Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

video capture for Canon Optura 40 on Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2008
Taewa
 

Posts: n/a
video capture for Canon Optura 40 on Vista
When I try to capture with Windows Movie Maker or with my Adobe Premiere
software, the computer doesn't recognize my firewire port as having any input
device. The port shows as up to date and no further drivers needed when I
check Bus in Device Mgr. I have the camera turned on, and on VCR mode. Is
there another way around this? I am finding that this same problem is
happening with lots of cameras. i am sure it is a bug, but how do we get
around it? Is there a way to manually make the computer recognize a port
when something is plugged in?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2008
Graham Hughes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: video capture for Canon Optura 40 on Vista
Does your cam show up as being connected when you first connect it to the
pc?
If not try connecting it and turning it on and then boot up the pc.
Do other firewire items work on the port? Device manager only tells you it
should work in theory, not actually in practise.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.com


"Taewa" <Taewa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:369F4235-005F-42DE-9C13-F751643A6319@microsoft.com...
> When I try to capture with Windows Movie Maker or with my Adobe Premiere
> software, the computer doesn't recognize my firewire port as having any
> input
> device. The port shows as up to date and no further drivers needed when I
> check Bus in Device Mgr. I have the camera turned on, and on VCR mode.
> Is
> there another way around this? I am finding that this same problem is
> happening with lots of cameras. i am sure it is a bug, but how do we get
> around it? Is there a way to manually make the computer recognize a port
> when something is plugged in?



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2008
Taewa
 

Posts: n/a
Re: video capture for Canon Optura 40 on Vista
Thanks for your help, but I still can't get it to work. The computer doesn't
recognize it when I first plug it in, and I tried to plug it in before
booting the computer, but that didn't work either. I have tried my iPod's
firewire on the computer, and the computer recognizes it most of the time
(although still a bit buggy). Is there a way to have the firewire slot force
read something? like a "run" command???

Thanks.



"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Does your cam show up as being connected when you first connect it to the
> pc?
> If not try connecting it and turning it on and then boot up the pc.
> Do other firewire items work on the port? Device manager only tells you it
> should work in theory, not actually in practise.
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>
>
> "Taewa" <Taewa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:369F4235-005F-42DE-9C13-F751643A6319@microsoft.com...
> > When I try to capture with Windows Movie Maker or with my Adobe Premiere
> > software, the computer doesn't recognize my firewire port as having any
> > input
> > device. The port shows as up to date and no further drivers needed when I
> > check Bus in Device Mgr. I have the camera turned on, and on VCR mode.
> > Is
> > there another way around this? I am finding that this same problem is
> > happening with lots of cameras. i am sure it is a bug, but how do we get
> > around it? Is there a way to manually make the computer recognize a port
> > when something is plugged in?

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-22-2008
Graham Hughes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: video capture for Canon Optura 40 on Vista
The fact you have trouble with your ipod seems to indicate a problem with
either the cable or the firewire port on the pc, physically rather than
software. I'd try a good quality cable first to see if that helps, otheriwse
test your equipemnt on another pc adn see how they work together. Maybe a
pci firewire card replacement will help if the firewire port is dodgy.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.com


"Taewa" <Taewa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AFC35099-630F-416D-B8ED-7D11D9AA190D@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for your help, but I still can't get it to work. The computer
> doesn't
> recognize it when I first plug it in, and I tried to plug it in before
> booting the computer, but that didn't work either. I have tried my iPod's
> firewire on the computer, and the computer recognizes it most of the time
> (although still a bit buggy). Is there a way to have the firewire slot
> force
> read something? like a "run" command???
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> Does your cam show up as being connected when you first connect it to the
>> pc?
>> If not try connecting it and turning it on and then boot up the pc.
>> Do other firewire items work on the port? Device manager only tells you
>> it
>> should work in theory, not actually in practise.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.com
>>
>>
>> "Taewa" <Taewa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:369F4235-005F-42DE-9C13-F751643A6319@microsoft.com...
>> > When I try to capture with Windows Movie Maker or with my Adobe
>> > Premiere
>> > software, the computer doesn't recognize my firewire port as having any
>> > input
>> > device. The port shows as up to date and no further drivers needed
>> > when I
>> > check Bus in Device Mgr. I have the camera turned on, and on VCR mode.
>> > Is
>> > there another way around this? I am finding that this same problem is
>> > happening with lots of cameras. i am sure it is a bug, but how do we
>> > get
>> > around it? Is there a way to manually make the computer recognize a
>> > port
>> > when something is plugged in?

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Capture Vista 64 GoTimothy microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 03-15-2009 05:33
video capture for Canon Optura 40 on Vista Taewa microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 02-20-2008 20:35
Vista & Canon Digital Video Bill Mac microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 3 12-26-2007 12:37
Video capture peter prewett microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 06-04-2007 01:54




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:43.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120