movie maker loss of sound

mel

movie maker loss of sound
ok all you tech heads out there i need help! I have tried all i can think of,
but here is my prob....
made my first movie with movie maker on vista (it came loaded on there when
i got my new computer) with naturally pictures/movie and music. when it came
to publish my work (which took nearly 6 months to create) i burnt it to a cd
as it would only be used on a computer. I checked my movie on the disc, just
to see if it was successful as when i tried to burn it to dvd it didn't work.
when loading it(which it did) i realised that there was no sound (with all
volumes up at 100) and when i went back in to the program there is no sound
at all on my movie or the ones my sister has created? can it be fixed or do i
have to make my movie again? (the music really makes it) i have tried
everything
please help
thanks
Graham Hughes

Re: movie maker loss of sound
Are you saying that when you play your project in movie maker there is no
sound?
Was there sound when you first edited it?
Right click the audio tracks and ensure you haven't muted the sound.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"mel" <mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok all you tech heads out there i need help! I have tried all i can think
> of,
> but here is my prob....
> made my first movie with movie maker on vista (it came loaded on there
> when
> i got my new computer) with naturally pictures/movie and music. when it
> came
> to publish my work (which took nearly 6 months to create) i burnt it to a
> cd
> as it would only be used on a computer. I checked my movie on the disc,
> just
> to see if it was successful as when i tried to burn it to dvd it didn't
> work.
> when loading it(which it did) i realised that there was no sound (with all
> volumes up at 100) and when i went back in to the program there is no
> sound
> at all on my movie or the ones my sister has created? can it be fixed or
> do i
> have to make my movie again? (the music really makes it) i have tried
> everything
> please help
> thanks

mel

Re: movie maker loss of sound
thats exactly what i am saying - there is no sound at all when playing any
project in movie maker. yes i have checked all tracks and none have been
muted. yes there was sound when i created it - the only sound i have now is
the movie tracks in the middle of the slide show - are you confused yet? i
have tried all the usual suspects but i have sound everywhere else. I even
did a system restore and a defrag in the hope that it would return...no such
luck. HELP i now have a deadline as this has taken way to long as it is.
thanks again

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Are you saying that when you play your project in movie maker there is no
> sound?
> Was there sound when you first edited it?
> Right click the audio tracks and ensure you haven't muted the sound.
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "mel" <mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ok all you tech heads out there i need help! I have tried all i can think
> > of,
> > but here is my prob....
> > made my first movie with movie maker on vista (it came loaded on there
> > when
> > i got my new computer) with naturally pictures/movie and music. when it
> > came
> > to publish my work (which took nearly 6 months to create) i burnt it to a
> > cd
> > as it would only be used on a computer. I checked my movie on the disc,
> > just
> > to see if it was successful as when i tried to burn it to dvd it didn't
> > work.
> > when loading it(which it did) i realised that there was no sound (with all
> > volumes up at 100) and when i went back in to the program there is no
> > sound
> > at all on my movie or the ones my sister has created? can it be fixed or
> > do i
> > have to make my movie again? (the music really makes it) i have tried
> > everything
> > please help
> > thanks

Graham Hughes