MAKE MY IPOD COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS VISTA !!!

Doubledime01

MAKE MY IPOD COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS VISTA !!!
I just bought a brand new ipod nano and i have been having nothing but
problems trying to download my songs to my ipod. everytime i plug the usb
cable from my ipod to my computer the computer does not recognize the device.
I have gone back and fourth with apple and compaq to try and resolve the
problem but i just keep getting the run around. I was told by the rep. at
apple to call microsofts and ask them to update usb drive firmware so that
the computer will be compatable with the ipod... please help me because i am
truly frustrated with this issue.thank you.
Kevin

Re: MAKE MY IPOD COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS VISTA !!!

"Doubledime01" <Doubledime01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a brand new ipod nano and i have been having nothing but
> problems trying to download my songs to my ipod. everytime i plug the usb
> cable from my ipod to my computer the computer does not recognize the
> device.
> I have gone back and fourth with apple and compaq to try and resolve the
> problem but i just keep getting the run around. I was told by the rep. at
> apple to call microsofts and ask them to update usb drive firmware so that
> the computer will be compatable with the ipod... please help me because i
> am
> truly frustrated with this issue.thank you.

Have you tried the Apple website? Like this link below:

Dale

RE: MAKE MY IPOD COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS VISTA !!!
Hi:
I have been doing a lot of readin grelative the Apple's iPod lately
and may have a tip that can help you.
From what I have read, you may get some of these problems where
the PC will not recognize the iPod if you don't have the latest version
of iTunes installed on your PC. Not only do you need to install the
latest version of iTunes, but you need to go out to Apple's web page
and do a Check for Updates. The information that I have read says that
doing this usually eliminates the connectivity problems.

DaleB

"Doubledime01" wrote:

> I just bought a brand new ipod nano and i have been having nothing but
> problems trying to download my songs to my ipod. everytime i plug the usb
> cable from my ipod to my computer the computer does not recognize the device.
> I have gone back and fourth with apple and compaq to try and resolve the
> problem but i just keep getting the run around. I was told by the rep. at
> apple to call microsofts and ask them to update usb drive firmware so that
> the computer will be compatable with the ipod... please help me because i am
> truly frustrated with this issue.thank you.

Dale

RE: MAKE MY IPOD COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS VISTA !!!
Hi:
I have been doing a lot of readin grelative the Apple's iPod lately
and may have a tip that can help you.
From what I have read, you may get some of these problems where

"Doubledime01" wrote:

> I just bought a brand new ipod nano and i have been having nothing but
> problems trying to download my songs to my ipod. everytime i plug the usb
> cable from my ipod to my computer the computer does not recognize the device.
> I have gone back and fourth with apple and compaq to try and resolve the
> problem but i just keep getting the run around. I was told by the rep. at
> apple to call microsofts and ask them to update usb drive firmware so that
> the computer will be compatable with the ipod... please help me because i am
> truly frustrated with this issue.thank you.

giedre11

RE: MAKE MY IPOD COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS VISTA !!!
I too have not been able to get itunes to see my ipod nano. It's the newest
nano out . Vista just had some updates that I installed and suddenly the
driver?? for my nano installed and Vista sees it, but itunes doesn't. I still
think it's a Vista issue because this very same nano is easily recognized on
XP...both the computer and itunes!

"Dale" wrote:

> Hi:
> I have been doing a lot of readin grelative the Apple's iPod lately
> and may have a tip that can help you.
> From what I have read, you may get some of these problems where
> the PC will not recognize the iPod if you don't have the latest version
> of iTunes installed on your PC. Not only do you need to install the
> latest version of iTunes, but you need to go out to Apple's web page
> and do a Check for Updates. The information that I have read says that
> doing this usually eliminates the connectivity problems.
>
> DaleB
>
> "Doubledime01" wrote:
>
> > I just bought a brand new ipod nano and i have been having nothing but
> > problems trying to download my songs to my ipod. everytime i plug the usb
> > cable from my ipod to my computer the computer does not recognize the device.
> > I have gone back and fourth with apple and compaq to try and resolve the
> > problem but i just keep getting the run around. I was told by the rep. at
> > apple to call microsofts and ask them to update usb drive firmware so that
> > the computer will be compatable with the ipod... please help me because i am
> > truly frustrated with this issue.thank you.

Dale

RE: MAKE MY IPOD COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS VISTA !!!
Check to see if you have thje latest version of iTunes (amd its drivers)
downloaded and installed. I recently installed iTuines 7.6 for Widnows
(Vista Home Premium 32 bit) so it should be version 7.6 or later.

"giedre11" wrote:

> I too have not been able to get itunes to see my ipod nano. It's the newest
> nano out . Vista just had some updates that I installed and suddenly the
> driver?? for my nano installed and Vista sees it, but itunes doesn't. I still
> think it's a Vista issue because this very same nano is easily recognized on
> XP...both the computer and itunes!
>
> "Dale" wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> > I have been doing a lot of readin grelative the Apple's iPod lately
> > and may have a tip that can help you.
> > From what I have read, you may get some of these problems where
> > the PC will not recognize the iPod if you don't have the latest version
> > of iTunes installed on your PC. Not only do you need to install the
> > latest version of iTunes, but you need to go out to Apple's web page
> > and do a Check for Updates. The information that I have read says that
> > doing this usually eliminates the connectivity problems.
> >
> > DaleB
> >
> > "Doubledime01" wrote:
> >
> > > I just bought a brand new ipod nano and i have been having nothing but
> > > problems trying to download my songs to my ipod. everytime i plug the usb
> > > cable from my ipod to my computer the computer does not recognize the device.
> > > I have gone back and fourth with apple and compaq to try and resolve the
> > > problem but i just keep getting the run around. I was told by the rep. at
> > > apple to call microsofts and ask them to update usb drive firmware so that
> > > the computer will be compatable with the ipod... please help me because i am
> > > truly frustrated with this issue.thank you.

jarhedch

Re: MAKE MY IPOD COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS VISTA !!!

It isn't itunes, I've been having the same problem, and I've got
everything updated. It's Vista 64, only, as my wife's laptop, Vista 32,
ahs had no problems with Itunes and Ipod as well, everyhting runs
smoothly. my nest step is to install Itunes 32 instead of 64 and see if
tha works, watch this space i'll let you know.

--
jarhedch
rob

RE: MAKE MY IPOD COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS VISTA !!!
thank you for help

reclark0

Re: MAKE MY IPOD COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS VISTA !!!

I can't even install iTunes on a Vista Home Premium 32bit computer I
just bought. How do you get past the iTunesSetup.exe is not a valid
Windows Installer package?

--
reclark0
reclark0

Re: MAKE MY IPOD COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS VISTA !!!

Issue resolved with iTunes installation. Finally. Found the answer in
another thread advising to create an ADMIN account with administrator
capabilities then use this account to download iTunes and install it.
The iTunes installation worked like it did on the old XP computer.

Let's thank MS for causing such havoc. Don't forget Apple for their
inability to provide the resolution on their website, via Tech Support
and nothing in the forums. I'll go there next to post the fix. While I
am in the process of getting 400+ cd's in to iTunes I'll also find the
thread again to thank the person who provided the information.

--
reclark0