Problem with WMP latest version X64 for vista

Nikita1337

Problem with WMP latest version X64 for vista

hey sup all for my part i have this problem i used a program today for
delete some trojan into my memory all work fine but now i have this
problem if i try to lauchn windows media player this specially version
11.0.6000.6344 nothing happen and i dont know why im using ultimate x64
and i tryed to unisntall windows media players and i dont found it !
plzz help thx

--
Nikita1337
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Problem with WMP latest version X64 for vista

You cannot uninstall it: that is a dead end. You can reinstall Vista to
reinstall the player, though.

What did you delete to fix this? A trojan can do all sorts of bad things to
your system. Can you use System Restore to go back to before you were
trojaned?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Nikita1337" <Nikita1337.353m44@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> hey sup all for my part i have this problem i used a program today for
> delete some trojan into my memory all work fine but now i have this
> problem if i try to lauchn windows media player this specially version
> 11.0.6000.6344 nothing happen and i dont know why im using ultimate x64
> and i tryed to unisntall windows media players and i dont found it !
> plzz help thx
>

> --
> Nikita1337

Nikita1337

Re: Problem with WMP latest version X64 for vista

LOL
1) i will not reinstall my comp for this crappy player
2) i disable the system restore because it completly buggy at all
3) what now why the fuk i can uninstall the player seriously i would
know why on XP we can do it and not it vista sry for bad language but
FUK mate i cant reinstall the player for show my movie because there no
release over the net for this version and damn 4 days for some1 respond
me on this forum called VistaX64 sry again for bad language but WOW
Microsoft need to wake up and update his program at 400 usd before
trying to buy fkin Yahoo Fuk :/

--
Nikita1337
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Problem with WMP latest version X64 for vista

This isn't a supported forum or venue for contacting Microsoft, it's just a
random community where people talk about the forum subject and ocassionally
help each other. =)
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#netiquette
or the Rules of Conduct / Expectations may be helpful. =\

Yes, that's correct, there is no reinstall available. The new component
system used in Vista does not support reinstall of subcomponents, sorry.
The old XP system was pretty fragile and flaky at the end of the day, so it
was time to move on to something more sustainable. =)

What bugs were you running into with System Restore? From my point of view,
it's an interesting fallback mechanism Just In Case. You wouldn't want to
use that functionality often - that implies that bad things are regularly
happening to your system, which is really bad - but ... it's a better
version of Last Known Good states as far as I'm concerned.

What did you do or delete to get into this state? It might be easier to
address this problem that way.

Generally a reinstall of the OS should not / will not require a format - it
would be an upgrade in place, so you shouldn't experience data loss to the
best of my knowledge.

Again, I agree you that you're in a bad state- if you want to clarify how
you got into this state, maybe I can help you get out of it.

I'd try to help you further, but I don't understand the scope of the problem
that you're encountering. Without that, nobody could competently help you
move forward so far. Is this a file corruption? Is this a registry
corruption? Are you crashing? What's happening?

All of that data is very key to understanding the problem and moving
forward. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.