"X"-ing out wmp 11

kennynd

"X"-ing out wmp 11
This seems like a stupid question but I don't know the answer! In the last
few days the problem has developed-when I "X" out wmp 11(close while playing
a vid or song) it keeps on playing, unless I press stop first and close.
There must be some setting for this but I can't find it! This has never
happened previously that I noticed!
Thanks for your help.
--
Kenny
zachd [MSFT]

Re: "X"-ing out wmp 11

This indicates that there's a reference count to the player still active
(such as via a device attached to the system) which is preventing the player
from shutting down.

Service Pack 1 should have better behavior here. If you're still having
issues with that installed, it would be interesting to know more specific
details about your system so it might be possible to reproduce your issue
and determine what unique aspect on your system is introducing this.

--
Speaking for myself only.

"kennynd" <kennynd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This seems like a stupid question but I don't know the answer! In the last
> few days the problem has developed-when I "X" out wmp 11(close while
> playing
> a vid or song) it keeps on playing, unless I press stop first and close.
> There must be some setting for this but I can't find it! This has never
> happened previously that I noticed!
> Thanks for your help.
> --
> Kenny

kennynd

Re: "X"-ing out wmp 11
Thanks Zach for your reply. I restarted the computer on a routine restart and
the problem seems to have gone away for now. I have since used the player
probably hundreds of times without a recurrence. I'll write it off as a
"glitch" But what details would you like to know about? I run Vista Home
premium-w/ media center.
I have an Intel dual core 2.40hz. 2gb ram,nvidia geforce 7500 card. It is an
HP computer. I view a lot of video and music and c**y dvds. If there are any
other specs I can furnish or try to furnish please let me know.
--
Kenny

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> This indicates that there's a reference count to the player still active
> (such as via a device attached to the system) which is preventing the player
> from shutting down.
>
> Service Pack 1 should have better behavior here. If you're still having
> issues with that installed, it would be interesting to know more specific
> details about your system so it might be possible to reproduce your issue
> and determine what unique aspect on your system is introducing this.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "kennynd" <kennynd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This seems like a stupid question but I don't know the answer! In the last
> > few days the problem has developed-when I "X" out wmp 11(close while
> > playing
> > a vid or song) it keeps on playing, unless I press stop first and close.
> > There must be some setting for this but I can't find it! This has never
> > happened previously that I noticed!
> > Thanks for your help.
> > --
> > Kenny

zachd [MSFT]

Re: "X"-ing out wmp 11

At this point, I'm solely interested when this happens with Service Pack 1.
There were some issues here that were sorted out with that, so if it still
hapens there, that's likely some strange edge (unique-ish) case that would
be very interesting to be able to reproduce.

So: thank you! Hopefully this doesn't happen again for you. If it does
happen again, with Service Pack 1 on the system, I'm probably most
suspicious of any external devices that might be attached.