and folders they all do the same thing. Explorer
>> > shuts
>> > down.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2008
jamesvdm
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Transfering photos between folders causes error
i second bob's post.

"Bob" wrote:

> Replace Norton with the free AVG http://free.grisoft.com/ or Avast
> http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html, and Windows Firewall and Windows
> Defender. Disabling Norton is not enough. You need to completely uninstall
> it. If it doesn't solve the problem, get rid of Norton anyway (a disaster
> waiting to happen).
>
>
> ==========================
> Got Vista problems or questions?
> Start here.
> ==========================
> http://www.vistax64.com/search.php
>
> "Belinda" <Belinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A6CBEAF2-8A2B-4FBA-B0B7-5249A472A88B@microsoft.com...
> > Hi James,
> >
> > It is Norton 2007, I haven't had a problem before with it. And I am
> > always
> > updating windows. It is still playing up. It just closes explorer on me
> > every time.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Belinda
> >
> >
> >
> > "jamesvdm" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Belinda
> >>
> >> What antivirus are you running? I have seen AV programs cause this
> >> problem
> >> before.
> >>
> >> Also make sure you have the latest Windows Updates.
> >>
> >> James
> >>
> >> "Belinda" wrote:
> >>
> >> > Having a problem when I am trying to transfer a photo from one folder
> >> > to a
> >> > new or another folder explorer shuts down. I try one photo or a few
> >> > photos
> >> > and different photos and folders they all do the same thing. Explorer
> >> > shuts
> >> > down.

>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error Code 2739 - Google Photos Screensaver Gunther5612 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 03-02-2009 04:01
Can't send photos via e-mail receiving error message smeister microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 0 09-10-2007 19:20
Transfering outlook 2003 folders to windows mail Liane microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 06-08-2007 16:44
transfering Outlook Express contacts & folders to Windows mail in =?Utf-8?B?V2h5IE5vdA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 04-12-2007 14:33




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:31.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120