Audio format is not supported by the current application.

speechless in WMP

Audio format is not supported by the current application.
Everytime I try and watch a dvd with Windows Media Player on a Windows Vista
platform from my laptop, I get this message, "Audio format is not supported
by the current application. Would you like to playback with Acer Arcade". In
a nutshell, if I cancel this message, I get a visual of the movie, but never
any sound. If I click OK to this message, I get redirected to Acer's own
media player, which plays the visual and sound just fine. Only problem, I
want Windows Media Player 11 to work correctly. What have I done. I've tried
to redownload WMP, but never seem to find the correct path to WMP11 for
Windows vista, so, now, I just pull out my hair.

Help
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Audio format is not supported by the current application.
Google for the AC3 filter and install it.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"speechless in WMP" <speechless in WMP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A2CB86B5-A804-497C-857D-6A24787F135C@microsoft.com...
> Everytime I try and watch a dvd with Windows Media Player on a Windows
> Vista
> platform from my laptop, I get this message, "Audio format is not
> supported
> by the current application. Would you like to playback with Acer Arcade".
> In
> a nutshell, if I cancel this message, I get a visual of the movie, but
> never
> any sound. If I click OK to this message, I get redirected to Acer's own
> media player, which plays the visual and sound just fine. Only problem, I
> want Windows Media Player 11 to work correctly. What have I done. I've
> tried
> to redownload WMP, but never seem to find the correct path to WMP11 for
> Windows vista, so, now, I just pull out my hair.
>
> Help

RalfG

Re: Audio format is not supported by the current application.
It sounds like the Acer application is installed as the default DVD player
software and the audio CODEC that was provided with it is not compatible
with WMP. Installing AC3 filter or FFDSHOW with AC3 codec support enabled
should get around the problem.

"speechless in WMP" <speechless in WMP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A2CB86B5-A804-497C-857D-6A24787F135C@microsoft.com...
> Everytime I try and watch a dvd with Windows Media Player on a Windows
> Vista
> platform from my laptop, I get this message, "Audio format is not
> supported
> by the current application. Would you like to playback with Acer Arcade".
> In
> a nutshell, if I cancel this message, I get a visual of the movie, but
> never
> any sound. If I click OK to this message, I get redirected to Acer's own
> media player, which plays the visual and sound just fine. Only problem, I
> want Windows Media Player 11 to work correctly. What have I done. I've
> tried
> to redownload WMP, but never seem to find the correct path to WMP11 for
> Windows vista, so, now, I just pull out my hair.
>
> Help

snowboard888

Re: Audio format is not supported by the current application.

I get the same message but when I try to play it in acer arcade the
computer asks me if I trust Acer Arcade and I click allow, nothing
happens. WMP closes but Acer Arcade doesn't open, even if I just open it
from the explorer. help! thanks

--
snowboard888