Import Video not working

Brad Gaffney

Import Video not working
I've been trying to import home videos into Vista Home Premium. I'm trying
to use the built in video import tool. It sees my JVC camcorder, rewinds the
tape. I tell it to import, and it goes through the motions, but never
actually captures any video. So, when I press stop, it throws and error that
my tape is blank.

It works fine on my xp build with importing with sonic.

Any suggustions?

=?Utf-8?B?SmFuZVZvbA==?=

RE: Import Video not working
I have the exact same problem with EVERY import program that I have tried
(windows, adobe, Video Explosion) since my vista upgrade. If anyone has a
solution, please help, I'm kind of desperate!!

"Brad Gaffney" wrote:

> I've been trying to import home videos into Vista Home Premium. I'm trying
> to use the built in video import tool. It sees my JVC camcorder, rewinds the
> tape. I tell it to import, and it goes through the motions, but never
> actually captures any video. So, when I press stop, it throws and error that
> my tape is blank.
>
> It works fine on my xp build with importing with sonic.
>
> Any suggustions?

Nick Dallett

RE: Import Video not working
I have the same issue with my JVC GR-D72U, using firewire. Vista can control
the camera without a problem, but the preview remains black while the video
is playing, and no frames are captured. This repros using Movie Maker,
Premiere, and Import Video. I can capture very poor quality movies off of
the USB connection on Vista, and I can capture without issue on XP over
firewire. Please, is there a resolution for this Vista issue?

-N

"JaneVol" wrote:

> I have the exact same problem with EVERY import program that I have tried
> (windows, adobe, Video Explosion) since my vista upgrade. If anyone has a
> solution, please help, I'm kind of desperate!!
>
> "Brad Gaffney" wrote:
>
> > I've been trying to import home videos into Vista Home Premium. I'm trying
> > to use the built in video import tool. It sees my JVC camcorder, rewinds the
> > tape. I tell it to import, and it goes through the motions, but never
> > actually captures any video. So, when I press stop, it throws and error that
> > my tape is blank.
> >
> > It works fine on my xp build with importing with sonic.
> >
> > Any suggustions?

JaneVol

RE: Import Video not working
After a lot of web site searching i discovered that many JVC cameras are not
Vista compatible yet, but JVC is developing a patch to make them work. When
I used our Sony camera (DCR-HC42) the downloading process worked just like it
used to in the good old days of Windows XP. Unfortunatley, we just have to
wit for JVC to catch up.

"Nick Dallett" wrote:

> I have the same issue with my JVC GR-D72U, using firewire. Vista can control
> the camera without a problem, but the preview remains black while the video
> is playing, and no frames are captured. This repros using Movie Maker,
> Premiere, and Import Video. I can capture very poor quality movies off of
> the USB connection on Vista, and I can capture without issue on XP over
> firewire. Please, is there a resolution for this Vista issue?
>
> -N
>
> "JaneVol" wrote:
>
> > I have the exact same problem with EVERY import program that I have tried
> > (windows, adobe, Video Explosion) since my vista upgrade. If anyone has a
> > solution, please help, I'm kind of desperate!!
> >
> > "Brad Gaffney" wrote:
> >
> > > I've been trying to import home videos into Vista Home Premium. I'm trying
> > > to use the built in video import tool. It sees my JVC camcorder, rewinds the
> > > tape. I tell it to import, and it goes through the motions, but never
> > > actually captures any video. So, when I press stop, it throws and error that
> > > my tape is blank.
> > >
> > > It works fine on my xp build with importing with sonic.
> > >
> > > Any suggustions?

trish

Re: Import Video not working

Well after hours of tech support with Dell, Microsoft and JVC it turns
out that JVC cameras are not yet compatible with Vista. The JVC tech
guy said that even their new cameras aren't compatible yet, and that my
GR-d72u camera may never be compatible with Vista. Hope that helps - I
've had the exact same issue and it was driving me nuts....

--
trish
trish's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25355

http://forums.techarena.in