Video wont play on laptop running vista

pat

Video wont play on laptop running vista
I have a new laptop running Vista to which I copied a video I created on my
XP desktop from a DVD. The video won't play on the laptop...Is there
anything I have to do to make the video compatible to run in Vista....I'm
tech deficient so please help with easy directions....thanks so much, pat
Graham Hughes

Re: Video wont play on laptop running vista
Did you copy the file from the dvd to your computer?
If so, I expect it was a vob file.
If not, what sort of file type is it?

Which vista version are you using?
Not all of them have built in dvd paying capabilities, so you need software
to play the dvd mpeg2 vob file, such as powerdvd, windvd, nero etc.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"pat" <pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new laptop running Vista to which I copied a video I created on my
> XP desktop from a DVD. The video won't play on the laptop...Is there
> anything I have to do to make the video compatible to run in Vista....I'm
> tech deficient so please help with easy directions....thanks so much, pat

pat

Re: Video wont play on laptop running vista
Yes, exactly...vob file...I'm using vista home premium ..

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Did you copy the file from the dvd to your computer?
> If so, I expect it was a vob file.
> If not, what sort of file type is it?
>
> Which vista version are you using?
> Not all of them have built in dvd paying capabilities, so you need software
> to play the dvd mpeg2 vob file, such as powerdvd, windvd, nero etc.
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "pat" <pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a new laptop running Vista to which I copied a video I created on my
> > XP desktop from a DVD. The video won't play on the laptop...Is there
> > anything I have to do to make the video compatible to run in Vista....I'm
> > tech deficient so please help with easy directions....thanks so much, pat

Graham Hughes

Re: Video wont play on laptop running vista
What are you trying to play it in?
Do you have any trouble watching the dvd itself?