Microsoft Greetings .php files - opening problems

Fosbury

Microsoft Greetings .php files - opening problems
I am using Vista Home Premium and cannot open .php files created with
Microsoft Greetins since Microsoft Greetings (the best Greeting card program
ever made!) is incompatible with Vista. How can one open the files created
in the .php format? Adobe Go-Live tries to open them, but fails.
Thanks,
--
Fosbury
fuzor_silverbolt

Re: Microsoft Greetings .php files - opening problems

Does the greeting card program install? If it does install have you
tried running it in XP compatibility mode with administrative
permissions?

--
fuzor_silverbolt

Monitor: SyncMaster 2220WM/G22PW/220WM(Digital)
Sound Card: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate 32bit
John Inzer

Fosbury wrote:
> I am using Vista Home Premium and cannot open .php files created with
> Microsoft Greetins since Microsoft Greetings (the best Greeting card
> program ever made!) is incompatible with Vista. How can one open the
> files created in the .php format? Adobe Go-Live tries to open them,
> but fails.
> Thanks,

===============================
The only programs that are compatible with
Microsoft .php files are: MS Greetings, MS
Home Publishing, MS Picture It! and MS
Digital Image. The only problem is that most
of these programs are not compatible with
Vista.

I'm thinking your best bet for opening and
editing Microsoft .php files on Vista would
be "Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006
Anniversary Edition". (This software is
optimized for Vista).

There's a 60 day trial version available for
download if you would like to give it a try:

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
(this product line has been
discontinued but you can still
download the Starter Version
and run it for 60 days)

Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
have the ability to create VCDs and it does
not include the clipart and pre-formatted
projects.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Fosbury

Re: Microsoft Greetings .php files - opening problems
Microsoft Greetings will NOT install in Vista.
--
Fosbury

"fuzor_silverbolt" wrote:

> Does the greeting card program install? If it does install have you
> tried running it in XP compatibility mode with administrative
> permissions?
>

> --
> fuzor_silverbolt

Fosbury

Re: Microsoft Greetings .php files - opening problems
I downloaded it and it works (for 60 days anyway). Thanks for the help
--
Fosbury

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Fosbury wrote:
> > I am using Vista Home Premium and cannot open .php files created with
> > Microsoft Greetins since Microsoft Greetings (the best Greeting card
> > program ever made!) is incompatible with Vista. How can one open the
> > files created in the .php format? Adobe Go-Live tries to open them,
> > but fails.
> > Thanks,

> ===============================
> The only programs that are compatible with
> Microsoft .php files are: MS Greetings, MS
> Home Publishing, MS Picture It! and MS
> Digital Image. The only problem is that most
> of these programs are not compatible with
> Vista.
>
> I'm thinking your best bet for opening and
> editing Microsoft .php files on Vista would
> be "Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006
> Anniversary Edition". (This software is
> optimized for Vista).
>
> There's a 60 day trial version available for
> download if you would like to give it a try:
>
> Microsoft Digital Image
> Starter Edition 2006
> http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
> (this product line has been
> discontinued but you can still
> download the Starter Version
> and run it for 60 days)
>
> Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
> have the ability to create VCDs and it does
> not include the clipart and pre-formatted
> projects.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Fosbury wrote:
> I downloaded it and it works (for 60 days anyway). Thanks for the
> help

========================
You're welcome.

Thanks for the feedback.